Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic NG - Wipeout fan project

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post
    WiiU Release - once Unity 5 gets native WiiU support, only once the final game is released
    Wait... Wii U release? Really!? I'd buy the outta that!

Also what does "NG" stand for? is it "No Gravity"?

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Hopefully, providing you won't need a WiiU devkit to get it on the WiiU I'll get it on there

NG is for Negative-Gravity, then ballistic is because the game will have a focus on weapons as well as straight up racing.

I thought the Ballistic part was to do with the projectile trajectory since ballistics studies the trajectory of objects affected by gravity, not weapons! Haha
    (hence why the first Wipeout had Ballistic Anti-Gravity Racing as its name, because the ships are still affected by gravity, on jumps and such)
    But bullets and missiles are ballistic objects so I guess you can relate it to weapons through that.
    Last edited by Xpand; 27th May 2015 at 02:56 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

So, we're talking about the game's title huh?

I had been suggesting Relapse for quite a long time, as it's a homage to Wipeout's original meaning: A wipe out from ecstasy intake. The "relapse" part is where we feel the need for another wipeout [game].

Cheeky, I know. It's like the Circle of Taking Drugs. nvr do druqs kidz

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Quote Originally Posted by TheXTR09 View Post
    I had been suggesting Relapse for quite a long time, as it's a homage to Wipeout's original meaning: A wipe out from ecstasy intake. The "relapse" part is where we feel the need for another wipeout [game].
    That's brilliant. You're brilliant. That perfectly defines the WipEout community right now while being "cheeky" about it. I think it would make a great title.

Timezone
    GMT -6

uh I know it's early but I have a feature request.

I saw in the later games (pure, pulse, and HD) that the tracks lost their extreme features. Features I would like to see are BIG JUMPS, Loops, Corkscrews, Wall-rides, big drops, big climbs, flips and other stuff that I couldn't think of.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Quote Originally Posted by PureSpeed7 View Post
    uh I know it's early but I have a feature request.se

I saw in the later games (pure, pulse, and HD) that the tracks lost their extreme features. Features I would like to see are BIG JUMPS, Loops, Corkscrews, Wall-rides, big drops, big climbs, flips and other stuff that I couldn't think of.
    Big jumps? Definitely. Cockscrews? Of course. Flips and anythng else not mentioned that's awesome? Comes as standard. Loops? Hmm....

The physics now is quite strict in terms of track-to-ship relationship. Loops might not work here, Snake doesn't have Magstrips in the remake in mind.

Magstrips would wreck the feel of the old physics. Massive jumps absolutely, needed pitch control on multiple bumps in a row would also be very welcome. Bouncy ships like wo1 Would be great too, but maybe a little less

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Been playing the demo and it's pretty good ... but it's way too fast to enjoy the game itself

Do you think you can implement some Vector or Venom class ?

thanks !

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

I have a thought. How about the entire soundtrack is named after drugs. So far you have "Crystal Method" you could have the other songs have drug puns like "Acid Tripper" or something. XD

Timezone
    GMT + 8

The entirely of the first game was based on drugs to lure some pillmunchers to play the game. I thought it can even expand to the zone modes like Ecstacy for classic zone, Speed for a Voxel Rush-style endless, and Lysergine (LSD) for a wierd, Ace Combat-like asteroid -dodging simulator. A special one call Crystal/Morphine for a frustratingly-hardcore race series based on Fusion and F-Zero race tracks.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Sorry for the late response, been busy.

Quote Originally Posted by PureSpeed7 View Post
    uh I know it's early but I have a feature request.

That's the plan, you can't have a classic Wipeout game with flat tracks Anything that involves going upside down is ruled out though, there's no maglocks so the ship can only hover over surfaces that are facing upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by aybe View Post
    Been playing the demo and it's pretty good ... but it's way too fast to enjoy the game itself

Do you think you can implement some Vector or Venom class ?

thanks !
    There's already a venom class, you can use 1-4 in-game at the moment to switch between the different speed classes.

Quote Originally Posted by AGgamer View Post
    I have a thought. How about the entire soundtrack is named after drugs. So far you have "Crystal Method" you could have the other songs have drug puns like "Acid Tripper" or something. XD
    That's the idea "Joint Place" could be a potential name for a new song.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

I don’t know how much of a contribution this is but I just wanted to share my ideas.
    Speed class titles

Spark (D class /aka Vector) 550km h
    Toxic (C class /aka Venom) 650 km h
    Apex (B class /aka Flash) 750 km h (highest class for 2059 campaign)
    Halberd (A class /aka Rapier) 850 km h (highest class for 2109 campaign)
    Spector (A+ class /aka Phantom) 950 km h (highest class for 2159 campaign)

Ecstasy (aka Zone)
    Proto-Spector (Sub-Phantom
    Spector
    High-Spector (Super-Phantom)
    Trip (Zen)
    Etc.

Here’s some gameplay of TxK for some visual inspiration for zone mode. "A game that could probably be considered as a legal drug."

Just some Ideas to help you out maybe? Also could I possibly help with ideas for track layouts?

Timezone
    GMT + 8

TxK looks sick, but I think Hotline Miami is for more addictive. To git gud you have to shoot and punch with the beat without even thinking if that Russian dude have kids to take care of. Or thinking in general.

