Thread: Pre-patch advantage is gone!?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default Pre-patch advantage is gone!?

Hi folks...
    After returning from an 6 month lasting break i began to play again yesterday evening.
    I updated the game until v2.30 and had some sl sessions but it didnt feel good at all. In order to explore it i updated the version 2.51including the huge aitbreak nerf.
    The result?:
    (Unfortunately) i was able to beat the times made on v2.30 and everyone who has played both version knows that this shouldnt be possible.
    Another fact which seconds my watching is that the airbrake glitch didnt work on v2.30.
    So i want to ask you if any other player has made the same experiences and/or has any suggestions whats the reason of this phenomen.

Bye

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

ive always had the latest patch updates as I have no interest in speed laps or time trials... however, I may be the only one with the opinion that post 2.51 the game was fixed... I found it perfect, but that may just be me. post 2.51 ive broken most of my pb's online and even entered some top 5's... this is supposed to be impossible post 2.51? I don't think so. but like I said, I have a rogue opinion on this.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

You cant get #1 in a sl or tt anymore...
    Thats why pre patch is necessary for those having fun with it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

If it still installed all patches individually you should still have the original pre-patch, it would most likely cause compatibility issues otherwise, maybe you just need some warm up?

@Mosh, i agree with you, post patch does feel smoother and controls better, but i must admit that it is slower than pre-patch, i have a post patch TJR TT which is near my max, but my pre patch version is a little more than a second faster, irrelevant for multiplayer, but of utmost importance for TT & SL

Cipher
    Last edited by Cipher; 7th April 2015 at 10:03 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Never mind. The problem was solved v2.10 gives me the physics i need to attack lizeth and piano ^_^
    Later versions come with new physics.
    And yes, it is smoother but venom is dueto it too boring to play - in general everything was slowed down

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

2.10? Running 2.20 here, you think there's a difference between them? o_O

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I know its strange, but it seems to apply for me since monday. I ve always run v2.30 as pre-patch without any problem.
    Buut now ive downloaded wipeout twice upgraded to patch 2.30 and 2.50 and both had the new physics, which were actually implemented by v2.51.
    I thought/think there is a connection to the new system software 4.70

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post

@Mosh, irrelevant for multiplayer, but of utmost importance for TT & SL

Cipher
    Except, pre-patch times still exist on the boards of both, the server tables and connavars site. I mean, who cares right? let's just have fun.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Quote Originally Posted by terra-wrists View Post
    I mean, who cares right? let's just have fun.
    Yes.

Cipher