Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic NG - Wipeout fan project

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post
    I was working on the layout the other day, forgot to post it here Just a note for anyone else who wants to share a track idea in the future, if you've got the layout in your head please don't explain it and not provide an image because it's just confusing. Everyone has access to some form of image editing software, be it MSPaint, Gimp or Paint .NET if you are looking at free software. All it has to be is a line and maybe some labels around the side explaining.
    Okay, sorry. I'll draw it next time.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what I explained. I know it's like a cave painting to say the least, but hey, my motto is IT WILL DO Attachment 9601
    Last edited by PureSpeed7; 22nd July 2015 at 02:00 PM.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

That attachment doesn't seem to be working

Before I continue development with BallisticNG I want to make the track editor for it. This will make developing tracks easier, it will have an OBJ exporter which means tracks you create can be exported out for importing into modeling software. It's a separate application to the game so I'll be putting up a download for it when the first working version is finished. Here's what the UI looks like so far

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

From Faster Than Angels, I present: Omega Harbour.

OmegaHarbourA.png

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post

OmegaHarbourA.png

As great as the track layout is, I don't think Ballistic NG features the Mag-Strip technology.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Original idea, I like it. Instead of doing multiple laps on one track, a very long one
    BTW that would give extreme time trial lap results...

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

OmegaHarbourA.png

Awesome But yeah as Rovenami said, BallisticNG won't have magstrips, that's not much of a problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by miljoneir View Post
    Original idea, I like it. Instead of doing multiple laps on one track, a very long one
    BTW that would give extreme time trial lap results...
    Imagine the ghost file size too.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I guess I could post the other version I have that bypasses the Mag-Strip section, since there isn't really much of it, but I'll do that when I get back on my computer.

EDIT: Here it is:
    9OH-BNG.png
    Last edited by Ace3000; 28th July 2015 at 06:30 AM.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

I guess I could post the other version I have that bypasses the Mag-Strip section, since there isn't really much of it, but I'll do that when I get back on my computer.

EDIT: Here it is:
    9OH-BNG.png
    Sweet, thanks for the design I talked to Johnny not to long ago about having a central place for sharing ideas so they don't get lost on this thread, I created a wiki for the game a little while ago so in the future it looks like that could be a good place.

Progress on the track editor:

And if you want to test it out so far, and a hotkey reference

Have you thought about making that track from hackers? ( minus the guns). Would be pretty cool to,see

I tried downloading but it just says when I click on it 'There should be Ballistic_NG Data next to the executable'
    Please help !!!

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Quote Originally Posted by NeroIcaras View Post
    I tried downloading but it just says when I click on it 'There should be Ballistic_NG Data next to the executable'
    Please help !!!
    I take it you've extracted it out of the zip file? If so you need to extract both the exe and the folder for the game to work, the folder should be the same name as the exe with _Data at the end, so in this case it should be called "BallisticNG_Data"

PSN ID
    Princess_Lunah

I'll try it out =3

Sorry to keep bothering you but I extracted it and it says 'Unable to load mono library'

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

I just looked it up for you, try installing C++ redistributable 2010. If that fails, apparently it can be possible for some anti-viruses to see mono.dll as a threat (BallisticNG_Data/Mono/mono.dll), check to make sure that dll is in the Mono folder. Unfortunately I don't have any control over this, it's a problem with Unity itself.

Thank you, looking forward to playing!

- - - Updated - - -

Just 1 thing: how do I pull out the track file for GARE D'EUROPA?

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Quote Originally Posted by NeroIcaras View Post
    Thank you, looking forward to playing!

- - - Updated - - -

Just 1 thing: how do I pull out the track file for GARE D'EUROPA?
    Just between you and me (sorta), go download Wipeout XL ISO image file for PC, get an ISO reader or simply MagicISO, and find the "TRACKS" folder found somwhere and extract it in c/documents/ballisticng. Don't have the file? Just create a new folder called "BallisticNG".

