Thread: HD/Fury ship stats spreadsheet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Default HD/Fury ship stats spreadsheet

Hey everyone!

A little while ago I was able to rip all the assets from Wipeout HD. With all the assets came loads of XML files that define pretty much all of the settings for the game, including the settings for each ship. I started putting all of the ship stats into a spreadsheet not too long ago but I've been holding back on posting because I'm not really sure what you guys here think on sharing on such things. The spreadsheet still needs a lot of work done to it, all I've got so far are the basic variables although those by themselves build up quite the list. I've highlighted the four basic rows that would make the most difference to the ships handling, if anyone likes comparing then hopefully that should make it a bit easier.

Here's the spreadsheet.
    Last edited by bigsnake; 15th February 2015 at 05:06 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

This is pretty interesting. But it doesn't really seem to reveal much about the ships. i could see this being pretty useful if i knew what all this meant. but even so, a lot of these numbers are the same across all ships and furys. Could you please explain what things like "turning falloff" are?

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Sure thing, I just added notes to each value (hover over the value title to see what it means). The only problem is that those values have no description so it's only a guess based on how I use similar values to set ship stats in my own game, that's why I highlighted the rows that would obviously make the largest differences to how each ship handles. As for there being loads of repeated numbers, I'll add those into their own table in the future so they're not wasting as much space. Thanks for the feedback!

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Thanks for the update! I just have one more question I forgot to ask. I noticed that there is no list of shield values on the sheet. Is it possible you could add that?

Also there seems to be some weird things going on between speed classes. For example, the EGX-hd and AGS-hd's thrust are both rated as a '90' in the game. But in venom to rapier class, you've got AGS rated with more thrust than EGX even though the game says they are the same (in phantom everything seems fine though). kinda reminds me how the AGSystems-speed in 2048 has speed above the pir-hana on A+ class. I think this is kinda funny actually, is Studio Liverpool playing favorites?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Really? Most of the stats are the same for AGS HD v Fury? I swear the Fury feels heavier and a bit more sluggish than the HD.

I assume it may have something to do with the other stats you haven't posted yet.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 15th February 2015 at 11:44 AM.

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Just updated the spreadsheet with all of the extra stats plus loads of other global settings such as all of the weapon settings.

Also there seems to be some weird things going on between speed classes. For example, the EGX-hd and AGS-hd's thrust are both rated as a '90' in the game. But in venom to rapier class, you've got AGS rated with more thrust than EGX even though the game says they are the same (in phantom everything seems fine though).
    I'd assume having those values off balance in the lower speed classes has something to do with drag (air resistance), in most cases the acceleration cap drops down after flash (for example AG Systems acceleration cap is 32 in flash but 27 in rapier). It's probably best to compare phantom class stats, those seem to be the most accurate.

Most of the stats are the same for AGS HD v Fury? I swear the Fury feels heavier and a bit more sluggish than the HD.
    Yeah it's very strange, Wipeout is pretty balanced so most of the stats do remain the same all across the board. You'll probably find that extra weight is an illusion caused from the shape of the craft, I find that the normal AG Systems ship looks pretty flat compared to the Fury version so that could have something to do with it. Another strange thing I noticed when copying the extra stats across is that the shield values don't change between the HD and Fury versions, same for the actual menu rating values as well. Those are probably handled internally instead of being placed in the XML files though.

PSN ID
    u/EienZero (Reddit) / eien_override#9331 (Discord)

Are all the settings related to Speed (Speed Pads, Rolls, etc) time-based?

And is there any info about the tracks, like number of speed pads, jumps, etc?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man
    Last edited by EienZero; 2nd November 2015 at 09:32 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

What do you mean time based?
    Weather they provide a time based boost? For turbos and barrel rolls, maybe, but speed pads is just an acceleration jump as long as you're on it i think

And amount of speed pads and jumps could easily be done by just having a go on each track or even just watching some videos on youtube

Cipher

PSN ID

I know, but unfortunately I've sold my PS3 a while ago, been thinking about it, I guess Youtube is my only chance now, if I can still find videos for all the tracks

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Time for shameless self promotion!!
    http://youtube.com/AGCipher

Haha neeeh, use whatever vid you find, but i'm pretty sure all tracks are in there, it's just a huge list, you might want to stick to the time trial or speed lap playlist, weapons however you'll have to dig through the rest (online phantom races playlist maybe, although it's not up to date, or just search the ootoobz ^^)

Good luck!

Cipher

PSN ID

Yeah man, good job, gonna check em out, ****! How I miss playing WipeOut! Cool avatar BTW, is that from the 2048?

So, yeah, I've been doing big improvements in my game lately thanks to Bigsnake's file and renewed inspiration, even though I've been away from actually playing the game for more than a year Although I've decided to not no go for a 100% purist WipeOut version since it would just make sense to play it through a rather short timeline and I want the teams and pilots to evolve, I also want them to be equally balanced and I have found a way to do so and I'm loving the results so far. Also I'll be upgrading the speeds to Supersonic levels (and measured in MPH's) and the biggest and most dare addition to it, will be the crossover with Shadowrun (RPG) characters to give a bit of a F-Zero feeling to it (I grew up playing those games, specially F-Zero, RnR Racing or even Carmageddon left a big imprint on me) I'll be using the WipeoutFury Teams and ship designs as well as respect the game story and timeline though.

My only concern is that I feel like working on something that no one else but myself is gonna be up to play to, haha, but I don't care, I've been doing it for about 20 years already

PSN ID

Default Tigron & Van-uber stats...

Man this is been of a huge help to me , I am working on a Text-based/PnP RPG and without this I would up ended up with completelly made up stats, and everyone of you who may try the game some day, would hate me, anyways do you know if there's a chance to get the Omega stats,or concretelly, the Tigron & Van-Uber relative ones to the HD version?

Also, one big question I still have about this spreadsheet, how does it relates/translates (in numbers) to the stats shown on the game (Speed/Thrust/Handling/Shield)???
    Last edited by EienZero; 5th March 2020 at 02:24 AM. Reason: adding up stuff