Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Initial thughts

Remove combat 100%, how's that?
    Remove weapon hit goals online 100%

Neither is fun, so why have them

I think going back and forth like jousting is more fun than trying to kinda complete laps, but stay in behind others to hit them with weapons. However I find both to be garbage anyway.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I don't think the problem is the objectives that ask you to hit someone, its that the objectives are the same for racing and combat. If the objective wasn't determined by the online campaign grid you are one and was determined by race type/speed/track it could work, like what Gaddafi said.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Haven’t played WO2048 yet, so where’s the difference between Combat in 2048 and Eliminator in HD? Actually, I enjoyed Eliminator pretty much. Okay, if played with more than six players the quake turns out to be a real deal breaker, but played with less people: Much fun.
    In HD, weapon pads have a significant pause before being reactivated, you earn points for completed laps and get back energy, which is important for surviving the battle.
    But I really like your idea about „dynamic reward“, Cerium. Other than that, what was wrong about Elminator and why change it?

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Sausehuhn, imo the main problem is Online Combat events in online campaign. Because of the requirements to get a pass in each challenge, the combat event turns into combat only, instead of race AND combat. Meaning that everybody just gathers in one place with pads around shooting each other until some lucky player wins.
    As for the single player combat event, the only difference that may bother someone - time limit (in addition to the score you need to get). Otherwise it's the same Eliminator, which I personally love.
    Oh, and the thing I love about 2048 Combat mode is different weapon limitations for different combat events: in one event you can use missiles or cannon only, or you should use ships of a specific class and so on.
    Last edited by chalovak; 10th April 2012 at 02:15 PM.

Being forced to play Online campaign is the problem. You have to play this way( jousting). Going back and forth is the best way to achieve the goal and to get all the goals done in a reasonable amount of time. also, there actually is a lot of Skill involved in " jousting". You cannot mess up by missing pads, or not firing at the proper time, or you get behind on your ability keep up on points.

Weapon hit goals and racing do not go together, they are counter productive, and just not fun in general.

Combat should be set to arenas ( twisted metal) and not on wipeout tracks. It could be incredibly fun with the physics of an ag ship.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

JABBERJAW, so you didn't like Eliminator in Pulse and Fury, right?

I hardly played them, so I wouldn't say hate. I didn't like them enough to continue. I would rather race every time I turn on the game console. I still play every wipeout game every once in a while, and don't have time for something I don't really care for. I do hate every combat event in 2048 though, probably because I'm being forced to play with NO light at the end of the tunnel.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Does anyone feel that the image quality has dropped since the 1.02 patch? Loading times are definitely no longer annoying but the first thing I noticed was that it was ever so slightly smoother but the image quality seems to have dropped slightly too. Perhaps the dynamic resolution is dropping down more often after the patch not quite sure what it is. I was hoping they would do something like this later on to make the game more stable...but resolution? It might not even be that but wanted to get some other opinions... 1.02 thread was locked.

Just looks a little more fuzzy in front of you and I notice some rare pop-ins in the distance as well which I didn't before.. Not sure if I like the sacrifice for smoother gameplay due to the pixelation affecting the clarity. Anyway wonder what you all think, or if there is any difference for you lot at all? I've been playing a lot of lumines recently.. might be it.
    Last edited by mangaroo; 14th April 2012 at 02:19 AM.

it actually look sharper to me. the game itself always had a "sub native" look to it
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 14th April 2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Quote Originally Posted by mangaroo View Post
    Does anyone feel that the image quality has dropped since the 1.02 patch?
    I noticed that the main menu became blurry, these lines that form a grid doesn't look sharp anymore. Am I seeing things? Also there is a bug with zooming. Every time I go back to the campaign grid after an event, I get it at maximum zoom, not very convenient.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Can't. Beat. Pir-hana. Q^Q

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

I know this is a little of topic, but someone mentioned a couple of pages back about getting WipEout Pure DLC. I would be eternally greatful if you could point me in the right direction for getting said DLC, because I have been searching for it for ages!

Cheers, Clancy

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Here you go: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...re-Track-Packs

I'm still curious about your opinions since the 1.02 patch although I'm not as miffed as earlier. Appreciating the load time bump and pretty happy with the game for offline purposes.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Now an on-topic post; does DJ Fresh's 'Louder' feature in races and gameplay, or is it just for the intro?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Just the intro

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Anyone else noticed this in Zone mode once you reach mach 1.3 or so on Sol, near the start there is an uphill curve to the left before the split. You are going so fast that if you fall off the side you are basically still flying up and not losing much height..one lap I fell off, rose up underneath the middle of the track and went straight through the glass shaded platform, continuing as normal

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Awwww, that is a shame. I kinda like that song. Oh well, there are some real classics in there anyways.

PSN ID
    MENGKESHI

I'm getting into it slowly but have really started feeling it on the 3rd season of the campaign. For some reason (probably because of the screen), I'm finding this game much more fun playing in internal view and with the anaolog stick, 2 changes from how I liked to play HD on PS3. Of course I agree it needs some kind of racebox but the gameplay and tracks are awesome!! Thanks SL!!

EDIT: Oh yeah and non-broken proper leaderboards are a must!
    Last edited by MENGKESHI; 21st April 2012 at 08:28 AM.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Played Online Campaign for two F****** weeks! I mean solid!!, lost everything for the second time!!, I was nearly in the end to complete Plat!!

Totally pissed off player!!!!

Have to start again for the friggen third time!!!!

stevie

PSN ID
    morfeo378

I've played enough these last days, the game is good, of course a mistake not to have Racebox, but what I find horrible is that to achieve elite battle is only a matter of luck, a big mistake in my opinion, it is frustrating to think is easier to get 65 areas to get elite battle