Thread: how to run the wipeout pulse dlc on american psp

Timezone
    GMT -8

Default how to run the wipeout pulse dlc on american psp

Ok so i know there is to be no talk about illegally downloaded stuff on here. I dont know if anyone's discovered this but if you use custom firmware to trick the psp into thinking its from another country(specifically european) it will run the wipeout pulse dlc perfectly fine. if this is not accepted on this forum please forgive me and take this down. also acquire the DLC legally like i did.

PSN ID
    Marysh24

However, since SL was shut down, every DLC are gone with the site :/
    Ok, they still are in the Store but without MIRAGE, aw.
    Legally or no, every DLC for WipEout, expect from the Store, are unavailable :/

Timezone
    GMT -8

well this is just for if you have been chosen specially by god to be bestowed with them. This is just the way i figured out how to do it after several grueling years on trying to do it

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I've seen the PULSE DLC available as a Torrent, and that was many years ago.
    So I suspect it's quite easy to get it working on a US based PSP [with a Pandoras battery hack] without much trouble.

TBH, since Sony no longer sell or basically support the PSP as such .... partially due to it being hacked years ago.... and since online gameplay for Pure & Pulse is long gone.
    You are better off, in the US at least, using emulation software on a PC and playing Pulse on that, I'm sure you will find a usable version of the Pulse DLC somewhere on the web.

I would have recommended you get a PS 'VITA' TV and play it like a full console version with a PS3/4 controller, but unfortunately the regional lock still exists for the Pulse DLC, not the game itself mind you.

I've never understood why Sony have never released the Pulse DLC in the USA .... madness, and a frustrating madness at that, trying to repeatably explain the situation to people.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 24th December 2014 at 05:33 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8

I dont know i had longed to figure this out since i first started playing this game. I know its lost nut if theres still people with psp's out there(which im sure there is) and they get the DLC somehow and if your in america, thats how youll run it. thanks for the responses

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I suspect those die hard's WO pilots that did have the PULSE DLC in the USA had actually bought a EU version PSP, then opened another account, using the same PSN user name at a EU PStore, thus allowing the download to work.

I'm pretty sure Rapid Racer did it that way, or it could of been Art Sarwell .... both Canada based.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Rapier is from Scotland UK. So you thinking medusa?

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Possibly.
    Sorry, you get confused after 500,000 barrel rolls in cockpit mode.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    eastrain

The issue is a simple one- the dlc is not looking at any sort of region checks, the game's main binaries simply look for savegames and dlc with the correct serial number.
    However, due to the encryption surrounding the store purchased DLC, the WAD files can't be edited and still run.

The bigger issue here if you want to press it is that the actual US-released BOX art states availability of the DLC.
    Simple answer, get the PAL release.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Can you post a image of that?

I would love for Sony to have to deal with a "Wipeout" situation again, especially legally.

It might end up a huge Class action against Sony [ ], or a reopening of a SL clone [well it would have to be since the original SL was euthanized by Sony]
    It only leaves Sony to answer to the write.

What goes around, comes around

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    eastrain

just pulled up a scan of my box and I'm not seeing it but i'm gonna find this damn text- i KNOW i saw it somewhere official.
    not home at the moment so I can't check the manual or other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Can you post a image of that?

I would love for Sony to have to deal with a "Wipeout" situation again, especially legally.

It might end up a huge Class action against Sony [ ], or a reopening of a SL clone [well it would have to be since the original SL was euthanized by Sony]
    It only leaves Sony to answer to the write.

What goes around, comes around