Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Here ya go!

https://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/album/cold-storage-hd

He has a lot of other stuff up on that bandcamp, too. As well as an upcoming album of chill WipEout remixes called Chill'Out"! I've heard a few demo bits he's posted, and they sound really good!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Preordered Ch'illout" physically a while back, can't wait for release (supposedly early June, like Omega)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

the voice chat is really weird in HD/Fury.
    it must be broken or something because i only heard someone talk once for a second in 10k races unless nobody uses a mic for this game
    the soundtracks will be revealed on wednesday at 8pm BST and maybe being live streamed too? :O
    https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/st...02151841234944
    a cool artwork i saw on twitter https://twitter.com/Bad_Dps/status/866581995354238977

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    Its awesome that since omega collection has been announced, the HD servers have picked up again. A few nights ago this happened which was a real treat being the FEISAR fan I am ^^

#FeisarBrigade
    Feisar is best of course

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I need to brush up my piloting skills again because you really did trounce me all weekend RacingFan, but I was having absolutely terrible luck with the weapons all weekend so turbo's were a rare sight. Had to go red just to remain competitive in that lobby
    Totally not making up excuses for the fact I lost several races

P.S I hate you, I was going to win that Sebenco Climb race on Sunday but of course I had 12% shield and you got a missile on the very last corner of lap 5. You had no right to end me like that xD

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

warming up for omega

its hard to get used to 2048 again after playing hd fury

that missile was epic

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    Damn that's nice!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    the voice chat is really weird in HD/Fury.
    it must be broken or something because i only heard someone talk once for a second in 10k races unless nobody uses a mic for this game
    the soundtracks will be revealed on wednesday at 8pm BST and maybe being live streamed too? :O
    https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/st...02151841234944
    a cool artwork i saw on twitter https://twitter.com/Bad_Dps/status/866581995354238977

Feisar is best of course
    The voice chat only briefly worked on HD PS3 version over the first few days, the bigger the user group became, the worse Voice chat became, it eventually wasn't working after the first week......since so few using the PS3 HD online, it basically brings the server back to year one [although in bad need of a service] hence the online voice chat 'Might' work, at least briefly.

I gather some new PS4 version of communication is being the one recommended for the Omega Pack.....but I think that might be server specific on how well it works, I haven't tried.

Suggest anybody playing the PS3 version of HD/Fury try changing their server region in options, see if a change makes it better or not.
    I know from previous experience that changing servers might give you better speed and all features working ETC, but you might [probably won't] see everybody that is online when you do so, the lobby will be limited to your region for the most part [which you could very well find empty for the vast majority of the time], pretty useless when you want to arrange a match up against somebody on the other side of the world, which is usually the case with wipeout.......suggest you test yourselves and record percentage of lobby full in your region, then switch region and record percentage of lobby again when switched to EU.......you will find a lot of EU hosts/ or players, not available in your none EU region [depends on just how full the EU lobby is].....the same situation will happen with the new servers, as they are set up in exactly the same way.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 22nd May 2017 at 02:54 PM.

Hello Guys,

I know this could be off topic but I really want to get a PS4 for the Omega Collection. I loved playing HD online and want to get back in the community. One question for those who played the beta: Is there a real difference between the standard PS4 and the Pro in terms of graphics detail and framerate ? Some big game websites only told about 4K and HDR, my local store has the Slim for 200 bucks so it would be nice if there isnt such a big difference. The Pro still costs 400 bucks there and I dont even have a 4K screen.

Please help me out.

nu9get Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TiGr0n Enterprises View Post
    Please help me out.
    we can do a crowdfunding

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Hi

beta is NDA

xdev confirmed there was downsampling so you may get a cleaner image on a 1080p screen using a ps4 pro

but its not worth to spend 200 usd extra just for that IMO

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Quote Originally Posted by TiGr0n Enterprises View Post
    Hello Guys,

I know this could be off topic but I really want to get a PS4 for the Omega Collection. I loved playing HD online and want to get back in the community. One question for those who played the beta: Is there a real difference between the standard PS4 and the Pro in terms of graphics detail and framerate ? Some big game websites only told about 4K and HDR, my local store has the Slim for 200 bucks so it would be nice if there isnt such a big difference. The Pro still costs 400 bucks there and I dont even have a 4K screen.

Please help me out.
    I would go for the Slim. Yeah, probably the best results will be with a PS4 Pro, but as you said, you also need a 4K TV, plus you have to pay more for the PS4 itself. Well, it depends by your money, but I would go for the Slim as I think there won't be much difference, 4K isn't used at his full power yet so I think that we'll have still great results with a normal PS4.

For the chat thing that was broken on WipEout HD/Fury, I think it will be fixed on Omega, but anyway it isn't important because on PS4 nobody use the chat from the game, to create a Party is the solution

Thank you for the quick response!

I will go to the store tomorrow and pick up the Slim. Its great to be back in such a great community. See y'all on the track!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

So I was just sifting through my photo albums looking for a picture that I need for an assignment, and I found this old thing. A little meme by me and Ace3000 a while back, now it can be relevant again
    (And for the record, yes I am procrastinating)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

And for the record, I didn't expect anything else

The PS4 Pro also consumes a lot more electricity than the standard PS4, which will make a difference on your power bill over time!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    So I was just sifting through my photo albums looking for a picture that I need for an assignment, and I found this old thing. A little meme by me and Ace3000 a while back, now it can be relevant again
    (And for the record, yes I am procrastinating)
    Hi!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The PS4 Pro can have other more drastic issues than consuming more power if you read various posts about it around the various gaming sites.
    From reading the various problems with the PS4 Pro, I think Sony might of beefed up the CPC & GPU but left the power supply the same as on the standard PS4, as a lot of the problems seem to happen when there is something plugged into the USB ports, and when the console is set to output a 4K signal, and in Boost Mode, this is causing the console to shut down.

Even if you have a 4K TV there are still problems getting things to playback properly, this is caused by a basic flaw in early 4K equipment being rushed onto the market, in that the 4K HDCP hadn't been ratified, which basically means that all 4K players, surround amps and TV's / PJ's etc should be able to transmit, pass through and accept a HDMI 2.2 cable and signal, but most of them don't
    I'm still not sure that it has been sorted out, there was a meeting at the C.E.S show in Jan this year by the manufactures to sort one out, but if anything came of it, I don't know.....you can read about the problem in the link below.
    http://www.techradar.com/news/televi...cp-2-2-1256763

Exactly the same sort of thing happened with the PS3 early in the game, as each manufacturer implemented the , then new, HDMI spec differently, and there were loads of equipment incompatibilities happening because it.

Personally I'd leave the PS4 Pro, and 4K playback generally alone till this mess is sorted

Fortunately my Sony 4k TV and ps4 pro have been ok so far....

PSN ID
    WipEout_F7200

Hey all,

Just letting you know I've a community on the PS4 for WipEout Omega (and every other WipEout game) called WipEout Omega Community, theres already quite a few Zone members on there already (160 members at my last count).

feel free to join