Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic NG - Wipeout fan project

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Haha, sounds like you're playing the 2nd latest test build. Check out the new 0.4 multiplayer test build from the github download page, that fixes the quit button on the menu (and has experimental multiplayer support). The control settings is something I'm probably going to need others help test thoroughly since I'm able to set the controls just fine both on my PC and laptop. If anyone who tries that version runs into it, it would be of great help if you could share the output log in the BallisticNG_Data folder

Glad to see you've enjoyed it despite the little quirks! The collisions as they are now are modeled after Wipeout 2097, which a much higher scrape threshold but more punishing heavy collisions. The AI scale to the the ship you're currently using by the way, so if you use Gtek then the AI will also be slow and if you use Nexus then they will also be really fast. The AI have been balanced more since 0.3_2 so it should be easier to maintain first place if you get there.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

@Snake
    Yep, got v0.4 a try, but it still doesn't work. so does the controlls.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Just fixed the key remapping problem, going to see what's still causing the quit button problem now.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Forgot one thing: I actually going to list out the minimum requirements for the game.
    Pops had a old laptop bought in 2012, and all it had were 2GB of RAM, 2.4GHz Intel i5-450M chipset and a 512MB Nvidia GeForce 310M graphics card. For me to say, seems like any computer can play this game at MAX. Great then.

Timezone
    GMT -3

First thanks a lot for all the trouble to make this beautiful game! Your love for Wipeout seems to be so great that you reproduced the game so well that I almost think you got back in time and stole the devs notes

I'm having that always turning controller problem Not sure if it helps but I found this:

There is a topic in the Steam forum of this game: Cornerstone: The Song Of Tyrim and it has this problem and one of the devs says: "We learned the bug is not controller-based, it's OS-based. Windows 7 and 8 is different from Windows 10 and up. I made contact with the My Night Job devs and they were kind enough to compare notes with us. So we'll be incorporating that feedback in next patch. A shout out to them and a thanks to Elefantsu's post for the lead! "

In the news about this other game called: My Night Job you can see the dev of Cornerstone is asking for help so maybe you guys can all talk a little about it

Also if this is a Unity problem it would be good to make it more public so no one have this problem anymore!

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Thank you! And thank you for the links, I'll be sure to reach out to some people to see what they know and if I find a fix I'll try and make it known to the Unity community

BallisticNG has also just been greenlit! A huge thank you to everyone who voted I'm looking to have it come out as an early access title so if everything goes smoothly 0.4 will hopefully be the first steam release!

What to expect from the steam version:
    - Multiplayer matchmaking
    - Achievements
    - Tracked stats
    - Online leaderboard
    - Trading cards
    - Workshop support for mods
    - Steam cloud saving
    Last edited by bigsnake; 13th May 2016 at 12:36 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -3

Congrats on the greenlit!

Multiplayer matchmaking

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Yep, we got greenlit! If any of you guys are on steam, you might consider joining the ballisticNG player group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BallisticNG_Game
    We're hoping to build a bit of a community around the game so get yourselves on that!

Timezone
    GMT -3

Congrats on getting greenlit! I'll be joing there on Sartuday.

Also, I've played 2097(and finished it. Good lord, I've finally unlocked that Piranha ship) to see how the AI behaved during races, since the AI of your game tries to mimic it, I've noticed something: The ships you're racing seems to have the same speed AND limit as the one you're using. So if you're chasing someone at high speed and hit a wall, they'll slow down, so you can still chase. Another thing I noticed(and that's a bad one on 2097) is that you have pre-set positions during the race. If you can keep steadly fast and reach the middle racers, and hit a wall, you'll notice then overtaking you in a cluster(which is ridiculous) and when you look to the position counter you, keep that position for that lap. Lap 1 - 11th, Lap 2 - 7(or 6)th(I don't recall well now), and so forth. One more thing, once I did a perfect lap on sargamatha with AG-Sys and I've got no one on my sights. It's like that you're supposed to hit a wall if you wanna reach/overtake someone.

Another issue I'm having are the S-Curves on your game. In 2097 something that I would normally cut/scrape through, I hit on your game, and it really pisses me off. In 2097 the ship is pushed slightly outwards the wall when you're scraping...more noticeable in straights. It's really very, but very slightly

And the AI in Aciknovae have problems in the last section of the track... you're making them going too close on the wall(so does the auto-pilot -_-)

Take note on those things and see if you can improve this part of the game. That really ruins the experience for me. As for the online part of the game, are you planing to do some sort of Dedi, or it's gonna be P2P exclusively?

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Yay! Greenlight! Congratulations, everyone!

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Quote Originally Posted by Rafeku View Post
    Congrats on getting greenlit! I'll be joing there on Sartuday.

Also, I've played 2097(and finished it. Good lord, I've finally unlocked that Piranha ship) to see how the AI behaved during races, since the AI of your game tries to mimic it, I've noticed something: The ships you're racing seems to have the same speed AND limit as the one you're using. So if you're chasing someone at high speed and hit a wall, they'll slow down, so you can still chase. Another thing I noticed(and that's a bad one on 2097) is that you have pre-set positions during the race. If you can keep steadly fast and reach the middle racers, and hit a wall, you'll notice then overtaking you in a cluster(which is ridiculous) and when you look to the position counter you, keep that position for that lap. Lap 1 - 11th, Lap 2 - 7(or 6)th(I don't recall well now), and so forth. One more thing, once I did a perfect lap on sargamatha with AG-Sys and I've got no one on my sights. It's like that you're supposed to hit a wall if you wanna reach/overtake someone.

