Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Ballistic NG - Wipeout fan project

nu9get Guest

that's really cool

Timezone
    GMT -6

So, I took a look and noted that "Using WipEout Ships" instructions didn't mention WipEout 64 or the 2097 Weird Ships.

Also, could libopenmpt be implemented in later revisions?

WO64 aren't supported (different poly types in the PRM format), but they're the same except Pirhana, which is in the Workshop so there's no point.
    The WO2097 Weird Ships are in a different set of files entirely if I'm not mistaken and are also not loadable into the game (we don't actively search for that container).

Timezone
    GMT -6

Is there a way convert track/sound data, though? With an update to the code base, it might be possible to experience the sequenced music and the Velocitar track with BallisticNG ships, especially since the entirety of WipEout 64 is only 8 megabytes (which really surprised me, given the size of some N64 games and the data tracks of the other PS1 WipEout games, I expected it to be at least 32 megabytes)

Just yesterday, I actually introduced Wolfgun to BallisticNG, so that'll be cool.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    Is there a way convert track/sound data, though?
    Why not the easy way: make MP3s out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    WipEout 64 is only 8 megabytes
    The majority of the loading time was only for uncompressing the music. Given that I don't really want Ballistic NG to hassle with supporting both that format and that technique - it's already a nice thing to import anything at all.

@Xpand: I noticed the W3SE crafts being imported correctly, but not available for use (locked) in version 0.6. Also earlier when nothing has been imported I dared to click "down" on the craft selection screen, which then stuck up in empty rows, no matter where I clicked and how much I got back thru the menus - I had to quit the game. Seems to be a minor glitch.

PSN ID
    scalliano

I downloaded this via Steam last week and have been completely blown away by it. So much so that it is the reason I felt compelled to sign up to the forums so I could show my appreciation. One of the most phenomenal fangames I've ever come across and the mod support just makes it all the sweeter. Also, the first time I caught air and the BGM EQ filter kicked in had my jaw on the floor.

I kind of feel like I'm doing it an injustice by playing it on a HDTV, though

Can't wait for 0.7, keep up the good work!

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Thumbs up

After playing 0.6 a while for now (and advancing in campaigns) I love this game more and more! There are a few things worth mentioning:
    1. Using a USB adapter for plugging in Saturn/N64/PS2 game pads works great - I can play with a PS2 pad and assign all original keys (it's a non-original game pad with 4 additional keys - these are not recognized, but nobody needs them anyway). Windows 7x64 recognizes this USB device perfectly. Trying to use NegCon would require me to manually edit any configuration file for the game (which one and how?) as it interferes with navigating thru the menus already (constantly pressing "up").
    2. Yet I haven't grasped why each campaign starts with a race that is not the one then being the first and only to select from in the menu. Is there any background information I'm missing?
    3. Winning a platinum medal is not announced after the race - I guess just the sound sample is missing.
    4. Platinum medal isn't separated with a hyphen when selecting a race and looking at the details (while gold, silver and bronze are).
    5. When having a race against 1 AI opponent only there should be no silver medal that can be won, as not finishing 1st has no further meaning.
    6. Track "Luna" in "Survival" mode is too dark and the middle line on the track is missing as well (compare to i.e. one of the virtual/comic tracks).
    7. The forcewall weapon starts a bit too narrow for my taste.
    8. The missile weapon looks like it doesn't do that much damage - opponents seem to recover quite fast from it. Personal taste again.
    9. In camera mode (after the race) the light trail of the crafts can be seen more often than they should (i.e. craft is not visible, because hidden by the environment like a bridge or tunnel, but light trail still shows).
    10. When leaving one campaign and entering another the texts to the selection are not updated initially (still show what was selected from the previous campaign).
    11. The last selection of the craft should be remembered - currently I have to browse to it each race anew.
    12. Finally the quake weapon! THANKS ALOT!!
    13. The bombs have a bigger detonation radius than I expect them to have. If this is accurate to the original games then it's okay. Or maybe the explode too early (speak: my craft would hit them anyway, but it just happens too early, as if my craft's collision detection is just a rectangle of its maximum width and length).
    14. I really love the Spilskinanke/Manor Top like track interruptions - back in the originals, and here!
    15. Are your soundtracks extractable/downloadable? The music gets better and better with each release.
    16. I'm glad you keep at least two old versions of the tracks. If it's no big deal to you then just throw in the other old versions as well. Or am I able to import tracks from earlier versions?
    17. Once I managed to have a persistent bug: when starting a race (accelerating your craft) as soon as I hit the starting check point I loose all speed and shield decreases as well, leading to an elimination (after that the voice announces "low shield energy") - no matter which track. Restarting the game fixed it.
    These are all meant as informational - after all the 0.6 release is one I can easily enjoy for decades! Yes, that one late (Moa Therma like) track is slowing down my game to death as well, making it unplayable. Doesn't matter - I just won't touch it.
    Last edited by AmigoJack; 11th March 2017 at 10:41 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Some feedback - the ships tend to bounce off one wall into another wall like a pinball, this did not happen in Wipeout. In Wipeout if you hit a wall you would slow down with a thud, but not bounce into another wall. Intended as constructive feedback.

