Thread: Thoughts on Van Uber and Tigron

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Both ships look really cool, I like the Fusion era paint jobs they have included too. Can't see me using them much as the moment though Tigron feels too heavy and Van Uber is too nippy handling wise.

Also the Tigron Super Weapon was the Nitro Rocket, bastard of a weapon.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

Please guy , i didn't pay attention how to unlocked Tigron ... how it can be unlocked ?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I preordered my copy in the US, so it might be different. But I think it may unlock when you just progress with the campaign. From what I've heard, van uber is currently an exclusive preorder bonus and can't be obtained any other way.

Timezone
    GMT -10
    PSN ID
    Riamusama

I didn't pre-order, I just headed to my local game Stop and picked it up when I saw it was out a month before I thought. (I had assumed it was being released in July, because the release date I saw was from the UK "day/month/year" and assumed it to be US style "month/day/year").

However, the game came with a Play Station Store code in the insert, and that opened up 4 PSN avatars and the Van-Über ships.

I have only played on time trial with Van-Über, and a few racebox events with Tigron. Of the two, I prefer the Tigron, but both are fine ships. Once I have opened up all of the skins for the other craft, I'll start putting more time into these two.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

On venom and flash, Tigron is noteworthy for green racing because the #1 reason a green racer loses is being destroyered, and that extra 10% ship energy over an Icaras is significant, while retaining better handling and acceleration than the Piranha.

I also found that the Van-Uber is a pretty good middle ground between AG-SYS and Feisar. It might be my new Phantom ship, I just don't like the dual hull's weight distribution because it feels like a mid-engine car, whereas the Harimau, Feisar and AG-SYS all handle like cars with front mounted engines.