Quote Originally Posted by PureSpeed7 View Post
I think what would be cool would be a career mode where you sign a contract with a team at the beginning and once you have enough money, you can make your own team. You would be able to make your ship with different frames, brakes and engines. each part would have an affect on your craft like some frames would weigh more but be stronger, etc. Then you could customize the look of your ship with different fronts, rears, side panels, wings and cockpits. Then you would choose between a number of sponsor offers and change the color and put on stripes, flames and that sort of stuff. When you were done, you could take it to the test track to tune your ship. For instance, you could tune the engine to make it have more thrust but less top speed, or the other way around.

I would also like longer tracks, pit lanes instead of absorbing, and a world championship career where there is a scoring system like wipeout fusion where every elimination would earn you 2 points and if you were eliminated, you would get 0. The higher you placed, the more points you'd get. At the end of the race series, the pilot with the most points would win and at the end of the year's championship, the pilot with the highest overall points won and became world champion.
Team formation sounds like a cool idea, but a pain in the ass in terms of actual implementation. No matter how many things you design or how extensive you make the logo/ship editor, you'll never truly get the team you really want. Especially when cosmetic items have associated stats; good stats that feel comfortable to you might make the ship you want to design look like a total shiteburger. (Before anyone tells me that I had more or less the same idea, it's easier to design parts that work with one body type and livery than with every imaginable one.) The sponsor offers actually sound like something that'd add a cool dimension to managing the way you race without intruding onto actual gameplay. I'd like to see that happen.