Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grip - Rollcage spiritual successor

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Not looking good at the moment. Approaching the halfway stage and they're absolutely nowhere near the target

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Yeah I keep checking back on it, it'll be such a shame if they can't get it going

From what I’ve seen in other projects “like this”, the success is closely related to the popularity of the former game and, as much as it pains me to say it, RC was nowhere near as popular as e.g. WO which already struggled before SL was shut down. Maybe 2010s is not the good decade for this kind of games? :/ I really hope I’m wrong, though, because I enjoyed the former RC title and Grip seems a very solid successor in every point (technical, art, gameplay and so on).

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

The way I see it these people have no taste, why would anyone buy COD every year instead of a real game like this for example..

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Because people are stupid and don't like things that are different. They want the same thing they got last time. Call me a pessimist, but I always expect the worst possible out come with things, and the incompetence of people as a whole is always my expected reason for said worst case scenario. Of course that doesn't stop me from hoping for the best case scenario, I just don't expect it; people are too dumb.

I think there’s no such thing as “dumb” people (except maybe people suffering from mental illness or something). But there are people who had a different education, or different taste, or simply who don’t want to bother because they don’t want / can’t afford to spent time and energy on looking for something new.

This happens everyday pretty much everywhere: movies, music, books, you name it. I for one like movies so I try to seek something different (though I’m not avoiding all blockbusters either), but I’m not a great reader so I usually stick to the bestsellers. Thus I can totally understand how people can brainlessly buy every COD title out there and I try to not judge them (I’m working on this but I can’t say I always succeed :p).

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

The Kickstarter has been cancelled. Shame, but I think it was inevitable, they were absolutely nowhere near their target. The game is still in development, details for how to contribute are on their website

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Yeah i noticed I plan to make contributions when I get paid this week, looks like they still plan to try for a PS4 release. I think it'll be all digital but I have no problem with that if I get to play this game!

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Default Article on Rollcage spiritual successor

Here's an IGN article about Grip, a spiritual successor to Rollcage.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/...paign=Blogroll

WipEout gets some good mentions in the article, as does Formula Fusion, a ways in.

Figured you'd all want to read it.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

If you haven't noticed, the game is now available on Steam Early Access

It's only in early alpha at the moment understandably, but from the limited content there is it's obvious they've nailed it. It's Rollcage in all but name

nu9get Guest

totally going to buy it, never played rollcage but this looks awesome, look at this new early access video, really, crazy game

also i'm too excited too see how beaufitul landscapes and worlds they can create, can't wait!
    Last edited by nu9get; 15th February 2016 at 09:17 PM.

If only you could keep going in the forward direction after doing a 180° instead of having to do a U-turn. Has this already been suggested?
    Last edited by AdHoc; 16th February 2016 at 10:31 AM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

That's one thing I did find irritating, I remember in Rollcage that the camera kept facing forwards no matter what happened to your car which made it much easier to recover from.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

That is typical rollcage! Really happy with that. Looking forward to playing. ....

stevie

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

So I've been watching the development of this game for a while hoping it would see the light of the day. Its now up for pre order on all platforms of anyone is interested priced at around £35. I bought the early access version on steam and I can tell you it was worth the wait Rollcage is back roll on November

Edit: Forgot to post this link, one of the developers modified some code to make the original Rollcage work on a modern PC gaming set up, he got the go ahead from Sony so its all good

http://www.codemonkey.me.uk/rollcage_redux.php
    Last edited by Rapier Racer; 22nd September 2018 at 01:49 PM.