Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Insert Coin - Wipeout clothing range

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

For their quality, again, I have a load of stuff from them and all the print is still perfectly in tact after being worn and washed plenty. The only one that has cracked, is one that I pretty much refuse to admit Im too fat for and my lumpy body parts have stretched it all awkwardly.

Side note, I'd wear that tshirt lol

It's not just about the images cracking, it's about comfort.

When I wear the Angel Grove T-shirt, the design starts sticking to my skin if I'm sweating a little bit, which makes it very uncomfortable to wear.

Whereas the shirt with the roller lady feels perfectly normal, as it's the fibres themselves that are coloured, and not just some gross sticker heat-pressed against the fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by vincoof View Post
    That is true, but the shirt is also pretty offensive towards females.

Anyway...
    Last edited by AdHoc; 8th July 2015 at 05:42 PM.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I can't wait... gonna get a piranha sample made and sent to me from Turkey (yeah I know a few factories)

Scimi

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

If they went to the effort to get the merchandise rights for WipEout, surely they could have designed some more interesting T-Shirts? They've kinda just lazily printed a logo on the front.

I don't think I can justify spending 45AUD on these.

Oh you're in Melbourne too, cool!
    I have the bundle coming here, if you want too see the clothes when I have them, I'll gladly show them to you... here's hoping that they'll still have more to sell by then.

Edit: also, if you're an artsy type, I'd be keen on discussing crafting techniques for the Feisar model I'm planning to make.
    Last edited by AdHoc; 9th July 2015 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdmx View Post
    If they went to the effort to get the merchandise rights for WipEout, surely they could have designed some more interesting T-Shirts? They've kinda just lazily printed a logo on the front.
    Here’s the thing: we all have our expectations. Some of us would have wanted ships, or weapon icons, or on-race action, or whatever. With only 3 shirts available they couldn’t have fulfilled all expectations. With that said we don’t know yet if they’ll be making more (do we?).

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

If these sell well there may be more

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I wish they had a transcendence shirt. That would be boss.

A word about WO shirts though, as long as you create the artwork yourself, you can get away with a lot more. The lines here in the US are a bit fuzzy on legality, but this site: http://www.cafepress.com/dd/48577018, is a good example. As long as the design is different enough, and words like "AG Systems" aren't used, OR if they are given away as opposed to sold, you can generally get away with more here.
    Last edited by mannjon; 12th July 2015 at 01:19 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Quote Originally Posted by rdmx View Post

I don't think I can justify spending 45AUD on these.
    I'm getting the bundle and whilst the price isn't as cheap as I'd like it to be, for official WipEout merch I'm afraid I'd be willing to sell an arm and a leg! I have their The Last of Us Green Firefly Hoodie and it is amazing quality, seriously good stuff, wearing it right now in fact.

Oh you're in Melbourne too, cool!
    I have the bundle coming here, if you want too see the clothes when I have them, I'll gladly show them to you... here's hoping that they'll still have more to sell by then.
    Woo, a third Australian! Nice to meet you, I'm in Wollongong though.

And yes, I AM a bit underwhelmed by the designs because looking at their other clothing ranges, it's clear they put in next to no effort with these, frankly. I just hope that them seeing the demand for these lets them know we're wanting to pay and the market for it is there, so that they might make more use of the IP.

So. Still no news about a possible shipping date.
    I won't even bother sending an e-mail at this point.

I think it's utter bullshit considering the price we paid for a preorder.
    And as I'm expecting the quality to be quite medium, I think I'll just go and get myself some custom made T-shirts.

Either here: http://www.redbubble.com/shop/wipeout
    Or at my local T-shirt printer.
    Last edited by AdHoc; 9th August 2015 at 08:34 AM.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I remember being told or reading somewhere that they'd be shipping later this month.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'm hearing that those with pre-orders are getting shipping confirmation.

Oh gosh, Hellfire is hearing voices. Were you touched by the Light?

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I haven't heard anything yet, but then, I'm over in the states, so maybe mine is getting processed later? Not sure. When I hear something I'll post about it here.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Quote Originally Posted by vincoof View Post
    Oh gosh, Hellfire is hearing voices. Were you touched by the Light?
    Yeah, one of my lamps fell over and twatted me on the head

Someone I know who also pre-ordered received a shipping notification. It'll probably be a phased thing but at least it sounds like they're starting to get them out.

Still no news, but it's Australia after all, can't ask for too much.

In the meantime, I've finally put a name on the perfect printing process for T-shirts, it's called DTG = Direct to Garment.

Here's to hoping that the IC guys have heard about it!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Some people have been getting them already, Ami retweeted someone who got it 4 days ago (UK person)
    So they'll arrive in due time, might just take a while shipping i guess, still haven't bought em myself tbh, i don't want to burst in tears after washing them ;-;

Cipher

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Looking at InsertCoin's site, it seems that the FEISAR T-shirt and the F3600 hoodie are now available for purchase, but the AG Systems one is still listed as pre-order. I'm willing to bet that if you're still waiting for shipping confirmation you have the AG Systems shirt in your order.

Good observation

My FEISAR shirt arrived last week. I like the print, but it does look as though it might start to crack eventually. Hopefully just following the washing instructions should help to avoid that. I ain't complaining though - it's a comfortable shirt, not to mention official wipeout merch!