Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic NG - Wipeout fan project

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Thanks for the feedback

You're definitely right about the first turn, it is possible to come out correctly but it's extremely difficult and requires way too much practice. I need to make some adjustments overall to the track to make it flow better so loosening up that turn a bit will be one of the first changes. The darkness will be sorted out as the environment comes along, as AGgamer mentioned above it's based in New York so there's going to be loads of sources of lights. For the results screen, at the moment you need to use the mouse, I need to make the restart race button selected when the results first opens so you can navigate it with the keyboard/gamepad.

Here's an idea of the track's lighting when it's lit more:

Just as side note to that, the PS1 style in the 0.04 preview is being moved to prototype tracks, I'm going to be continuing with modern visuals for the normal parts of the game. The decision is based on mixed feedback so I'm going half way with it.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

I thought it was cool that you would be replicating the PS1 visuals, but honestly graphics don't really matter to me. I'm just as excited about modern visuals and everyone else should receive them well. Loving that environment so far!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Ok, count me in for next version
    I hope my laptop will be able to run with enhanced graphics

Timezone
    GMT + 8

I can't argue with the PS1 graphics. They really look killer, accurately pixelated even.

And yes, I can't race anything above Rapier on Wo3, and I really hope to see unlimited laps and changable speed classes in the next update.

I like the backstory of the teams, it can definitely do better. And I was thinking, would Katagura be good for G-Tek's name, as in Katagura G-tech?

BONUS EDIT
    To heck with it I got teams to share.

Velocity Inc.
    Name of origin: Cheeky rendition of BOOM Co.
    Country of origin: USA
    Livery: (from most to least) Black, yellow, sky blue
    Story:
    Founded in 2112 , Simon Harris and Jose Fernandez sees starting a NG racing team as an oppoturnity for fame and fortune. With experience on drag racing, specifically its aerodynanics, Velocity Inc. tends to have their ships ridiculously fast and incredibily cosmic (in acceleration. its something we NFS: World players say for strong nitrous) with its weakness in corners. Early on the lead and struggles mid-way, Velocity Inc. ships are never for the faint-hearted.

I'm still working a script for Rainbow Motor Factories. Anyone with enough experience on the internet should know what I'm implying. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Last edited by TheXTR09; 18th August 2015 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Extra content

Zweigart Ltd.
    Name of origin: Zwei-German for two "Gart" the company was founded by Franz Gartrich and Heinz Gartrich
    Country of origin: Germany
    Livery: dark purple, grey, petty blue
    History: Founded in 2144 by the Gartrich brothers, they strived to not only have the best defense technology in the sport, but also the fastest machines in terms of top speed. However, this comes at the disadvantage of having slow acceleration and dismal cornering.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hello, I'm sorry for late response, I've read that few days ago, but I was busy for past days.
    I want to respond to AGgamer (and Bigsnake): To be honest, the Russia is probably my least favourite country (perhaps followed by China and North Korea) so I would be happy if Hyperion wasn't part of it. As I wrote my backstory few pages back (page 14), Hyperion could be from Iceland but even Greece is possible. But if you want to stick to the eastern countries I recommend Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

So, wait, can we post ideas for teams as well as tracks?

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

That's fine, Meg.A.Byte. Any team can fill the role pf Russia's representative in the game. It's simply a matter of replacing the name "Hyperion" with whatever our new Russian team will be. If you don't want Hyperion to be that, then we can get something else to fill in the blanks.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post
    So, wait, can we post ideas for teams as well as tracks?
    You can share anything you like, but share them on here instead of on the thread otherwise it will fairly quickly get lost. I've also added the link to this page on the original post under the "For people helping" section.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Awesome, thanks!

Should I repost the idea for Omega Harbour there, or is that all right?

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Awesome, thanks!

Should I repost the idea for Omega Harbour there, or is that all right?

You got a post number for it? It might be worth adding it just for ease of access in the future

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

It's here, but I'll also add it to the wiki, just for the ease of access.

EDIT: Omega Harbour has now been added to the Backstory planning page of the wiki.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 23rd August 2015 at 09:19 AM.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

It's here, but I'll also add it to the wiki, just for the ease of access.

EDIT: Omega Harbour has now been added to the Backstory planning page of the wiki.
    Cheers! They're on the todo list, will get round to making them at some point

As it's Wipeout's 20th anniversary coming up I'm working on an anniversary build. This isn't going to be 0.04, that version will be coming much later after this as there is a lot I want to get done. The focus of this build is Silverstream, video of the progress on it below. I'm aiming to release it on 29/09/15, I can't promise that being the actual release date though due to the amount I still have to do (redoing menus, making the environment for silverstream, setting up ships, etc).

Timezone
    GMT -5

Geez, I may actually like this version of Silverstream!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post
    Cheers! They're on the todo list, will get round to making them at some point
    Awesome! Looking forward to it!

Also, I'm loving the Wip3out-esque thrust thingy coming from the ship in that vid

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Wow!, that video is different and alot smoother than the original version!

You have certainly made a great job of it!

stevie

There are so many things that I like in this design that I cannot mention them all. Impressive work so far. Keep up the good work!

Fantastic!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Oh, why did you change the texture for the ground in version 0.2? Yeah ok, it's more like original... but I like a lot 0.1 texture.
    Also, I prefer the first ship, top left.
    Yes I know, again less close to WO... but hey, your game, not a copy of an old one

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Okay, here's a little more to work with as far as teams are concerned:

Omnicom
    Motto: “All Together.”
    Colours: Navy, white, hot-yellow (almost orange)
    Chassis: double-nose
    Nation of origin: USA

Diavolt
    Motto: “From Above And Below.”
    Colours: Violet-red
    Chassis: Double-nose
    Nation of origin: Russia
    Notes: Diavolt will serve as the Russian team for the NGRL, the team that was initially rejected due to the tensions between the USA and Russia. Their name is a fusion of 'Diablo' and 'Volt.'

Barracuda (Locked team)
    Motto: N/A
    Colours: Yellow, white
    Chassis: Single-nose
    Nation of origin: Unknown
    Background: Eerily, the mysterious team known as Barracuda entered the league with NG-technology of their own. Omnicom did not provide them with the tech, and Diavolt adamantly denies supplying it. Their base of operations is unknown, and their pilots don’t seem to know anything about their own team other than its elitist attitude when recruiting. When Barracuda asked to enter the league, Omnicom did not turn them down, desiring a chance to learn more about this bizarre entity.

G-Tek's motto will be "Uplifting!"
    Wyvern's motto will be "We Are Legend."