Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic NG - Wipeout fan project

Hello there ! I'm a newcomer to BallisticNG - I'm really glad there's finally a Wipeout 1-esque kind-of-port on PC

However, I'm running into problems getting it to work. I have a Xbox One controller - at first launch, the game didn't seem to recognize it, nothing was happening at all in the menu. So I have restarted the game, and remapped the buttons myself, noticing that while remapping, all the "Joystick axis 0" would change in "Joystick 1 axis 0".

After firing the game a second time, the controls work, however I'm always steering right, both in the menu and in-game, which makes it unplayable.
    I have tried switching Xbox One to Xbox 360, and it's the same issue.

Do you have some special tricks to set up to correct this ? I run it on Windows 8.1

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hi and welcome! bigsnake/vonsnake is currently working on this problem.
    Also the problem with steering right. I had the same problem and I found out that it's due to multiple connected controllers/keyboards/mouses. Try to have only one keyboard/mouse plugged in at the same time and also only one controller.
    Let me know if it helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg.A.Byte View Post
    Hi and welcome! bigsnake/vonsnake is currently working on this problem.
    Alright, good news

Quote Originally Posted by Meg.A.Byte View Post
    Also the problem with steering right. I had the same problem and I found out that it's due to multiple connected controllers/keyboards/mouses. Try to have only one keyboard/mouse plugged in at the same time and also only one controller.
    Let me know if it helped.
    I got only one of them connected. One controller, one keyboard, one mouse. And i can't really disconnect my keyboard as it's a laptop ;P

Anyway, staying tuned

Timezone
    GMT -3

_Item pads gets blank, even with item on hold(player and ai)
    _I think sometimes the AI gets locked on the overtake pattern(they keep going insanely fast, you just can't catch them even with perfect laps, that's wrong.)

I had that issue of the controller, but it was in my father's PC, where his Xbox 360 controller just didn't want to turn full left.(the analog) it's weird. When I changed to the PS4 one it worked normally....I think it was the controller

bigsnake is currently working on those input issues with a new Unity input manager that he found out about. Hopefully it will clear any or every controller problem people migh have.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

The Autopilot has a lot of trouble with quick corners on lower speed classes. On Luna it can't make the turn at all, it just hovers in place.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Quote Originally Posted by potterman28wxcv View Post
    Hello there ! I'm a newcomer to BallisticNG - I'm really glad there's finally a Wipeout 1-esque kind-of-port on PC

However, I'm running into problems getting it to work. I have a Xbox One controller - at first launch, the game didn't seem to recognize it, nothing was happening at all in the menu. So I have restarted the game, and remapped the buttons myself, noticing that while remapping, all the "Joystick axis 0" would change in "Joystick 1 axis 0".

After firing the game a second time, the controls work, however I'm always steering right, both in the menu and in-game, which makes it unplayable.
    I have tried switching Xbox One to Xbox 360, and it's the same issue.

Do you have some special tricks to set up to correct this ? I run it on Windows 8.1
    Hey there! The problem you're experiencing there has been a problem for some time and the cause of it is still unknown. Like Meg.A.Byte and Xpand have mentioned I've been busy implementing a new input manager today, I've just uploaded an experimental build here if you want to try that out. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem myself so I can't say for certain if this new input manager will fix it, but if you try it out then be sure to let me know how it goes

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

That problem is usually caused by not setting up a stick deadzone, the stick is never perfectly centered, sometimes enough to cause undesired input, some games allow you to adjust it as well, because it's different from controller to controller (xbox360 controllers having it more often (we have tons with this issue at our college xD), they are fun if the stick steers a camera though, gives a nice smooth panning motion

Setting up a deadzone is as simple as clamping the stick input

If it's not that, welp i tried

Cipher

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Yeah there's already deadzones implemented (you can actually edit them on the menu), 360 controllers are a bitch for deadzones because of how the stick is loose in the centre. The problem in this case has been that people are turning at full speed to the right unless they steer in the opposite direction otherwise, what I believe it could be is something screwy with the input setting. The way the input works is that all the different possible inputs for both keyboards and controllers are named the same so the input can be read for everything in just one check, what's likely happening there is Unity is getting confused and returning the wrong value for the steering axis. I haven't seen many other Unity games that name axes for multiple input devices the same, so I would assume that is the likely cause.

The new input manager in that experimental build can only read either a controller or keyboard at any given time, not both. It will be interesting to see if that fixes the problem

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Ah i see, that could indeed be, although i'm not certain, as when the keyboard buttons aren't pressed, it shouldn't really overwrite anything
    But hope it works out! ;-)

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Germanistgeek22

Issue with the Input manager :

- Right Airbrake bind in the no triger config does not work (XBox360 Controller. I dont like to use the triggers so i use bumpers instead. What happens is that when bound the right airbrake actually controls the LEFT airbrake)

Also quick question : Do you think that sounds packs can be extended (i.e. : Custom Race Intros) ? I'd love to hae my on take on Pre-RAce voices without having you to replace the existing ones.
    Last edited by GGeek; 25th April 2016 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Sound Pack related question

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Thanks for reporting, fixed and will be in the next update
    And yeah I can do that, I'll add that now!