Another issue I'm having are the S-Curves on your game. In 2097 something that I would normally cut/scrape through, I hit on your game, and it really pisses me off. In 2097 the ship is pushed slightly outwards the wall when you're scraping...more noticeable in straights. It's really very, but very slightly

And the AI in Aciknovae have problems in the last section of the track... you're making them going too close on the wall(so does the auto-pilot -_-)

Take note on those things and see if you can improve this part of the game. That really ruins the experience for me. As for the online part of the game, are you planing to do some sort of Dedi, or it's gonna be P2P exclusively?
    Thanks for doing that testing on 2097, I'll start working on something similar. The multiplayer is going to be exclusively P2P for the time being, dedicated servers might be a thing in the future however.

Also I will be giving out some beta testing keys. I'm going to be giving out 10, I've already given 3 out so I have 7 left. Let me know if you'd want to get in on some early steam feature testing. I have to give out these keys over an elongated period of time though, the generation process has to be ran through Valve and they deny the generation request if you request too many.

Timezone
    GMT -3

I'd love to help in some testing but it's up to you if it's worth to give me a key cause I'm from Brazil and you know my internet sucks Don't know if I would be able to help in the online mode testing for example OR it could turn out to be useful to try optimize things for far away players like me

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

There is no key, it's free for everyone. Just use the links in the first post.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Quote Originally Posted by NetSphereEngineer View Post
    I'd love to help in some testing but it's up to you if it's worth to give me a key cause I'm from Brazil and you know my internet sucks Don't know if I would be able to help in the online mode testing for example OR it could turn out to be useful to try optimize things for far away players like me
    That would actually be very helpful in testing the online for syncing and extreme lag cases

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post
    There is no key, it's free for everyone. Just use the links in the first post.
    The game is free but the keys are for pre-release access to the steam version of the game. Before the game is released on steam it should be in the best possible state, which is why I'm giving out beta keys for people who might want to help out on that.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Oh. Whoopsie

Timezone
    GMT -3

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post
    That would actually be very helpful in testing the online for syncing and extreme lag cases
    If what you want is lag I'm your guy hahahahaha ahhhh

Well I'm in the Steam Group of BallisticNG so if you need me as a guinea pig just add me

Timezone
    GMT -3

I'll probally have this lag issue too. Experienced player with lag with Halo Custom Edition since 2010. You can find me on the group, can test mostly on weekends.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

The multiplayer on the game decided it was just not going to work, which is rather annoying. Not really sure what has caused it as I havn't touched anything related to multiplayer for a few weeks now. Regardless, the multiplayer is going to be delayed past 0.4 so I can redo it again but with Steamworks. It means you will need to be running Steam in order to play multiplayer, but it will support everything on steam (public/private lobbies, matchmaking, friend invites, etc).

I still have a few keys remaining, PM me if you're still interested in beta testing

Timezone
    GMT + 8

I volunteer to face lag in the name of a great remake. wow first time saying i wanted lag

I'm on the Steam group as "S A D C A T", it's supposed to be just "Teddy the Espurr" idk

EXTRA:
    Having the MP playing on Steamworks is just better imo, much more easier to manage as all you need to do is just open up the game through Steam.

I TRIED THE STEAM BETA:
    It worked just like the releases, nothing goes wrong and sure enough it's fun af! Good ****.

But it just gets on my nerves that Nexus can go 400+ km/h while G-Tek is stuck with 280 km/h on Toxic. The speed difference between teams are far too big, G-Tek was absolutely useless against AI, it needs Hyperboost to be viable, like some sort of life support.
    Maybe setting up some speed ranges would be good, perhaps 320~380, 400~500 km/h etc. would make each ship more balanced. disclaimer: imo

Shields too need some buffing. I kept on hitting opponents and once they pile up, they'll drain about 20~30% of your shield within seconds. Collision damage on walls too needs some reducing, I don't seem to lose as much health on Wo3, which is the one with the most severe damage.

The game needs some fixing still, but for what it is now, it's great, but not really newb-friendly.
    Last edited by TheXTR09; 21st May 2016 at 05:31 AM.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Cheers for the feedback!
    The ship speeds are somewhat intentional. They do need some more tweaking, but for the most part the idea is that GTek is slow and Nexus is fast. The AI scale to your ship speed so GTek is fine against the AI. Also with Nexus you have to slow yourself down, so while Nexus will beat a GTek hands down on a straight, the GTek will beat the Nexus when it comes to tight corners that require heavy airbrake usage. The damage right now is also roughly what I want it to be, the colliding with multiple ships problem will be fixed in the future though so you won't get into a situation where you will have loads of ship piling on you and wasting most of your energy.

On another note, the Github repository has been replaced with a placeholder for now. Since the game is going to be on Steam soon and I'm implementing online features, it feels best that I don't have the source for that open to everyone because people can just download it and use it to cheat. It will also let me implement other third party libraries that I pay for which will help improve the quality of the game (for instance I have an input manager that I have paid for that I'm going to implement, which skips Unity so all input issues caused by Unity will be fixed). The game will be back on Github later in the future with all of the online code and any licensed third party libraries stripped out. Aidan, if you still want to do Linux builds then let me know and I'll let you know how you can get on the new repo

As part of this, I have also uploaded the latest version of the game (0.4 Preview). From now on non steam versions of the game will be kept as one single download. This latest version also has Steam features disabled. You can download it here and as usual also on the download thread. Do note that this isn't a full new release.