Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

One of the items listed as getting for 100 pounds or more.

The exclusive Kickstarter Speed Test Track, ‘Oval’

I imagine it will be similar to one of the prototype tracks off WO3SE... LS105/GOP02
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rth6s25Y6w

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Considering they have the track designer responsible for the prototype tracks... I'm hopeful we'll get that feeling again

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

And it's there! They've just hit the £35k target

PSN ID
    The_Boye

I'm down for a Digi Collector.

In R8 we trust.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    possesed13

That's very good news!

PSN ID
    RozPT

Congratulations everyone! Really glad this is going to happen. I've still to pledge, but will as soon as payday arrives.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Just so everyone knows, if you make a pledge money won't be taken until the window closes on the 23rd May.

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

just backed it

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

A message from Andrew Walker on the WipeoutZone FB page, for those of you who haven't seen it:

"Thanks - it's just the start of the journey, we have invested a great deal of our own time and money into this so far - not giving up the day jobs. What we have done is to prove that the community wants this. The funding is low at the moment but it allows us to pay the bills. What we have learned is that momentum brings opportunities. There is no one more determined than I am to make this happen. We just need to keep the flame lit! Thanks guys. You are all amazing."

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

At the rate things are going at, I predict the end result to be about 65k (unless something drastic happens).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I understand his enthusiasm but he needs to remember that this is not something worth losing his family over though (as noted from previous FB posts) :/

Cipher

ps gratz on reaching the goal!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    F3NRi5_u2w

I'm in with »THE CONSOLE GAME BACKER« but thinking about add-ons now…also the hardcover artbook will be pretty slick, I guess…hrhr.
    [registered @Kickstarter just for Formula Fusion =) ]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

For many WO3 is still the peak of the series when it comes to graphic design, and honestly, R8Games could push this a bit more. Because there’s not too much design stuff one can see from the Kickstarter campaign. I know many people who loved WipEout not only for its gameplay but for its sophisticated design choices. Consequently the campaign could get some more attention from the design community, whereas now it’s mainly advertised as something for gamers only.

I for one backed the TPP, but did not yet so with Kickstarter. As I don’t see the design qualities I was expecting. That doesn’t mean they’re not there, it’s just I haven’t seen anything so far that makes me want to back the project from a design standpoint. Maybe it’s because Build was responsible for WO3 mainly, and obviously they’re not a part of The Designers Republic anymore. Prove me wrong!

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

R8 recently updated the kickstarter page and revaeled a nice short clip of a pre-alpha test. the video is a ship flying around the track for one lap. The ship seems to be locked down onto the surface of the track as if on a MAG-lock segment from wipEout HD. It flies stiffly, but it is just a basic test so no worries. I found the visual effect that occurs after hitting a speed pad to be a little annoying but that's just me.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Stardragon88

Yeah, ship seems a bit sticky and rigid, but nothing that can't be amended further down the line. At that speed you'd expect it to catch at least some air going over those inclines - kind of like Citta Nuova where going from venom to phantom meant the risk of practically flying out of bounds with every turn on an incline, it was almost a flight sim

Adding a bit of yaw and upping the floatiness would go a long way, looking forward to getting my hands on the build once they push it out to us.
    Last edited by Stardragon88; 8th May 2015 at 10:24 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I know that video was just a very rough draft of what's to come, but looking at the track [Seems very similar to Stanza Inter from WO3 ], even in it's block form, and although not showing so in the video, I can't help getting the feeling that R8 might be toying with the return of the old wipeout style energy replenishing pit stops .........there just seems a few places on that track where they have left a suitable area where it could be easily put in.

I hope the speed blur effect when running over a speed pad is able to be turned off like it is in HD/Fury, I found it too distracting in the higher speed classes

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by AGgamer View Post
    I found the visual effect that occurs after hitting a speed pad to be a little annoying but that's just me.
    the RGB split effect? It looks cool but I do wish they would give us the option of turning it off.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I've gone for the Designers Republic add on and added some more for extra goodies. The gameplay snippet for me looks promising, I look forward to seeing some fully furnished tracks and some other ships in there.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Zackdem

Quote Originally Posted by terra-wrists View Post
    the RGB split effect? It looks cool but I do wish they would give us the option of turning it off.
    The Dev's in a reply on the kickstarter or FB page (if I remember) says that it is just a test for the moment. I also find the visual effect a bit strong

Edit : here is the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1224101
    Last edited by Zackdem; 11th May 2015 at 05:43 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Zix-Xer

I would back the kickstarter however they dont suport paypal and I will not get a cc of fake cc just for this!