Timezone
    GMT -3

I've played the latest build a bit, but the warnings are not effective, except for mines, because you dont have delay between the warning, and the fire.BECAUSE THEY FIRE AT POINT BLANK MOST OF THE TIME.
    The wider pit lanes on those few tracks are a welcome addittion, theyre better to cut through now.
    On the input manager, could you make all commands to accept axis and vice-versa? Like GGeek said, I don't like using the triggers to use the airbrakes, so I put on the bumpers. Thing is: Hyperthrust and look back are needed to be put on the triggers, but the mapper just does not accept it because they're not buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post
    Hey there! The problem you're experiencing there has been a problem for some time and the cause of it is still unknown. Like Meg.A.Byte and Xpand have mentioned I've been busy implementing a new input manager today, I've just uploaded an experimental build here if you want to try that out. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem myself so I can't say for certain if this new input manager will fix it, but if you try it out then be sure to let me know how it goes
    Same issue unfortunately.. I will just follow Hiki's advice and play with the D-Pad

EDIT: Mapping one of the Steer to the D-Pad fixed the issue ! No idea why there are two entries in the first place..
    dAXCE8e.png
    Last edited by potterman28wxcv; 25th April 2016 at 07:00 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Greenlight link has been shared on the FB/Twitter pages. Looking good!

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing that!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafeku View Post
    I've played the latest build a bit, but the warnings are not effective, except for mines, because you dont have delay between the warning, and the fire.BECAUSE THEY FIRE AT POINT BLANK MOST OF THE TIME.
    The wider pit lanes on those few tracks are a welcome addittion, theyre better to cut through now.
    On the input manager, could you make all commands to accept axis and vice-versa? Like GGeek said, I don't like using the triggers to use the airbrakes, so I put on the bumpers. Thing is: Hyperthrust and look back are needed to be put on the triggers, but the mapper just does not accept it because they're not buttons.
    The warning still needs work, it's only a quick implementation at the moment. For the shared axis/button mapping possibly in the future, it will take a lot more work to get working.

Same issue unfortunately.. I will just follow Hiki's advice and play with the D-Pad

EDIT: Mapping one of the Steer to the D-Pad fixed the issue ! No idea why there are two entries in the first place..
    dAXCE8e.png
    That's indeed weird. By the way were you running the new build? I disabled the Unity launcher on that new build because it's no longer required.
    Last edited by bigsnake; 26th April 2016 at 01:40 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -3

And I've found another bug, out of luck: You can absorb weapons while paused(found with missile with a lockon)

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post

That's indeed weird. By the way were you running the new build? I disabled the Unity launcher on that new build because it's no longer required.
    I was using the 0.3.2 build that you linked (the experimental one).

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

I was using the 0.3.2 build that you linked (the experimental one).
    Ah okay, good to see you've managed to fix it. Will continue looking at the cause of the problem in the first place and try and get it fixed!

I'm going to be spending this week on the multiplayer again. I'm starting from scratch and I've already got lobbies fully working again. Custom ships will now also be sent automatically between players, there's going to be a hard limit of 5mb per ship. Wipeout HD's ships with full 1024x1024 textures only take up 2mb, so that's plenty of room to work with. From testing ships are sent instantly, this has been tested both locally on my own PC and between me a friend who has a 1mb/s max download speed.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Finally I got a try at BnG 0.3, and its', well hate to say it, kinda dissapointing. ( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)

Don't get me wrong, the game surely improved so many ways, but some very minor bugs are found throughout the game. I'm pretty sure you can't miss these. Maybe it's only me?
    * The Quit button on the pause menu doesn't work.
    * Controls in Settings cannot be changed.

I tried out Season One, and playing on the keyboard is far too sluggish for me and I tend to pinball into walls six to seven times before I can get back on track. I had no problems playing with a controller, so I set off to try out its native controller support on my DualShock 2. It was wonderful. now im no filthy skrub
    The bounce off and the angle it's bouncing off to is far too great and I have to replay Wip3out for comparison. G-tek is so slow in races that it's incapable to even race unless Afterburner is used (if that's intentional then ok fam), heck all ships cannot in some way catch up to the top three without Afterburner. And Plasma came up far too often for some reason.

Aside from the problems, I can dare say that this build is the most well-made out of anything I tried. The graphics work well, absolutely no lag and the soundtrack has old-school sick af 😂👌 electronica that I can't even tell that it's from you guys. It's like some avid fans went on reverse-engineering the game and build their own dream team upon it.
    Can't love this game any more.

No game is perfect, so I'm here pointing bugs out so you can fix it. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by TheXTR09; 28th April 2016 at 08:53 PM.