Hi everyone. Total Wipeout n00b here.

I got Wipeout HD on the PS3 as part of the Welcome Back program, mainly for my son..but of course, I got hooked. Since he gets most of the PS3 time and I am pretty much a PC gamer, I got hold of the Wipeout2097 D3D for Windows.

It runs well on my WinXP system with the slowdown patch.

I noticed a few oddities that maybe someone can help with.

When selecting keyboard + joystick (my preferred controller), the THRUST is always 100% and always maxes out automatically on start without me having to push any buttons. This is fine for the Novice Vector tracks, as I don't need to slow down anyway, and I quickly got Golds with and without Weapons activated. Moving up to the Venom circuit (Valparaiso, etc). I am crashing into the walls all the time, and I feel like if I could control Thrust and slow down into the turns, things would be better.

I've tried several things:

• Setting all joystick button controls to NONE to use KB Thrust
  • Programming my stick to give Digital signals rather than DX programmed buttons

No matter what, whenever Keyboard + joystick is selected I have no control of Thrust, and also no Turbo boost at the beginning as Thrust starts automatically at the GO.

Also, a little bug... it seems that when I EXIT WO2097, my sound volume goes to zero. It still works in the game, but in Windows, I always have to open the Volume control and increase the WAVE SOUND slider from zero.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.