Ta. There ya go.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Ballistic NG backstory continued:

Teams:

Automni Inc. (not final name, Omniware also suggested)
    Name origin: Automobile + Omnipotent
    Country of origin: United States of America
    Liverty: Navy, Purple, White
    History: Originally a secret project founded by the US government, consisting of a few dozen elite scientists and officials, Automni grew into a fully fledged NGRL racing team in 2051 after the Russian announcement of new Negative-Gravity technology. Automni spread its NG tech to nations around the world, encouraging them to join in the NGRL. The Russians, un-invited to the party, fashioned the Hyperion team regardless, and have since forged a rivalry as deep as the two superpowers themselves.

Hyperion
    Name origin: Greek mythology, titan child of Gaia.
    Country of origin: Russian Federation
    Liverty: Orange, Black
    History: Once the Americans began organizing the NGRL for 2059, the Russians refused to let their rivals shut them out of the dawn of a new sport. The team Hyperion was formed and trained to the elite, using the very best NG technology the Russian military could provide. When they were initially shut out from entering the racing league the Russian government was furious, sparking a massive controversy that lasted for over eight months. Eventually Hyperion was allowed to race, but not without some salt.

G-Tek
    Name origin: Gravity + Technology
    Country of origin: Japan
    Liverty: Red, White
    History: Japan was one of the first nations to receive Automni’s special treatment in NG technology. While many factories began producing the new tech for its nation, G-Tek was the only one to prepare a NGRL team. They race based on the belief that the NGRL will lead to friendly competition and hence the peaceful advancement of mankind. With Luna, the Russian moon base finally given international visiting privileges thanks to the demand to build a NGRL circuit there, G-tek has good reason to believe that the races will ease the tensions between the powerful nations and is honored to participate in it.

Locations:

Aciknovae: The circuit is built around the world’s first cold fusion reactor. With three completely blind 90’ airborne turns, Aciknovae is not to be taken lightly. The neon of New York city keeps the outdoor segments lit well enough, but the dark tunnel segments are not so lucky.

Luna: With the arms race once again ignited between the USA and Russia, the space race too resumed where it left off. This time the target was a moon base, and this time Russia claimed victory. Originally they only allowed Russian astronauts into the space known as the “Luna” base. But when Russia, along with the Hyperion team, pressured the NGRL to build a circuit at the base in exchange for open access, it was a deal the Americans could not pass up. Not believing it possible for the US to accomplish, Russia was very surprised when the circuit was actually built and open for races in 2159.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Awesome We'll have to see what Meg. A. Byte thinks about Hyperion fitting into the story though, I'd imagine he has his own ideas for them.

I've just uploaded an early preview of 0.04, you can get it here, there's also the downloads link on the OP.
    I also added a link to the wiki on the OP, I just created a page for people to dump ideas on so they don't get lost over time on this thread, here's that page.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

We don't have to use Hyperion if you don't want to. Any team hailing from Russia is fine.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Hello Bigsnake.

I've tried every preview of the game so I couldn't miss this one.
    Good points :
    - some menus have arrived;
    - the handling is almost perfect (didn't try pitching I admit).

Bad points :
    - tracks too hard and too narrow. I'm not the best Wiper in the world, but I've played a lot to all of them but fusion... and I find the track more frustrating than enjoyable. The first "Manortop-like" little jump is almost impossible to take correctly, the others just break the speed (and I fall almost each time). Just my feeling, but I don't like the tracks designs. Ok tracks were really too wide in 2048, but if you aim for a fast game and with some other ships on the track... dude it's unplayable!
    - track too dark.
    - maybe just a feeling, but feels slower that first beta.
    - the 'ending race' menu doesn't allow me to restart, I have to kill the game after each race.

My favorite one is still the first beta.

Again, this is just my feeling, if I'm the only one thinking like this, don't take it into consideration