Thread: Wipeout 2048 - General tips and tricks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any tips on sol A+ as to where to use turbos, routes, ect. I seemed a bit lost last night when looking at the top times. I know my line isn't perfect, but the turbo/ autopilot placements seem to be way off for me

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Me, i use turbos on the various jumps on this track, nothing very original. At the big jump, the route to the right of the big red ideogram is faster.

Thanks! Do you take the right or left route in the beginning? You turbo off and go to the right of that big vertical letter sign?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Left at the beginning and to the right of the big vertical letter sign (but for a ten lap race it's also more risky) !

Thanks! I'm guessing 29 second laps are happening occasionally with this?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GalaticTitan

The only problem I'm getting into now is the A+ challanges. Advice? I'm now on Empire climb and use Pir-Hana Speed then use most of the shortcuts..but I still lose.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I've managed to get first on 5 of them but they are damn hard I tell ya! Pir-hana Speed might be good on some tracks but I've been most successful with AG-SYS Speed. It's fast AND agile. Stick to one route and just try to get almost clean laps. Remember, rubber-banding is really extreme in both ways when it comes to the opponents. One mistake and you're in the middle of the pack. It all comes down to that last lap. Lap 1-9 are just not that important. If you get a turbo in lap 7, 8 or 9 try saving it to the last lap. That's when you'll make your move! On the final lap just boost and barrel roll and try to keep that first position over the finish line. Always barrel roll when you can and absorb pick ups like crazy!