Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Thread: Ballistic NG - Wipeout fan project

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Thanks for the donation! Glad you're enjoying the game

A while ago the DLC system the game used for the anniversary pack was broken, not entirely sure why but an update to Unity caused it. To save the hassle the tracks were just implemented into the game normally, you can find them in the others section on the menu.

Neognosis really nailed the feeling of the old trilogy, great game! and thanks!

Im sure it will be getting more polished and tweaked as it nears the 1.0 version, but for an 0.8 stage it has the soul of the gameplay there.

Having it open to modding was great, i have dl all the classic ship mods, thanks to the modders too for those nice ships (finally, i could race the ships that are in the cover of the 3600 league!)

I have a few questions and suggestions, but i need to catch up reading about the game and the forums before i do that, and i will definitely be playing and following it.

Donating was an easy decision!.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I unfortunately haven't touched BNG since like 0.7, when a full grid of AIs still caused slideshow mode to happen on my system, which is no real potato, mind you. If that issue has been fixed in 0.8 or 0.8.2, then I may jump back in to it again.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 10th July 2017 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Never mind, seems like it is going 0.9 > 1.0. My bad.

Seems to run fine, i wanted to comment on that too:

I stopped playing XL because i got an LCD and the CRT tv was being used by my grandffather, well, quite a few years back, but the lag on old lcd tvs were brutal, specially when you are used to play on a crt fast and twitchy on phantom, and my timing was completely thrown off.

I always told myself to get another CRT tv but that never happened.

Now i can play BNG at 144fps on a 144hz monitor (havent tested if its really reaching that number but it seems to flow fast), without input lag problems and its lovely, its something that wasnt possible before even with emulators because of how the games synched with the framerate.

I also found out a way to set up my razer sabretooth controller (xbox360-pc) to play as close to controllable as i remember my negcon (I know, i know, heresy!!), it involves steering with the analog triggers

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

It's that my laptop underclocks the CPU for various reasons, yet it won't speed up when I'm playing BNG.

The very interesting thing is, I'm able to run other games with similar or higher system requirements just fine, meaning that the system can and will speed up the CPU, just for some reason not this game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I'm in awe with the game feel so far.
    For me it's a dream come true so donation/patreon was a no brainer.
    Finally we can get free from the hardware restrictions imposed by consoles and enjoy the openness and unlimited potential our PC's could bring.

Thanks to the passionate and skillfull members of the community who nailed some of the key the elements the old Wipeouts are praised for.

Timezone
    GMT -5

This game is a dream come true.

PSN ID
    skythian

Really enjoying this game. Is there still a way to get into the beta or dev branches? Tried the code in the first post but it no longer works and I don't have a beta option in steam...

Timezone
    GMT -5

These beta branches are now defunct. The game is currently on version 0.9.4 on the public branch and this is the only available branch to those who are not testers. Fear not, however. BallisticNG will be releasing on the 20th of December 2018 as update 1.0.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Hey guys, where could I go to support this? I still dont have a gaming PC or the time really to play much these days but I'd love to support a project such as this. Just out of pure admiration.

PSN ID
    Dank-Slaier

You could buy it on steam and/or join the community discord!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

can i play it with my i3-7100, onboard graphics, 8gb ram, win10? if yes, i'll make a steam account just for this game alone xD

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Do you know what the onboard graphics chip is? Likelyhood is you'll be able to play the game but depending on the onboard graphics you'll likely be capped at 30fps if you turn the resolution down. I have a laptop with similar specs running an Intel HD 3000 chip which just about scrapes 30 on the less demanding tracks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

intel hd 630

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

You should be able to run it but with frame drops. I can't give precise numbers but with my laptops HD 3000 chip just scraping 30 I imagine the HD 630 will get you a stable 30fps.

There's a demo in development but it's unfortunately nowhere near ready at the moment since it needs to be updated with many under the hood changes the latest releases currently have. Steam has a refund policy so if you created an account and bought the game to find out it's not playable, you can refund it as long as your tracked playtime is under 2 hours and is refunded within 14 days.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

thx 4 your fast response, i'll gladly support your efforts with a easy paid 6.59€, that's the price here in GER. i'll upgrade my rig with a dedicated graphics unit some time in the future, 60fps here i come xD

edit: it's very playable, with slowdowns here and there. dropping the resolution should make it more stable, right?

edit2: very impressive stuff! im 2hours into the game right now, and i love it so far! will buy a graphics card just for this game, lol. the game recognizes the Logitech G29, but i cannot use it for some reason. it doesn't allow me to bind the steering wheel to the left stick controls...but DS4 will do for the time being another question, how can i import the tracks from my wipeout original discs?

edit3: this game gets better and better the longer i play it 20hours into it right now, and i have to say it's THE must have game for every speed junky! speedlap ZEN with model b on overpass is faster than zone mode!!!! 1500+!!!!! faster than F-Zero, with wipEout physics AND sonic boom effect like extreme g! you cannot ask for more
    i'll go to make alot of tracks when i start to understand the trackeditor. nordschleife 2280 will be one of them
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 19th February 2019 at 03:52 PM.

PSN ID
    Dank-Slaier

When's BallisticNG getting a Pizza Hut?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kabelsalat View Post
    When's BallisticNG getting a Pizza Hut?
    Pizza Hut will be exclusive on the Switch release.