Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic NG - Wipeout fan project

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I really like this one, especially the trippy tunnel and holographic Earth. Good job!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Wow, indeed! Great stuff!

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Been meaning to ask about weapon announcements. What type will this game have?:
    The type that tells you what you picked up? Or the type that warns you what kind of weapon is ahead or behind you?

Or perhaps, an option should be available? Or some way to do both?

In general, I prefer the warning option, as it feels more realistic to me. But at the same time, I LOVED the announcers in 2048 that announced pickups. (Especially AG-Systems!)

Thoughts?

Edit: Also, I really like that G-Tek craft design. Of course, I'm a sucker for designs that resemble the original mono-hull design from the first game.
    (Why yes, that may have something to do with why I'm a FEISAR fan. Just maybe. )

Great looking physics!

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Divide View Post
    Been meaning to ask about weapon announcements. What type will this game have?:
    The type that tells you what you picked up? Or the type that warns you what kind of weapon is ahead or behind you?

Or perhaps, an option should be available? Or some way to do both?

In general, I prefer the warning option, as it feels more realistic to me. But at the same time, I LOVED the announcers in 2048 that announced pickups. (Especially AG-Systems!)

Thoughts?

Edit: Also, I really like that G-Tek craft design. Of course, I'm a sucker for designs that resemble the original mono-hull design from the first game.
    (Why yes, that may have something to do with why I'm a FEISAR fan. Just maybe. )
    I'm a fan of customization so there will most likely be both, I do feel like just having a warning sound when someone near you has a specific weapon is better in that it keeps you on your toes more since you don't know what exactly the danger could be.

While on the topic here's the list of weapons that will be in the game, there's quite a few and I'm going to be using a 3-class system which modifies certain weapons and changes which ones the ship uses so you get a bit of customization for your playstyle. You can also find this list on the trello board linked on the original post.

Offensive
    * Rockets
    * Missiles
    * Mines
    * Trip Laser (a re-skinned quake basically)
    * Plasma Bolt
    * Energy Wall
    * Bomb
    * Impulse
    * Cannons

Defensive
    * Shield
    * Autopilot
    * Emergency Pack (the requirement for getting it will be a bit more specific then WO2097)
    * Friction Shield
    * Reflector
    * Cloak

I'm also going to look at re-introducing barrel rolls from earlier builds of the game but repurposing them for combat, the idea would be you can evade non-lockon weapons if you barrel roll at just the right moment but you will still take a small amount of the damage. I'm not saying that's absolutely going to happen though, if anything I mentioned it to gather feedback on what people think of that idea. Ideally I want to start adding some features that expand further on what Wipeout could have done instead of just making a straight up Wipeout clone with different teams and tracks.

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg.A.Byte View Post
    One thing that wasn't discussed before (i think) is the announcer. I'm curious about it. Do you have any plans with it Snake?
    I do, what I'm wanting to achieve with voices is something similar to Wipeout 2097 (the robotic system voice). If anyone is interested in doing voice work then let me know about that, I have a list of lines to be said. I have already tried to do it myself and I don't have the voice for it. It's not a priority right now though.
    Oooh, voice acting. I'm not great with post-effects, but voices are totally a thing I could do, I may be interested in attempting this at some point.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

This is supposed to be a crude sketch of my Velocity Inc. team. Since it's no use now, I figured posting it out here and see how you guys think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

so idk what happened but i suddenly ended up with all these SWEET-ASS BNG WALLPAPERS
    hyperion_wp.jpgtenrai_wp.jpgnexus_wp.jpggtek_wp.jpgomnicom_wp.jpg

These are not 100% true quality and size. I'll make a proper pack later on once i have more.
    Last edited by dreadofmondays; 30th November 2015 at 06:50 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by dreadofmondays View Post
    so idk what happened but i suddenly ended up with all these SWEET-ASS BNG WALLPAPERS
    HOLY MOLY! These are so goood. I love it! We needed some of this.
    Anyway, I have plans to do some magazine covers for BNG, maybe somewhere at the end of this week (about 6-7 days from now).
    Hype is getting real
    Last edited by Meg.A.Byte; 29th November 2015 at 12:56 PM.

Hyperion (Originally modelled by Meg.A.Byte)

http://i.imgur.com/KN0aoQT.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/K5eMHFk.jpg

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Man, that's just fantastic! It has everything it needs - black/orange/white color palette with carbon fibre. Great job there. I think it's good that you are making textures for every ship because it's consistent in quality and the whole visual aspect.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by Thane Corrigan View Post
    Oooh, voice acting. I'm not great with post-effects, but voices are totally a thing I could do, I may be interested in attempting this at some point.
    How will the voice acting be applied in game? I am picturing Unreal Tournament-style taunts during races, with radio chatter between the pilots.

I also think a team operator during Campaign races would be a nice touch, who'd warn you when somebody was coming up behind you or when somebody got through a mine field that you planted.

- - - -

I had some weapon ideas a while back from one of my own brainstorming projects regarding a "better version" of 2048, so if anyone wants to hear about them, you are welcome to send me a private message.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    How will the voice acting be applied in game? I am picturing Unreal Tournament-style taunts during races, with radio chatter between the pilots.

I also think a team operator during Campaign races would be a nice touch, who'd warn you when somebody was coming up behind you or when somebody got through a mine field that you planted.

- - - -

I had some weapon ideas a while back from one of my own brainstorming projects regarding a "better version" of 2048, so if anyone wants to hear about them, you are welcome to send me a private message.
    It's just going to be one word system voices to tell you what items you pickup and warn you if an AI nearby is targeting you with something, also the countdown at the beginning of the race.

The problem with radio chatter between pilots is that teams wouldn't be communicating with each other, and duplicate teams you'd see on the track are just a limitation of teams to fill up all 12 slots for a race. There's a total of 9 teams, excluding the 4 unlockable prototype ships, the AI are going to be able to choose from so there will be 4 duplicates if you're playing with 12 racers. A team operator is then made completely redundant by the ship being able to warn you of any threats (that's what the system voice is implied to be).

Timezone
    GMT -6

I still think hearing your opponents curse you over the radio (with sensor bleeps) when you hit them with a Disruptor would be extremely satisfying

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    I still think hearing your opponents curse you over the radio (with sensor bleeps) when you hit them with a Disruptor would be extremely satisfying
    I was thinking more of like in XGRA where the voiceovers for each pilot vary depending on whether your starting to damage your opponent or if the opponent's shields are critically damaged and/or if it occurs to the pilot.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I love that aesthetic, Xpand; clean, high-resolution textures that look straight out of WipEout HD, on low polygon Wip3out- and Pure-esque models. Is it being constructed with Quads, by any chance?

It's a mix of quads and triangles. But it's exported to triangle mesh anyways, so it doesn't really matter. The ships are all around 100 polys. The textures are high resolution there, but they're reduced to 256x256px for the game so it looks accurately PS1-ish.