Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Most Hated Track

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Thanks for that

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Chengou (sp?) project was what I was referring to, don't quite detest it as muc has the other two, but I could never stand racing on it, the second corner (the sharp left hander) is the ultimate ball-breaker IMHO.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

but aren't turns like this one exactly the reason we love wipEout so much? if you want straightways, go f-zero

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

didn't mean to sound cocky, sorry. just sharing MY view on the topic. I wouldn't love the wipEout tracks if they were easier, that's also why I don't like vineta k that much for example.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

I know, I'm just playin' - Chill out man!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

Tie between Citta Nuova and Vinetta K. Vinetta K has that first set of curves that go downhill, and if you brush the wall there, you're stuck in the back in the faster classes. Citta Nuova has slalom-y bits littered all over and compounded with more strangely-angled track sections: the crazy hairpin is fun, it's all downhill from there afterwards.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    automaniacnz

I hate all omega tracks plus Karbonis and Modesto.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

hate omega? why's that? I agree, paris hair and burgertown are rather boring in layout, but hey, cardcity run and 123klan are absolute killer tracks!

What's not to like about the Omega league tracks? Sure, they're short as hell just like all the other tracks, but the background scenery and trackside furniture are awesome! The tracks themselves are really good as well, especially Burgertown and Cardcity Run.

I love the Omega tracks... except for Paris Hair, which i hate alot.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

*cries because he can't even experience Omega*

Why not Airrider? Not enough space on your Memory Stick, or you don't have the EU version of Pure?

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Exclamation WTF - Omega??????

That Omega pak is the weirdest freakin' thing I have ever seen!!!!

I just saw the stevie_sparks_maxx_omega_tour.avi, the first track was kinda funny, the second looks like a cross between Katamari, Mega Race and Disney Land, the third looks like a fun house but the last is my favorite what with the track having no shoulder, lol no noobs allowed!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

Quote Originally Posted by Zerow
    Why not Airrider? Not enough space on your Memory Stick, or you don't have the EU version of Pure?
    *sniff* I don't have the EU version, and the "secret" packs are something I'm not gonna..."indulge in," if you can call it worthy for the annals of WipEout history...

...the US seriously needs more involved graphic artist types...

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Question

By graphic artist you mean.....

Logos? game design? story boarding???

I think he means level designers, as the Omega pack was devised by some of Europe's most famous modern artists.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Ah, I hate the omega pack, all of it appart from 123klan including those ships gah. Those tracks look and feel like something from a racing game for a 3 year old that belongs on the Nintendo DS

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib
    but aren't turns like this one exactly the reason we love wipEout so much? if you want straightways, go f-zero
    That style of corner (which I would love to take in any other WO,) doesn't work with pure IMO as acceleration is nigh on non-existent in even the 5/5 acceleration ships. Makes heavy pilotting in the way of W3O near enough impossible... sadly

yep, the acceleration stat only seems to make a significant difference at the start of the race, and to a lesser extent after a dead stop. You can use sideshift to help with the lack of acceleration, but a bit more "oomph" under the bonnet would be nice. No wonder that corner is a place to keep your turbo for.

The Omega tracks really seem to be love `em or hate `em. Personally I don`t think they could have done anything much better with those track layouts for the last DL pack. If they had dressed them up as standard tracks with tunnels and buildings it would have been more of the same. I wouldn`t want a whole game like that, but I think the track layouts are fantastic (except for the slow and fiddly 123 Klan imo) and the whole thing has a great atmosphere.