Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter

I'm afraid you're preaching to the choir, I think most if not everyone here has already donated.
    If people know any other place to promote the kickstarter (even if it's your own facebook, twitter or YouTube channel) It could help them out.

PSN ID
    DIXI200

A little "kick" to free enterprise. I want the "game" for real passion ... because I did not "PC" use Mac, and it's a bit "vintage" but powerful. I'm going to play at a friend's house. Now waiting for the results.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Sure we still need to do our best to spread awareness of the project, but you need to remember that we are at 24.5k right now. That's 70% of the goal with a full 23 days left. It's still too early to to start panicking.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

That's really for the absolute minimum though. Ideally it needs to be hitting at least the first couple of stretch goals

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

True, but it can hit the stretch goals well after the 30 days have passed, as far as I'm aware. For the kickstarter to get through, it just needs the 35k. Still, we should all try our hardest advertising this project!

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

if i had spare funds id be on this as long as the pc requirements werent to big and if i didnt have a big day coming up soon

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

With The Verge just recently posting something about the WO1-browser-thing, it might be a good time to give them a heads up (?)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

On my side I contacted Gamekult via twitter, the second most important French VG website and I asked if they could say a word about this in their weekly show.
    There is a show every saturday during 1h15-1h30 about "eveything during the week about VG" more or less and it's a good one, I like it.
    I don't know if they'll talk about it though...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mikahail

They wrote a small article about it 2 days ago. They should still talk about it on their saturday show, it could help a little bit.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Pledge rewards updated. A new £20 tier is available for a digital PS4 version when it is ready, and the £150 Physical Edition tier is now available again. They've also lowered the price of the top two a little, but no biters yet on those.

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

Would like that 150 option but have to wait for pay day

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

First of all: Hype! we are at 79% of the goal at 27.7k!

Second: Should I advertise this kickstarter to F-Zero fans as well? It's the same genre as WipEout (ag racing) and the F-Zero fanbase is currently desperate for a new game for the franchise. They were also heart broken after it was announced that there are NO plans for any future F-Zero games. So how about giving it a shot? It can't hurt can it?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Absolutely! R8 have been asking for people to share the link on any related forums, whether they are Wipeout, F-Zero, anything.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

What about on Youtube? Would leaving a comment on various related videos be acceptable? Because I can see that potentially being annoying... See I REALLY think doing that would help but it might be frowned upon. Thoughts?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    Would like that 150 option but have to wait for pay day
    you wouldn't be charged until after the campaign ends anyway. May 24

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Just £1000 to go to the target, and someone has taken the plunge on the top level pledge!

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

wow

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

I'm confused about the 100k stretch goal.

"the console (PS4/Xbone) version will be fully representative of the PC version of the game."

What does this mean exactly? Does this mean that unless this goal is reached the console version will NEVER have all of the content or be released at all? That's what it sounds like...

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

They've said that the stretch goals are to allow them to have the resources to meet these deadlines. They will still work on other versions if they are not met, but it is likely to be a very long wait.

Also, depending on funding, the PC version will either be released with an initial 8 tracks or the full 22 tracks. The statement on the console versions means that it will be the same as whatever condition the PC version is in at the time.

£500 to go...

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

I see. It's truly amazing to see how much passion is being put forth by R8 and DR. Commited to the bitter end, even after Studio Liverpool was shut down, very repectable indeed. I'm going to continue doing my best to advertise this campaign.