Thread: Ps4 Controller

Default Ps4 Controller

Hello guys, have anyone tried to play wipeout with a ps4 controller? If yes care to share the toughts? worth buying one?
    Thx.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Done that the first day of getting my PS4 oddly lol. Priorities XDD Its works really damn well tbh. Sharper turning, better handling etc. There are drawbacks, biggest one no sixaxis pitch control, so you're back to manually controlling the pitch. Also you cant exit the game to the PS3 home screen because the PS button on the DS4 wont work for some odd reason. Its not wireless either, you need to have the DS4 plugged in to the PS3 for it to work. If you like rumble, that dosnt work either.

I wouldnt go out my way to get a DS4 just to play Wipeout given the option. Wouldnt be worth it.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

I like the PS3 controller better. although the indentations on the joysticks keeping your sweaty thumbs from slipping off is handy. WipEout is best played with the D-pad anyways, it's more precise.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I tried it at Knuxy's place (Hi! ^^) and although the stick feels a lot more responsive, it was actually really hard getting used to, kinda of like the PS Vita Stick, it's easier to do barrel rolls, but at the same time, harder to not oversteer, or.. maybe i'm just talking jibberish, cuz i rly didn't try it that long

Still though, No rumble = no-go.

Got to feel the vibbbrrrraaaaationsssss ~~( ^.^ )~~

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Yeah the rumble effect really ups the immersion. However I always play with rumble off because vibrations can accelerate the development of carpal tunnel syndrome. I actually felt stiffness and pain in my wrists within a week of playing it after a long absence and it instantly went away after I turned vibration off.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

I like my rumble. Feels so odd without it. Didnt know it could speed up carpal tunnel though, thats new info.

@Cipher - You should come back over and try it for longer this time!!!

I heard that latest ps3 patch improve the ps4 controller, i wonder how is working the start/select buttons.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Im pretty sure the "options" button on the DS4 is the start / pause button, not so sure about "share" being select tbh. I'll be able to tell you guys shortly if the patch does improve the DS4 with the PS3 ^_^

UPDATE - The DS4 can now be connected WIRELESSLY, which is a big plus. No cable in the way. You need to go into "Accessory Settings", then to "Manage Bluetooth Devices", click "Register New Device", and while the PS3 is scanning you need to press and hold the PS and the Share button and boom ^_^ It should work wirelessly.

Still no rumble, still no sixaxis pitch, still no actual ability to use the PS button at all. Still not worth buying a DS4 for Wipeout I feel.
    Last edited by Knux_Chaotix; 10th June 2015 at 09:56 AM.

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

has been able to do that for a little while i tried it and couldnt get to grips with ds4 and wipeout even though i have had ps4 since launch to responsive for me