Thread: 2012-06-24: A new beginning - WipeoutZone.com renewed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Lightbulb 2012-06-24: A new beginning - WipeoutZone.com renewed

Following concerns from some members, especially over recent events, I am pleased to announce that Rob will be renewing the WipeoutZone domain, meaning the site will remain active until 2017. However, in doing so he has also taken the decision to stand down from the day-to-day running of the forums. As a member of the site for over ten years myself, I'd like to extend a personal thanks to Rob for all the work he has done over the last 12 years and for being a good friend and drinking buddy for a good chunk of that too. I'm sure this sentiment will be echoed by the whole community.

From today, I will be taking over as full-time administrator, any problems with accounts or other forum-based issues should now be directed to me.

Rob's departure also leaves us short of a person on the moderation team. Following his excellent contributions to the community here, I am pleased to announce that Colonel has accepted an offer and has been promoted to moderator. I would like to wish him all the best in his new role

This community has seen its ups and downs over the course of its life, but at its peak, it has always had the capacity to be one of the most intelligent and welcoming communities anywhere on the internet. It is one of the reasons why I have spent so long here, and I'm sure that is the case for a lot of you too. All I ask is that everyone helps to make WipeoutZone a community we can all be proud of.

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 9th November 2012 at 10:05 AM.