4 14.29%

Thread: Slipstream GX as a Pay What You Want game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Charity is attempting to help others with no goal of receiving anything in return. Kind of like what I'm doing here.

You on the other hand, are using SSGX to entice people to give you money. You may be interested to learn of the concept of "gross" profit, as well.

If you want to get into a philosophical argument over what actual charities often really are, I could continue, but I think that would be getting beside the point. And yes, I'm completely aware that you are not deliberately trying to fool people, and I I hope I never implied that. I'm merely trying to help you understand that receiving money for something you make implies that what you have stated - that SSGX is not commercial and that you want donations - sounds like frosting.

There's no need to make such claims, on technicalities they can be construed as being outright false, so why make the claims in the first place? Just be honest. Saying you're "commercial free" is pure marketing bullshit, and calling your tips "donations" is farcical, though common enough practise to earn a pass.
    Last edited by amplificated; 2nd October 2014 at 01:50 AM.

I’m not sure we could agree on whether SSGX is a “commercial product” or not, unless we have a legal expert or something (and even in that case it could differ e.g. from one country to another). What we do seem to agree, though, is that removing the “commercial-free” claim would definitely fix the issue (granted there is one or there might be one).

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Alright

Goldstar Advancements Obital Defence Platform 'Sentinel Station'
    PSN ID
    kingpin123455

Just as a idea, instead of PWYWing it, why not get it greenlisted on steam and have it at a set price.

No, because otherwise we don't want to make people pay for this. PWYW is basically asking if you want to donate at the time of download.