Thread: [DEVS] Any chance of allowing us to use custom music in Omega?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    That part is a little annoying, because to change songs you'll have to go back to your homescreen to change the track BUT it doesn't suspend WOO when you do this and it is fast enough to change tracks before a race begins like WOHD was when you had custom tracks from your hard drive.
    If you hold down the PS button a side-menu comes up. I *think* that side-menu has media controls for the built-in music player, but I haven't used it in a long time so can't 100% confirm. I *do* remember that the controls for music volume playback shows up there.

If I'm right, it should save you having to back up to the home screen to load the music player app to change songs, and keeps WOOC visible in the background (to an extent) so you'll be able to see if the track loads whilst you're still looking for a song.

Other things, such as friends list, options to start broadcasting, restart/rest mode/turn off, etc, are in that little side-menu too. It's pretty handy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I haven’t checked yet with the music player, but at least Spotify appears in the side menu. Basically it’s just long-press the PS-Button + short press R1 to play the next track. Hit the PS-Button again and you’re back in the game. Maybe not as convenient as pressing the touchpad, but not bad either.

Talking of the touchpad: this is the first time I play on PS4 and everytime I wanna pause the game, surely enough I hit the touchpad by accident and change the song

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Pime_Taradox234

^This happens to me too often, too! Not exactly the biggest fan of the placement of the Options/Start button cause of that, haha.

PSN ID
    scalliano

It's a shame that the game couldn't be made to work in tandem with the USB player in some way - the visualisations in Zone are ace and all those extra EQ effects that have been added in for powerups add so much finesse to the audio. Coming off the back of the PS3 game it feels like a step backwards.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by KazzyMac View Post
    If you hold down the PS button a side-menu comes up. I *think* that side-menu has media controls for the built-in music player, but I haven't used it in a long time so can't 100% confirm. I *do* remember that the controls for music volume playback shows up there.

If I'm right, it should save you having to back up to the home screen to load the music player app to change songs, and keeps WOOC visible in the background (to an extent) so you'll be able to see if the track loads whilst you're still looking for a song.

Other things, such as friends list, options to start broadcasting, restart/rest mode/turn off, etc, are in that little side-menu too. It's pretty handy.
    Yes. As I had pointed this out earlier, I can confirm how this works. If you use the USB player, the PlayStation button will not suspend WOO to access the USB player. It is fast and easy to do and won't disrupt play.