Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red:out

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Exclamation Red:out

Guys, has anyone ever heard of this?
    Track design is a bit uninspired and too simple compared to wipEout, but it's completely physics based and actually looks like it could feel floaty!
    Coming for Xbone, PC and PS4! Yay!

A few miles from Firestar. My adress is 1 Mars St. Mars, ZIP code 11111
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SuperHuman33

Spent the last 15 min trying to find the avgn video where he discribes kids s**ting their pants in excitement so much that they become rockets. Couldn't find it, so I'll just post "hyper" a lot.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Am I the only one who is not always exited by any new WipEout clone that want's to do things better that were already perfect?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SuperHuman33

It's more wipEout, that's usually a good idea. Do I need to post more hypers?

You do bring up a good point, though. Redout better be good.

PSN ID
    Marysh24

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Am I the only one who is not always exited by any new WipEout clone that want's to do things better that were already perfect?
    Still I agree with him!
    Now that WipeOut is over, now every other games linked to it are appearing in order to take the prize of them, and that's kinda for me more salt on the wounds xP

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SuperHuman33

I don't really get that feeling. Maybe it's because 'Merica doesn't appreciate the awesomeness odd wipEout like other countries, but I never seem to get annoyed by stealing a good idea (to an extent). For example, the only Bruno Mars song I like is locked out of heaven. I like it because it's a good "The Police" song.

I like that the ships are sliding, maybe resulting in turning before corners ala wipeout or quantum redshift. It looks like the tracks need far more difficult corners to make this physics model worth it. Also I didn't see any jumps or a feeling of floating, but the game is still early right?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Since it's out in September we don't have to wait long to see how it plays

nu9get Guest

i'm freaking : out for waiting this game, looks so cool & fast! crazy track designs and podracer-looking ships! just wow :O and it's proudly made by italian gaming devs located in Torino ^_^ so even better! i signed up for closed beta!

It's out on Steam on 2nd September http://store.steampowered.com/app/517710/

You can pre-order it cheaper on Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/redout

Other interesting future racers on Steam include:
    Bank Limit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/493500/
    Radial-G: http://store.steampowered.com/app/330770/

Timezone
    GMT -5

It's no Wipeout but the beta is good. Very good imo. The controls are a bit different than Wipeout but work well once you get used to them.

Launch trailer:
    Last edited by Tucknut.net; 25th August 2016 at 03:02 PM.

As a WipEout player I don’t know if I should feel offended or pleased to see this copy of the wip3out intro.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

This doesn't support many controllers except the Xbox ones, even with emulators.

It runs well on a GTX 670 but make sure you don't run out of VRAM otherwise there's a chance it will bluescreen on you. On a 2GB card like mine with everything maxed out, despite running well, this WILL happen.

The difficulty curve is unfortunately all over the place, with many events being relatively easy to complete with gold and others being very hard to do so.

I'm glad I tried it out, it's promising. But I'm not firmly buying until the critical issues are resolved.

EDIT: Oh and to add, the ships are never this close against you (like in the trailer). In fact it's highly recommended you avoid them if you're at similar speeds, because they will win out on collisions 80% of the time and flip you something between 25 to 180 degrees around. This game's version of the Disruption Beam of PurE I guess...
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 9th September 2016 at 09:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Do not buy this. At all. You will never find out that the game will not allow you to play on a 2GB card in under two hours. You have to reach the Volcano tracks to figure that out, and unless you're super fast at clearing campaign, you won't.

And when you do, this is what happens. Every time.

There are no resolution settings inside the game. Dropping the detail settings to the absolute lowest has no effect. I have tried playing this at 1280x720 in windowed mode through config editing and have ran out of memory. The minimum requirements are a GTX 560? What a ****ing joke.

k1m2bZ6.png

Yes. This is memory usage inside of the menus. I'll try a few last things but I doubt anything can solve this. In advance, thanks to CODEX for providing a "review" copy.

EDIT: Set up more page file and disabled Windows Resource Exhaustion Detection policy (Something only available in Windows 10 PRO, if you're on a lower edition you're SOL), it worked for the first Volcano track but doesn't for the second I encounter. I'm done. This game's system requirements are a huge lie, and when you find out it will be too late for a refund and the devs will have run off with your money.
    It's quite clear to me that there are huge issues with memory management. The game loads up and uses more than 1.5GB of VRAM on the menu, but complete a race and come back to the memory usage for the SAME menu being below 600MB. While loading a track, the game will spike up to 2GB (I can't measure more, after all) but then drop back down to 1.7GB once the loading is over. Drop down the detail levels for the various options and absolutely nothing changes with regards to this resource usage across time.
    An incompetent package served up with lies does not deserve your money. Too bad because the controls are actually decent. However you'll have to look elsewhere.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 11th September 2016 at 08:08 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

That's a programming error failing to delete textures (or other variables) after unbinding them, send it to the devs and they'll fix it.
    Last edited by Cipher; 11th September 2016 at 05:36 PM.

PSN ID
    chboing

Just tried it in VR. It's amazing.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I kinda like it spelled as Red:OuT, feels a lot more like Wip3'ouT" that way.

To celebrate, I'll listen to Xpander and Louder on repeat. (My hardware is far from adequate to play this game)

It's coming out this fall on ps4

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

aw i heard it was gonna be out in early 2017 oh well i can wait