Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Reverse engineering of Wipeout

Great to see that you're moving alongn with this quickly then. I saw your site and it looked like it hadn't been updated for ages so I thought that y ou might have stopped working on it, but I guess that there wasn't really anything to show as it was all just decoding stuff.

What format does Unity read model files, is it OBJ, FBX?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yes, the thing is I'd love to post some news but for what, as you said ? In the end people are waiting for real stuff ... so it looks like there isn't going to be much news released in between, there's definitely going to be a video as I said before, showing the whole game assets, then the next news will be a download link I will definitely make an HD introductory video when it's done and I'll look for some Wipeout guru for this one !

For Unity I guess it reads FBX, thing is I've never used that part at all for the project -> we cannot ship game data therefore transforming game data to models which implies shipping them is forbidden. Not sure it might have been easier though, actually there are few 'pros' in not using models but there are few 'cons' as well

While I'm on it here's a quick update:

I guess the CD stuff is hmm ... working well by now, need to test the whole procedure against Wipeout/Wipeout XL CDs. It turns out that while being XA-compliant, PSX CDs do not entirely follow the specs, what's supposed to be in a certain form is in another.

I guess that within the next 2 days I'll be able to resume work on the level editor !

I've just downloaded and installed Unity, so I'm going to give the engine a bash and see how it works. Never used it before so it's going to feel really weird after being used to UDK and UE4 for many years.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

It is pretty solid, maybe not as fully featured as UE but still good ... Actually been looking at UE and it's pretty intimidating with those blueprints and c++

Other than that I'm finally done with that CD-related work for WXX-Rebirth !!! Everything works well, tested against real Wipeout CDs and got 100% success. It was tough to get to this but it's done now !

Probably gonna take a little break and refuel my batteries before resuming the work on the game itself

Sweet, great to hear! I don't blame you needing to recharge after all of that work, it was a lot.

I created a post because I did not know this post.
    My original post:

Http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...082#post250082

Is there a tool that extracts and exports the models and textures from wipeout 1 and 2?
    I'm looking for original wipeout models 1 and 2.