Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red:out

This game is worth every penny. Buy it on PC and then later on PS4.

Seriously though, it's a fantastic game. It's classic AG racing with its own style and identity.

I wasn't that hyped for the game before I bought it on a whim. I'm so glad I did.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Have they gotten proper FFB wheel support in the game yet?

Timezone
    GMT -10
    PSN ID
    Riamusama

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Violet View Post
    This game is worth every penny. Buy it on PC and then later on PS4.

Seriously though, it's a fantastic game. It's classic AG racing with its own style and identity.

I wasn't that hyped for the game before I bought it on a whim. I'm so glad I did.
    I just picked this one up (Steam Summer Sale has a 60% discount), along with the Neptune DLC. This game is fantastic!

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

Quote Originally Posted by Rasalom View Post
    I just picked this one up (Steam Summer Sale has a 60% discount), along with the Neptune DLC. This game is fantastic!
    One gripe I have with most AG racers is the focus on blistering straight line speed, instead of adding some technical aspects to the tracks, which I'm seeing here for the most part. What I do like about this title though is the "true flight" sections and the teleporter confusion, looks good. I doubt my PC could handle dem graphics right now, but I'll definitely give it a try one day

Timezone
    GMT -10
    PSN ID
    Riamusama

Quote Originally Posted by Thane Corrigan View Post
    One gripe I have with most AG racers is the focus on blistering straight line speed, instead of adding some technical aspects to the tracks, which I'm seeing here for the most part. What I do like about this title though is the "true flight" sections and the teleporter confusion, looks good. I doubt my PC could handle dem graphics right now, but I'll definitely give it a try one day
    Well, the Neptune Boss track isn't as technical as other tracks, but it has its other challenges... nailing all of those flights takes practice. I was exploding a few times on that track when I was first trying it.

There are more technical tracks :
    [/QUOTE]

But as for the straightaways, I quite like having a nice stretch to just get speed. It gives me a second to take of sip of my tasty adult beverage

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Just a mention, it comes to the Switch this month!

Timezone
    GMT -6

Yay. Another awesome game coming out for a console I don't have.

HD Rumble seems like it might enhance the experience quite a bit.

Timezone
    GMT -10
    PSN ID
    Riamusama

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    Yay. Another awesome game coming out for a console I don't have.

HD Rumble seems like it might enhance the experience quite a bit.
    It's also coming out on the PS4 & XBone next month. On PC, we have the Mars Pack DLC coming out in 2 days. This game is really good.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

If someone tried on a standard PS4, I'm interested with your feedback... because the framerate is far from great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPRjiVDpFpg

Even on PS4Pro it's not 60fps with multiplayer...

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

wow the Frame rate is terrible

im curious how many people play the online the online now.

Last edited by Racingfan; 1st September 2017 at 09:44 AM.

does anyone like this game? i thought the physics (sliding) looks pretty good. it looks like Quantum Redshift with worse tracks. they dont look very challenging, but I dont know what the hard tracks look like.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Yes, I do.
    And our friend Asa also does

I don't like the physics and the handling, they are better in WO... but the tracks man, they get crazier and crazier, that's by far the strength of the game! I have a lot of fun playing it.

Don't trust the quality of the encoding, the graphics are really nice, but here's a "boss" race, it means for each lap you have all the tracks of one environment chained, that makes a crazy long and fun race!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rGnPigMnTY

i bought it last weekend but havent played it yet.

update: Played it tonight a bit. the physics are decent, somewhat like Quantum Redshift, but not as responsive. The speed is there for sure, and the game is harder than I thought it would be. I hate the records for Time Trial being for a lap, and not the full race, though I have always hated that from Wipeout 64, Quantum Redshift and XGRA. I need to play more though to see how I really like it. There is pitch on the flats, though I am not sure if it does anything yet
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 20th September 2017 at 01:52 AM.