I believe that is the extra speed, or the acceleration of the ship after hitting, especially at ZEN, like the piranha the first few times you use it. Overall a great game

Timezone
    GMT + 1

After BallisticNG update 0.7.1 and 0.7.2 - i've spend many hours of playing and testing
    Results of things found I've posted on Steam in Bugs section. This post was edited to not make unnecessary mess
    Many thanks for the game, you doing a great job ! Keep it up
    Last edited by HusarDPL; 4th May 2017 at 02:49 PM.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Is there any way to add the Piranha II ship from WipEout 64 (from Steam workshop downloads) to the selection of 2097 ships? Those were what it raced against in WO64, after all. It'd just feel right.

Bonus points if it could be updated with a blue engine trail like the other 2097 ships.

Just a thought.

PSN ID
    scalliano

^ It would also be cool to have an "All Ships" category in Racebox mode, allowing vanilla/PS1/custom ships to race together.

Also, don't know if this has been reported already (apologies if it has), but it would appear that custom tracks can't be added to Tournament properly. I set up a Tournament featuring all the tracks in the game and once I got to the custom tracks it ended up loading Rainbow Road over and over again.

One other thing, more of a request - is there any chance that in a future update we could have the old Omega Harbour and Utah Project tracks added to the Vault? I love the new versions (especially Omega), but they were still fun tracks IMO.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Not sure if any of you have seen this yet, but the last bit is (to me) so damn funny, my abs hurt!

Someone used drag ships with Hyper Speed and 2280 Mode turned on. Hilarity ensues.

Skip to 1:45 if you really need a good laugh.

PSN ID
    Ziz528

Downloaded this yesterday, fantastic effort, love it. Just wondering if there was any chance of having an option to turn on 2280 physics for the campaign/the entire game? Being used to Pure, Pulse and HD/Fury, I prefer it more, just don't know if it's feasible?

Can someone explain to me how to download custom items? I had a couple items on my game, now they have disappeared and when I click on them, they do not download from steam.

First and foremost: The game HAS to be installed in the default Steam directory. A bug (probably related with Steam itself) prevents workshop items from showing up if the game is installed elsewhere.

Second: You subscribe to the workshop item on Steam and it should show up in the custom ship/track sections in the game.

Third: Steam needs to be activated (read online or not inhibited by some other program) otherwise Steam's DRM will just lock the workshop items out, if you haven't moved them into the game's folder manually.

Thanks, I got it going. There is a new bug if I select a ship with my negcon where it will not select a custom ship, but if I select with a keyboard, it's fine. I love the piranha 2, nice job! Great feeling, very much like the real NTSC game with a wheel or a negcon. 64 with a controller is too jittery, and the pal version doesn't really cut it. Here's a very old clip with a wheel https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hlIXAHkJDlA It's a bummer though piranha 2 doesn't have more acceleration, it's about a second behind barracuda per lap. I like the feel of it better. Regarding tracks, there is a guy who made "Bloody Hell" and "Bloody Hell 2". I cannot find the second one anywhere. Did he just replace the original. The video he made of 2 is quite a track

Hi Jabberjaw, thanks for the comment. I replaced the first version of Bloody Hell with the newer one as the old one was a horribly designed mess. If Steam is playing ball it should have updated it automatically otherwise you may need to dig the file out of your workshop folder and copy it over to *BNG dir*\User Data\My Tracks\

If you can't get it to work for any reason get in touch with me over steam (I don't check here very often) and I'll see what I can do.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=903322925

I got it up and running. The piranha 2 was incredibly fun on it, lots of flying

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Just set up 10 usd monthly donation

loving this game too much!

also the download link for 2097 anniversary pack is gone, what happend?