Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic NG - Wipeout fan project

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Yeah there's been pitch control similar to the original games for a while now. I've improved the wall collisions since this video, but here's the latest video.

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

I've been browsing through the youtube channel every few days, and progress is amazing, guy

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post
    You know for something that's made in sketchup that's impressive, I'm not sure how it holds up today but last time I used it, it was focused on architecture and if you tried to make anything else then you might have well just given up. Since AGGamer has already just created a roster of teams above the team won't be included in the main 8 planned, but there's going to be a large amount of side teams to unlock so it will be very likely it will be added through that
    Oh, yeah, Sketchup is my go to for more precise 3d mesh building. The only issue I had was trying to save it in a way that Blender could recognise for model export. Luckily found a pretty handy plug-in that can import an entire .skp Sketch-up scene.
    But yeah, I may attempt to clean it up some more if I can figure it out, and then drop a d/l somewhere.
    And hey, sure thing. If you think the design's up to scratch, even bonus unlockable team is good running, as small as the contribution might be ^^

Not sure how you're handling bonus team backstory, or if you're fore-going it for the sake of simplicity.
    I noticed Wyvern's UK origins, so I'm wondering if I need to reconsider the backstory for this bonus team completely or just ask suggestions on how to adjust it... or it could strengthen an in-nation rivalry between the Wyvern core team and the lowly Caliburn, what with the symbology of dragon vs knight
    Either way, I admit my stat concept could do with a rethink too to avoid dupes/near-dupes, there's a few low handling/high speed teams already in play.

Looks really good. Could you do a video of actually pitching back ( without moving) and pitching forward as well? I didn't really see any pitching in the video.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Here you go!
    The walls are also no longer invisible 90 degree walls, meaning pitching up will now give you a bit more space on the track,

Last edited by bigsnake; 2nd November 2015 at 02:16 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Once again, I'm really loving the fact that your PS1 era design is that of WipEout 3, my favourite of the PS1 games!

I started Diavolt's ship

http://i.imgur.com/vLXdbhe.jpg
    The color scheme isn't final btw.
    Last edited by Xpand; 4th November 2015 at 05:40 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

That should be like a 2nd skin or something, it just fits!

http://i.imgur.com/pAQvXRH.jpg
    Ended up with jungle green camo pattern. Might try snow camo since it's a russian team.

White camo:

http://i.imgur.com/AdRc8MW.jpg
    Last edited by Xpand; 4th November 2015 at 05:34 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

The green one screams Triakis, but I love the second version!

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

I agree with Meg.A.byte! The second one is excellent!

Yeah I like the second one as well. I'm just waiting on bigsnake to speak his mind.

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

Ok, so I'm just about done with the modelling as far as I can see, but I can't figure out applying textures in Blender for the life of me. I'll keep trying but just in case I don't get anywhere soon, I might link it here in a dropbox storage website or something along with some concepts.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Great. My finals are done. Still sh*t scores though, 34% in Calculus and 33% in Chinese. But hey, I had English, Physics and Malay to save me.

Basically, I will be having a lot of free time, I'm going to draw some ship "blueprints" (as I can't model even tho I'd installed Autodesk 3DS 2015 and Blender) and most definitely going to help out AGGamer on the story.

To be honest, the whole outline, the purpose and potential conflicts is just lacking. We don't a reason or we don't have something/someone to care and root for, it needs like, a key event to why there is some action goin' on.
    For instance, the first game has Auricom and Qirex in a rather believable Anti-gravity Race mirroring the Space Race in the 60s, also the Fall of F9000, serving as a one-hand reminder of what a cynical ploy the FIA F1 can get, while not necessary will. Thankfully.

I always love a great story, and I just can't help feeling salty becuse of, idk. So I'm leaving one question to start out the storywriting, so we can agree on each other. Good luck!

Why is the league started? What was there that'll worth fighting for?
    Last edited by TheXTR09; 5th November 2015 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Formatting. Goddamit touch keyboards

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LevitatingFatMan/LsDre86

well 33% in chinese is still impressive l think

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Quote Originally Posted by TheXTR09 View Post
    Why is the league started? What was there that'll worth fighting for?
    I see what you're saying. But remember, WipEout never had a grand story to tell. Most of the conflict took place outside the races and the races only really serve to make each other look bad. Trust me, I've been messing around with this for a good year (trying to write a fanfic) and there's not really anything in wipEout's lore that suggests whoever wins has a huge effect on the world around them, nor is it very easy to make up a reason that fits. Same thing here, Team Omnicom and Diavolt merely represent the USA and Russia, the real conflict is between the nations themselves and this is going on outside the races.

Anyways, I'll answer your question as best I can. The league was started by Omnicom, the team from the USA. They wanted to spread NG-technology to the USA's allies in the EU and Japan to reinforce them against Russia. The league encourages them to improve and better their technology, it's a competition to see who can make the most advanced speed and weapons tech along side Negative-Gravity. This is one reason why Omnicom didn't want the Russian team Diavolt competing: They are the enemy in this arms race.

Basically, the main conflict is happening outside the races, an arms race. The league is just a way for everyone to 'show-off' what they've accomplished to each other. But if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them! I'll throw together a new outline as things change. Remember this is just a proposal for what the backstory could be, a basic outline. I think have characters (pilots) would be a great way of adding tension. Problem is I'm bad at naming people.
    Last edited by AGgamer; 5th November 2015 at 07:05 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

@AGGamer

So what we have here is Space Race Redux? I like this idea. How about we write this just like a Cold War drama? Espionage for rivaling teams' advancements, sketchy new tech, it'll be like WipEout: Black Ops.

It doesn't need to be grand or rounded, just needs to be enough to feel like a chapter of An Average Day in Earth.
    Last edited by TheXTR09; 5th November 2015 at 08:09 PM.

Looks great!

Timezone
    GMT -3

I'm really liking the game, it emulates almost well the classic wipeout.
    Just something that I noticed, is that the ship doesn't "float", when you push up the nose, it just falls anyway, and please, remember to put a joystick deadzone. it's too horrible to play with my controller, because the joystick is busted(it's loose).

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

AGGamer, do I have you on skype?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42