Thread: AG Drive

Default AG Drive

Dont know where to post this, but has anyone played AG Drive on their tablet yet?
    Its getting rave reviews
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/AG+Drive/review.asp?c=63999&srch=ag+drive

- - - Updated - - -

Also I will have a very special announcement in the next few months with regards to surpassing this
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 22nd February 2015 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Link fixed

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

downloading now

The more there are games like this, the better it is for us hopefuls.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

This is the best one so far on IOS. I am actually enjoying this game lol. Which is a first because usually i'm strictly wipEout when I get time to play.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

i'm really enjoying this game lol, its fantastic.

They need to release tier 3 now.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

The sound stopped working in this game.

nu9get Guest

Quote Originally Posted by terra-wrists View Post
    The sound stopped working in this game.
    achievement unlocked: you broke the sound barrier

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

LOOOOL good one nugget , i had the iphone muted (uber fails)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

You can get this game for free right now (not sure if it’s restricted to certain regions). No idea about in-app purchases, though. I’ll give it a try nonetheless!

Timezone
    GMT -6

AG Drive is pretty good so far, but still quite basic in a lot of areas. I wish there was an easy way to provide feedback.

The very first thing I need to gripe about is definitely the physics. Ships don't seem to react to the track, and it feels an awful lot like WipEout Fusion. Next up would be the airbrakes and the ship abilities;
    - The Turbo is good, but difficult to use when coming up on a tight corner sequence.
    - The Auto-Beam is useful, except for the fact it doesn't seem to know what racing lines are, and it doesn't try to push away from the wall if you're touching the side of the track while you activate it.
    - The Sokudo's Jump is completely useless.
    - The airbrakes don't seem to help all that much when it comes to actually steering; I expected them to behave more like they do in a game such as Asphalt, but all they do is gradually slow you down (assuming, of course, that you remember to let go of the thruster), and though you will have more time to react at lower speeds, turning is still difficult. And because the corners where you do in fact need to brake come up on you so fast, it is difficult to activate them early enough.

On the other hand, if you had a special control scheme with separated air brakes, then the tracks and physics exactly as they are would probably be perfect for Zone Mode.