Thread: How long will the online servers stay alive?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Default How long will the online servers stay alive?

Has anyone found any info about PS3 game servers closing down, especially Wipeout HD? Sony is surely gonna strip down support for the PS3 in an accelerated rate during this year. HOME is closing down on the 31st of march and since Wipeout HD Fury isn't on the list for Playstation Now it is a bit worrying. Does anyone remember if HD and 2048 uses the same servers? I think I read that somewhere but can't remember. That might save HD for a while since 2048 is a much newer game and should get support a bit longer.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I really hate Sony now.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Did some research, and it seems Grand Turismo 5 is also shutting down on May 20th, Resistance gets its plug pulled March 28th :/
    GT5 Is younger than Wipeout HD btw..

They better announce it, cuz i will play the **** out of it one last time if it did in fact shut down
    But let's hope that's still a long ways away

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

A saving grace for WOHD which might keep the severs open longer then you might think is, the fact that it got a second lease of life with the release of WO 2048...Crossplay , was 'The" major selling point, promoted by Sony at the time.

WO 2048 was the "Title" that showed how it was going to happen.

Taking WO HD offline would be equivalent of taking 2048 offline as well

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

why am I still not hopeful?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Has anyone been online lately? At this rate, I wouldn't blame them for shutting down servers. Here in central time, I have to wait around 2-3 hours before I see any race pop up at all regardless of speed. Every now and then I see a Phantom Eliminator lobby, but there just isn't anyone online anymore.

If everyone is so worried about shutting down the servers, we need to prove that they are worth keeping online. Things may be different overseas, but there is no one ever online anymore.