Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic NG - Wipeout fan project

Timezone
    GMT -6

Oh, that's pretty nifty! I still think it'd be cool to have a livestream to interact with him.

Well I'm making one of the tracks for Ballistic NG right now, I can stream it, although it's going to be really boring for the most part.
    www.twitch.tv/xpand122
    Last edited by Xpand; 2nd March 2016 at 09:26 PM.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

BallisticNG 0.2 is going to be released soon, I'm looking at a release before Friday.

This is quite a hefty update bringing a new assortment of tracks, new game modes, weapons, revamped in-game interfaces, voices, time-trial ghosts, vastly improved ship handling, an AG Bike and loads of other little things like reduced wall collision damage, the re-introduction of checkpoints, cheats, controller force-feedback, customizable HUD colors and a view distance option.

The ship importer will not make it into this update, but it will be coming in an update in the near future!

Timezone
    GMT + 8

@Snake

It's Christmas all over again. Can't wait for the release!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Exciting news! It's amazing how far this project has come since December.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post
    BallisticNG 0.2 is going to be released soon, I'm looking at a release before Friday.

This is quite a hefty update bringing a new assortment of tracks, new game modes, weapons, revamped in-game interfaces, voices, time-trial ghosts, vastly improved ship handling, an AG Bike and loads of other little things like reduced wall collision damage, the re-introduction of checkpoints, cheats, controller force-feedback, customizable HUD colors and a view distance option.

The ship importer will not make it into this update, but it will be coming in an update in the near future!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Well, now I know what I'LL be doing this weekend!

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Just released! Download here

The release thread has also been updated as per usual

PSN ID
    stin_wz

just watched it and my answer is........simplay wow!!! hopefully l will play this weekend ifl can use my son's pc in his (his fancy computer) . only way to find out.

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -6

QUOTE=bigsnake;247135]Just released! Download here

The release thread has also been updated as per usual

[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg.A.Byte View Post
    Guys! BNG has it's own energy drink now!

Attachment 9945

http://i.imgur.com/S8nf00p.jpg
    In case it doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGeek View Post
    Would buy, need this extra kick to control the Barracuda ^^
    I prefer NERD (what good is caffeine if you can't focus on anything?), but I would totally give that a try!

EDIT: My stupid phone always takes me to old pages when I ask it to take me to the latest page...
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 8th March 2016 at 08:46 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

I've contacted Vinny, from Vinesauce. He's a popular Twitch streamer and I've offered him the Alpha 0.2 build to play on stream! Hopefully he gives it a look, Vinny is a really fun streamer to watch.

PSN ID
    leegamestudios

Love the new release! The tracks and ships are great and it's nice to be able to import the original PS1 ships into the game. I've uploaded a video of a time trial in the wipeout 3 AG systems ship on the halberd speed class.

I also built version 0.2 for Linux if anyone wants it, and as you can see in the video it works flawlessly!

https://mega.nz/#!BddUgQDJ!s01vu6to3...66i50Ezy-5_Whg

I can't wait to see more tracks added in the future.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Nice run! Also thanks for building that Linux build, I'll add it to the release thread

Timezone
    GMT -5

I've been really enjoying this latest release! I have a couple of questions though.

1. How do you select the AG Bike?
    2. Will the old Ishtar Citadel layout return in some way?

nu9get Guest

is there any chance in the future to play this online against other pilots?

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

This needs to be spread far and wide. Been trying to get some kind of mention on IGN, with no luck.

(They've done features on fan games for other franchises often enough...) *grumble*

But getting this out there to a wider audience, in addition to promoting Ballistic NG, will show more people that WipEout isn't dead to everyone. And that is important, indeed.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I think contacting streamers and Youtubers is the best way to raise awareness. If anyone knows any youtubers or streamers who are fans of Wipeout, it'd be worth contacting them.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Quote Originally Posted by Fredbob396 View Post
    I've been really enjoying this latest release! I have a couple of questions though.

1. How do you select the AG Bike?
    2. Will the old Ishtar Citadel layout return in some way?
    Type carving on the menu then it will show up in the ship list. I discovered there was a navigation issue after releasing though because I usually just use the mouse on the menu. You rather need to click it or move over it then move up again and it will be selected, I've fixed this for the next release

Probably not, the layout had many flaws which is why I scraped it. There will be a track importer in the future though so I could provide it as some sort of template.

Quote Originally Posted by nu9get View Post
    is there any chance in the future to play this online against other pilots?
    Working on this right now! I just got a networked lobby working so basic multiplayer will probably in the next version of the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

So my feelings of 0.2 are that it's in really good shape, but needs some more polishing in some ways.

As someone stated before me, the wall collisions are pretty unforgiving. And especially for low-armor ships. I was able to destroy myself in first half of fist round.

Next thing is AI, I think they behave quite ok, but the weird thing is the clumping or clustering of all AI ships together, no matter the differents of the ships. And if you get right in the middle of that cluster...boy, it's hell.

I don't exactly know how the speed classes work, but Nexus in Apex is faster than G-Tek on Zen. And if you try G-Tex on Toxic it's super slow, but the other ships are even slower even if they have better performance.

Yea, and how does the Friction shield work?

But overall status and my rating is GREAT! Really, really good job Bigsnake, Xpand and Dreadofmondays. And also others who contributed.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Thanks for the feedback

I just reduced the wall collision damage some more, I'm going to be doing some stat balancing very soon so that should also help with damage in general. That applies to the speed stuff as well, GTek's top speed in Zen is set to 95 and Nexus in Apex is 90 so yeah, there is quite the unbalance there.

I just tweaked the AI so that they will avoid clumping together. In the future I want to make the AI a little less predictable because at the moment they tend to trail each other, adding some behaviors like overtaking is also something I want to try implementing. The AI by the way use your ship's top speed to balance them out, that's why it was so easy for them to clump together, they were all going the same speed

The friction shield shouldn't have been enabled, it doesn't do anything at the moment. I'm actually removing a few of the planned weapons to just keep the pickups that are more useful. I also added cannons and missiles today, going to do trip laser, energy wall and impulse and that will probably be it for the weapons.

Glad you enjoyed it! There's going to be a follow up update soonish to polish everything up, I think I might have just fixed that input problem where the ship is always steering right too. I don't have a setup where that's a problem though so I can't confirm if it is fixed just yet.

Edit:
    Next release is going to be the first beta release. I just finished setting up the unlock system for the 3 prototype ships and barracuda and added the tournament gamemode along with the singleplayer tournaments. The singleplayer is being used primarily as the method to unlock the ships. The only thing stopping the game from being a full release at this point is 2 missing tracks, online multiplayer and the general unpolished nature of the game, the modding tools aren't in yet but that's more of a post-release thing.
    Last edited by bigsnake; 13th March 2016 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredbob396 View Post
    I think contacting streamers and Youtubers is the best way to raise awareness. If anyone knows any youtubers or streamers who are fans of Wipeout, it'd be worth contacting them.
    I think Vinny from Vinesauce might be your best option since he likes games like F-Zero and WipEout and is open to requests.