Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic NG - Wipeout fan project

Last edited by Xpand; 13th November 2015 at 07:19 PM.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Hey everyone!

So with AGgamer listing a good roster of teams (Hyperion also included) and all the tracks for the game decided I'm going to be closing the game's story side off. I and Dreadofmondays will be taking it from here, thanks to everyone for your submissions as getting the game this far with teams and tracks wouldn't have happened without them! If you have contributed anything up to and beyond this point you will be mentioned in the credits, which is currently a .txt file uploaded with the game.

If you had a team in mind then the next version of the game will feature the ship importer I had made a post about a while ago so you will be able to get your team in the game through that.

BallisticNG's time frame is also now constrained to 2159 only, the base game will come with 8 teams, 16 tracks (8 normal, 8 prototypes) and 4 unlockable ships. Once complete the game's design documentation will be released for everyone to see, for now though I will be working hard to get the first major alpha build released.

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

Update on my proposed contribution - I still can't quite get the hang of this texturing process and it's given me a headache. My inexperience has caused me to hit a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post
    I and Dreadofmondays will be taking it from here, thanks to everyone for your submissions as getting the game this far with teams and tracks wouldn't have happened without them! If you have contributed anything up to and beyond this point you will be mentioned in the credits, which is currently a .txt file uploaded with the game.
    Reading you loud and clear on that one, Snake.
    If you were still interested in that team suggestion I had as one of those bonus teams, I put together the .fbx, a few basic concepts and other things into a folder on my Onedrive...
    Y'know, just in case you liked the 3d model concept and wanted to see what you or Xpand could make of it.
    Here's the URL link - http://1drv.ms/1NCDtPi (all the files are also inside the .zip, just to save time)

I'm pretty much donating the whole thing. I'll let you take it off my hands, even as far as changing the final team name and stuff, cus I'm getting nowhere with it
    If not, no biggy. Will definitely still be keeping an eye on this project though, all the test videos look great

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Quote Originally Posted by Thane Corrigan View Post
    Update on my proposed contribution - I still can't quite get the hang of this texturing process and it's given me a headache. My inexperience has caused me to hit a brick wall.

Reading you loud and clear on that one, Snake.
    If you were still interested in that team suggestion I had as one of those bonus teams, I put together the .fbx, a few basic concepts and other things into a folder on my Onedrive...
    Y'know, just in case you liked the 3d model concept and wanted to see what you or Xpand could make of it.
    Here's the URL link - http://1drv.ms/1NCDtPi (all the files are also inside the .zip, just to save time)

I'm pretty much donating the whole thing. I'll let you take it off my hands, even as far as changing the final team name and stuff, cus I'm getting nowhere with it
    If not, no biggy. Will definitely still be keeping an eye on this project though, all the test videos look great
    Nice stuff! That can definitely be included as a bonus team, I'm still accepting asset contributions so there's no problem with having a few extras

That's looking better and better every time you share more images, loving those sewage pipes on that last one.

Caliburn

http://i.imgur.com/ofeuwk3.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/D7egUu5.jpg

(I only noticed I forgot the spoiler when I was done with the textures. I appologize for that, but in any case the spoiler is a bit redundant as the AG device does the lift/drop work on itself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HANpa_OGRtU
    Last edited by Xpand; 18th November 2015 at 10:39 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Looks great! The colours are pretty refreshing
    Anyway, as I posted on page 26, I have a ship with no textures. So if anyone wants to just make textures for it (don't worry, UV's are done), it can be used in game. I can basically gave it out. I don't have time to finish that...tons of other work.
    I don't want to post it right away, but if you are interested (anyone), just tell me.

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    I only noticed I forgot the spoiler when I was done with the textures. I appologize for that, but in any case the spoiler is a bit redundant as the AG device does the lift/drop work on itself.
    That's perfectly alright, I was wondering if it was necessary myself, and I got a little worried it might get in the way of the camera on close-up. The spoiler concept itself was inspired a little by Auricom F5000 and it seemed more of a gimmicky thing to be honest.

Still, I like the changes, and it looks great on the track, the bright colours really stand out. I'm kind of wondering what the stats are now it looks quite rear-heavy in handling and slow on the thrust uptake

Wyvern remake

http://i.imgur.com/C0wOlWq.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/vBSBkul.jpg

Btw Megabyte, send the model file via PM, please.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I hadn't dropped into this thread before today. And WOW. That's all I have to say. I think I'm even more psyched for this game than Slipstream GX. This just feels more... WipEout-y.

I saw a question a few pages back about whether the look should be made to look a bit more like WipEout 3. Has a decision been made? Honestly, I'm divided on it. I really really like the "realistic" look of the WipEout Anniversary demo. That had some serious callbacks to Silverstream. But the newer vids looked so much like a Wip3out beta version, I couldn't help but be impressed as hell. I'll play it either way, of course, but I think my vote goes for the slightly more realistic graphics. They look, to me, like how WO1 would look had the tech been available at the time.

Thoughts?

At any rate, I'll be watching this more closely from now on.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

One thing that wasn't discussed before (i think) is the announcer. I'm curious about it. Do you have any plans with it Snake?

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Divide View Post
    I'm ashamed to admit it, but I hadn't dropped into this thread before today. And WOW. That's all I have to say. I think I'm even more psyched for this game than Slipstream GX. This just feels more... WipEout-y.

I saw a question a few pages back about whether the look should be made to look a bit more like WipEout 3. Has a decision been made? Honestly, I'm divided on it. I really really like the "realistic" look of the WipEout Anniversary demo. That had some serious callbacks to Silverstream. But the newer vids looked so much like a Wip3out beta version, I couldn't help but be impressed as hell. I'll play it either way, of course, but I think my vote goes for the slightly more realistic graphics. They look, to me, like how WO1 would look had the tech been available at the time.

Thoughts?

At any rate, I'll be watching this more closely from now on.
    Thank you! Yeah the decision on the Wip3out style of the game has been decided now, it's much more manageable and much quicker to make content plus it looks more authentic

Quote Originally Posted by Meg.A.Byte View Post
    One thing that wasn't discussed before (i think) is the announcer. I'm curious about it. Do you have any plans with it Snake?
    I do, what I'm wanting to achieve with voices is something similar to Wipeout 2097 (the robotic system voice). If anyone is interested in doing voice work then let me know about that, I have a list of lines to be said. I have already tried to do it myself and I don't have the voice for it. It's not a priority right now though.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Since the whole game is now stylized like a PS1 game, I've been working on a new aesthetic for the prototype tracks. Here's what I have, minimalist fake wire-frames.

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

Oooh, very nice. The minimalist approach is good.

Just some of the colour elements in the environment seem... confusing (not sure what other word to use):
    - It's quite hard to identify the track ahead in the video sometimes. Even simply using a darker grey on the track compared to the background to increase the contrast should make it easier on the eyes.
    - The speed pads and weapon pads are also quite hard to differentiate from a distance. I think allowing the speed and weapon pads to be separate colours would help a lot there.

I'm liking the orange theme though, makes it very vivid and bold.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

It wasn't much better in wip3out, tbh. I think it should stay like that

EDIT: I'm a dipshit, the background was slightly different to the track. Ugh. -_-
    Last edited by Ace3000; 23rd November 2015 at 02:49 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

New track!

This is Aciknovae in almost final condition. I hope I did the original concept justice!

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Here's some more stuff for showing off Acnikovae too

PSN ID
    DIXI200

Congratulations, great job

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

It looks excellent! You should be very proud! The one thing I'd say about it is I intended for it to be a night circuit. Looks very professionally done though! ^_^

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Wow! Excellent!