Speaking of which, BnG needs a soundtrack completely different from today's electro music[, so it'll become a brown note that really sets players going with the soundtrack].
    All those repetitive kicks, same old wubs, boring beeps and honks...modern EDM is no place for something like that. It has to have some 70s~90s electronica, with analog synths and acoustic-sounding drums, almost full-Aphex Twin. E.g. Snake's Cyborg or anything by Scattle could qualify. Conzio's Arcordia (?) and Retro Techno gets away with it as it sticks close to older vibes.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post
    There's already a venom class, you can use 1-4 in-game at the moment to switch between the different speed classes.
    Thank you !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

I'm a not a big fan of "too many classes".
    I like 3 classes : venom, rapier and phantom, but really fast

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

I don’t know how much of a contribution this is but I just wanted to share my ideas.
    Speed class titles

Spark (D class /aka Vector) 550km h
    Toxic (C class /aka Venom) 650 km h
    Apex (B class /aka Flash) 750 km h (highest class for 2059 campaign)
    Halberd (A class /aka Rapier) 850 km h (highest class for 2109 campaign)
    Spector (A+ class /aka Phantom) 950 km h (highest class for 2159 campaign)

Ecstasy (aka Zone)
    Proto-Spector (Sub-Phantom
    Spector
    High-Spector (Super-Phantom)
    Trip (Zen)
    Etc.
    Just some Ideas to help you out maybe? Also could I possibly help with ideas for track layouts?
    I like it I'll be sure to include some of those names for sure. And yeah, if you want to help with track layouts then feel free to send some designs over. I'll most likely turn them into a track, even if they have to be provided separately from the main game

For a bit of news, I'm currently helping with SlipstreamGX so I'm a bit behind on development with BallisticNG. I'm going to be helping with SlipstreamGX for a while, that being said I'm still working on BallisticNG on the side so it's not completely dead for the time being. When I get back to working on it full time again I'm going to be making a lot of changes to the physics to really make it feel like the older Wipeout games, I also need to redo the steering since at the moment steering with an analog stick is pretty bad. I'll keep this thread updated as usual with what's going on, it'll be a few weeks until anything major happens though.

Personally speaking, I would have brought in racing on other planets. (Or at least the moons of the outer rim planets).

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Ballistic NG backstory:

With tensions between the USA and Russia resurfacing after being dormant for decades, the two superpowers returned to their scramble for superior technology over the other. One of the many new concepts devised was the idea of “Negative-Gravitation.” a physics effect that essentially allows for completely stealthy and perfect 3-dimensional control of aircraft. Another was Ion-Based Repulsion, which created an energy field around craft, protecting them from harm.

Both the USA and Russia experimented excessively with the new technology, Negative-gravity aircraft spotted around the world and mistaken for UFO sightings. Under the cover of the world’s rallied excitement for First Contact, the superpowers continued testing in secret. Until the one fateful day of the year 2051, the Russian government announced the technology to it’s people, claiming supremacy over the USA. Scared of falling behind, America too developed consumer brand Negative-Gravity craft.

The Americans did not stop there, they went as far as to organize the Negative-Gravity Racing League (NGRL). The first races scheduled to be held in 2059. While the world was disappointed at the lost possibility of ET, they flocked to the new technology with great enthusiasm. Several teams arouse thanks to the shared technology from the USA.

The Russians too developed their very own elitist “Hyperion” team to participate. However, the Americans were very reluctant to allow Russian blood in their new sport, fearing the competition would lead to increased tensions. This fear worked against them, after a massive controversy, the Hyperion team was allowed to race, but not before increasing the tension between the two nations even further.

The race is on! The NGRL is here!

Locations:

Project Utah - Originally a top-secret testing track for ground based Negative-Gravity. The American government re-purposed this location into an official NGRL circuit shortly after the sport was announced.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Quote Originally Posted by Rovenami View Post
    Personally speaking, I would have brought in racing on other planets. (Or at least the moons of the outer rim planets).
    I uploaded a video of a track I started working on a space station, that so far has had negative reception. I will do at least 1 track on another planet though, there will be people who say it's a bad a idea but that's just ruining the fun of making a game set in the future.

Ballistic NG backstory:

With tensions between the USA and Russia resurfacing after being dormant for decades, the two superpowers returned to their scramble for superior technology over the other. One of the many new concepts devised was the idea of “Negative-Gravitation.” a physics effect that essentially allows for completely stealthy and perfect 3-dimensional control of aircraft. Another was Ion-Based Repulsion, which created an energy field around craft, protecting them from harm.

Both the USA and Russia experimented excessively with the new technology, Negative-gravity aircraft spotted around the world and mistaken for UFO sightings. Under the cover of the world’s rallied excitement for First Contact, the superpowers continued testing in secret. Until the one fateful day of the year 2051, the Russian government announced the technology to it’s people, claiming supremacy over the USA. Scared of falling behind, America too developed consumer brand Negative-Gravity craft.

The Americans did not stop there, they went as far as to organize the Negative-Gravity Racing League (NGRL). The first races scheduled to be held in 2059. While the world was disappointed at the lost possibility of ET, they flocked to the new technology with great enthusiasm. Several teams arouse thanks to the shared technology from the USA.

The Russians too developed their very own elitist “Hyperion” team to participate. However, the Americans were very reluctant to allow Russian blood in their new sport, fearing the competition would lead to increased tensions. This fear worked against them, after a massive controversy, the Hyperion team was allowed to race, but not before increasing the tension between the two nations even further.

The race is on! The NGRL is here!

Locations:

Project Utah - Originally a top-secret testing track for ground based Negative-Gravity. The American government re-purposed this location into an official NGRL circuit shortly after the sport was announced.
    I like that, it fits the theme of the game well! I'm still holding back on developing a concrete story for the game though until there are enough teams to start shaping the story around.