Thread: What controller do you use?

PSN ID
    Ninjaxander1 (I despise it.)

Arrow What controller do you use?

Just a quickie, Do you use any third party controllers? and are they better than the original?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Most 3rd part controllers are usually crippled by Sony, and have been from around 2010
    I remember wanting to get a controller from Satecki or something like that, they had it on the market in the U.K and it got good reviews, I contacted the distributor and tried to import one, about two weeks later I read in a forum that a system update had made the controller useless.
    That's why you never see 3rd party controllers for the PS3 or PS4 , Sony can and will make them useless very quickly with a system update, Sony want the controller market to their consoles to themselves...BIG $$ with those huge mark up's.

I use a negcon. There are third party wired controllers that are good

nu9get Guest

i use default ds3 with removed sticks, i was going to buy one of this, because i use only dpad i think it's great for flying with it.

hori_fighting_commander_thumb.jpg
    Last edited by nu9get; 15th November 2016 at 12:14 PM. Reason: attachment broken

PSN ID
    TurboTails8027

I actually, when starting out , used a flightstick designed for the PS3. Problem was it wasn't analogue at all for this game's inputs, which meant it felt VERY wrong using it. Swapped back to a classic DS3.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

i play with DS3, still the best BR machine (d-pad style)

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    I use a negcon.
    really? that's uber awesome! i played 2097 with a negcon calibrated by Mad-Ice back in summer, when we met @ wipEout convention in Frankfurt a.M. that was an eye-opener to me

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    There are third party wired controllers that are good
    which ones exactly? i never used any 3rd party controller, cause i think there's only out there.

btw, if you're a d-pad player like me, never use the DS4 with wipEout HD, cause BarrelRolls are way to hard to execute.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I recently bought a PS4 and immediately tried Wipeout HD with the DS4. The result was actually awful. I'm a D-padder all the way, except in Zone mode. The big problem was that with a DS4 you can't pitch and steer at the same time. You can't use the D-pad diagonally. That is a big problem on tracks like Chenghou Project. It is a limitation between the PS3 and how it uses the DS4.

On the other hand, playing Wipeout 2048 Zone mode with a DS4...

PSN ID
    Ninjaxander1 (I despise it.)

The triggers dont have a dead zone either. so a lightly touch on a trigger it would set the air-brakes off and smash straight into a wall.

nu9get Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    which ones exactly? i never used any 3rd party controller, cause i think there's only out there.
    look at my previous post, the attachment was broken, now it works, i think this third party controller should work well for d-pad only players like us.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I usually use a Dualshock 3, with the D-Pad.

The only way I could effectively use the Left stick is if I could find one where the stick is placed where the D-Pad is. 3rd parties have controllers that do this, but I have yet to find one that is of any decent quality. Any ideas?

Only WO game I can effectively use analog control in is WO64.