Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got 2097

fear not, George; i have never progressed beyond childhood. while i am a great admirer of the combination of chocolate and peanut flavours, i am likewise a fan of the mixture of bananas and peanut butter, particularly on Graham crackers, but ordinary bread will do as a substrate also. adding chocolate as a fourth element to that last tripartite mix would be kinda tasty, too, come to think of it. which reminds me that i just got up and haven't eaten anything yet.

hm, LS101 is most flat, and definitely alleesamee textures, but i love it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    while i am a great admirer of the combination of chocolate and peanut flavours, i am likewise a fan of the mixture of bananas and peanut butter, particularly on Graham crackers, but ordinary bread will do as a substrate also. adding chocolate as a fourth element to that last tripartite mix would be kinda tasty, too, come to think of it.
    Hmmm, now which part of which game are you talking about? Let's see, crackers may mean weapons on, simple bread then weapons off. (How am I doing so far?) And since Wiseman's two food-creations are from 2097/XL and 3, respectively, I suppose adding chocolate again to the one where it's missing tells us: You like Wip3out SE best, both in time trial and single race! I've heard people put this simpler though...
    ;-)

Ben

i was just talking about food.
    i don't have any of those particular items here. so i guess it's going to be pancakes for breakfast. i like them for any mealtime whatsoever, though

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Just food... I really made up my mind here! ;)

hm, LS101 is most flat, and definitely alleesamee textures, but i love it
    Perhaps, but the track design is great, so it's all good fun. And it kind of makes since to me that it's mostly the same, since I've always looked at it as a abandoned subway system of sorts. Where as on Sagar-Matha and Stanza Inter, there really isn't a reason.

Stanza Inter is inside a city, so it can make sense, but Sagarmatha is supposed to be in the mountains, so one would expect courses like Killer Loop's Himalaya 1 and 2. drops like a roller coaster

Cubiss Float in Fusion was more what you would expect from a mountain track, apart from the upside down loop of course (wtf). Track 3 had a great dip section through a gulley, and elsewhere there were precipices and caves which were very nice IMO.

But in defense of Sagarmatha, and in terms of how a track feels, rather than aesthetic considerations, it outshines Odessa Keys with its stops and starts, its bumps and bottom outs. Getting a good flow on Sagarmatha is very tricky, and very satisfying when you get it. A neg enables me to appreciate it even more. I think the 2097 designers were generally very succesful in making sensual rather than simply technical courses. Odessa Keys was their Friday afternoon track, I think. If it was food it would be something very stodgy, mashed potato with lumps in.

But then one man`s mashed potato is another man`s caviar, so vive la difference etc

Stanza Inter is inside a city, so it can make sense
    Well, personally, I have not ever been to a large city where all the buildings look the same. In major cities (in America at least), all of the large downtown buildings are designed by different people, built with different materials and a have a unique look to them.

Stanza Inter, on the other hand, looks like a pre-manufactored city, a downtown version of goverment housing, if you will.

Getting a good flow on Sagarmatha is fairly easy, and rather uneventful when you get it.
    Agreed totally. (I'm j/k with you, BTW)

i was talking about the flatness of the track in Stanza, as in few elevation changes in the track surface, not the flatness and similarity of the building textures