To be honest, the health bar is useless in it's current state... It is a white bar that increases and decreases in size, but you have no connection to anything that indicates your integrity... I mean, when you are at 60%, you can't see that in the health bar at all.... You might notice that it is smaller than before, but it doesn't really indicate your current integrity.

For the pickup symbols, just throwing a plane background or a frame/border around it isn't the solution. It might be more readable, but it looks ugly and doesn't fit to the style of the HUD at all. Maybe we need some sort of "field" that is always there and stays empty as long as you don't hold a pickup, like WOHD has. But this empty field can't just be a half transparent filled square. A little bit more style would be apprechiated.

About resizing and margin I agree. I'd even say we provide a "free hand" tool that lets you drag certain HUD areas unlinked from all the others, like you can drag and resize the left bottom area, the right bottom, left top and right top area. This way we can also deal with all the different resolutions that could come up [I dunno if you have seen that SSGX video posted on youtube from some guy who has a superwide screen].