Thread: TTP pilots- what controller are you going to use?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default TTP pilots- what controller are you going to use?

I've got two Xbox 360 controllers, [one still unused and vac packed since 2007- pretty much the last time the Xbox360 elite was turned on ] and a PS4 controller I bought to use with the PSTV unit I use for playing Pure & Pulse.

Who has experience using the DS4 software that allows the PS4 controller to work like a Xbox 360 controller wirelessly?
    Are there any quirks I should be wary of?

Can I get a previously unused Xbox 360 controller to work wirelessly, or does it need to be wired up?

I don't know, I've purposely avoided this dilemma of mismatching software/components with PC gaming for years, by choosing to play video games on consoles.
    The last thing you need is hardware problems, let alone video driver problems.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I've used DS4Tool pretty reliably in the majority of games I have on PC (except where UPlay is involved, piece of sh*t). I haven't tried it wirelessly, but wired works very well with minimal setup time. Far better than the old MotionInJoy application to get a DS3 working!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Viva_Hatuey

I'm not sure if DS4Tool and DS4Windows are the same. I'm using the latter. I can confirm, though, that the bluetooth connection is really jittery and may foul up on you - certainly when you go to plug in to charge: the computer then reads it as two controllers and it gets confused. However, if using DS4Windows, the wired connection (much simpler setup) works flawlessly in my experience.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

It looks like DS4Tool is no longer in development, so it's possible DS4Windows is a continuation of that. What I know for certain though is that DS4Tool does not work on Windows 10, so you'll need to use DS4Windows if you've upgraded.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

181113369251_3.jpg
    I ended up getting a wireless gaming receiver adaptor off Ebay very cheap AUS$15 approx delivered, and use the wireless Xbox 360 controllers I've had sitting here gathering dust since 2007.

It was a bit of a pain installing the drivers, as WIN 8.1 wouldn't auto load them from the disc I got with it.......after Googling what I should be looking for, I found them at Microsoft's site and installed them....works fine.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 11th August 2015 at 07:00 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

you shouldn't have had to install them at all., or failing that I would expect you could have just been able to say 'find my drivers automatically' or whatever the option is, it then just grabs them from windows update for you.
    I have one of those things on my PC and I definitely don't need to manually install drivers from anywhere

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah I know what you mean.....I tried that procedure to find my drivers automatically, both from the disc [Win 8.1 wouldn't give me a manual option to select a place to look - despite have admin clearance and being in device manager - go figure ], and online, Windows just wouldn't play ball.

I don't know if it's because I use Classic Shell to make Win 8.1 tolerable to use on a desktop it played up?
    If I unplug the adaptor and then plug it back in again it comes up as unknown device in device manager, so I've learned not to do that