Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see in Formula Fusion?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Please ... No glass like surface tracks ...... a major annoyance visually, and the reason the HD/ FURY tracks are loathed by most [ A visually disorientating mess basically, might have looked good design wise, but sucked when actually playing it]

It depends on how you design this game to play..... I'm assuming a clean slate, more AG F1 than Wipeout.

If so, wish list.

AI referee that adjudicates in real time who hold right of way/ racing line [as like F1 passing moves ]...how you penalize offenders, and the severity of the penalty, It's up to you.

Online Ramming of craft - Don't know the gameplay yet, but please consider effect and/or penalty .[Prost /Senna like crap happening online ]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Jezoes666/LsDre86

I would like to see a public except people on your block list mode when racing online.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    PS3/PS4: GolfKilo11 PSVITA: RPK111

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Just my wishlist (may get's expanded):
    1. Reeeeeaaaaallllly long tracks (like in Fusion) and realy short tracks.
    2. Crafts that look like actual crafts.
    3. A team from Germany
    4. Pls no dystopic future
    5. Pitlanes instead of absorbing
    6. Giving players the ability to create their own racing style, like either laying into corners, or previous mentioned drifting.
    7. Getting connected with the game.
    I completely agree as a fusion player. #4 & #5 especially.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

1. Between pit lanes and absorbing, I'd say pit lanes for sure. Way better than absorbing game balance wise. In HD absorbing makes the low shields on high performance craft not really matter, so why not just use a Harimau or Icaras? they have better stats and the shields don't matter. But with pit lanes the player needs to deal with their choice to have low shields for potentially the whole lap.

2. Have the option to select how many laps in a race offline as well as online. I always wanted to do an endurance race on my own offline (because nobody online wants to sit through 20 laps) but I cant.

3. I just want to through this idea out there: How about you prepare a weapon set pre race and thats your ammo for the race? Maybe one pilot has 3 missiles, a shield, and one E-pack, where another pilot has 2 shields, an E-pack and nothing else. This could make for interesting combat strategies going in and it would also eliminate the chance factor of weapon pads in wipEout.

4. Maybe in-game backstoryyyy???

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Maciek1702, Maciek1704

Quote Originally Posted by AGgamer View Post
    1. Between pit lanes and absorbing, I'd say pit lanes for sure. Way better than absorbing game balance wise. In HD absorbing makes the low shields on high performance craft not really matter, so why not just use a Harimau or Icaras? they have better stats and the shields don't matter. But with pit lanes the player needs to deal with their choice to have low shields for potentially the whole lap.

2. Have the option to select how many laps in a race offline as well as online. I always wanted to do an endurance race on my own offline (because nobody online wants to sit through 20 laps) but I cant.

3. I just want to through this idea out there: How about you prepare a weapon set pre race and thats your ammo for the race? Maybe one pilot has 3 missiles, a shield, and one E-pack, where another pilot has 2 shields, an E-pack and nothing else. This could make for interesting combat strategies going in and it would also eliminate the chance factor of weapon pads in wipEout.

4. Maybe in-game backstoryyyy???
    4. - I totally agree. Wipeout have something like "hidden" backstory (Belmondo, etc.) and it was never mentioned in campagin. Now I'd like to see a racing game with story. Good story

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    PS3/PS4: GolfKilo11 PSVITA: RPK111

Have 4 or 5 different craft models, each one with different stats and liveries. Each livery would be a different team. (think sort of like NASCAR.)

- - - Updated - - -

oh yes, I want an EXTREME sense of speed!! I want to be in cockpit mode with a speed-o that says 450mph with a futuristic city becoming a blur outside the windows!!

EDIT: I need to be able to change from KPH to MPH!

Wipeout needed that in every game!
    Last edited by PureSpeed7; 19th April 2015 at 12:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    2. Crafts that look like actual crafts.
    Seems like my hopes are gone...

8. Cockpit mode, if it's missing I want my money back.
    9. A good background story (mustn't be included in the game though)

How is it with the teams, do you choose your craft all the time again, or does the game has a real career mode?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Stardragon88

Quote Originally Posted by Maciek1704 View Post
    4. - I totally agree. Wipeout have something like "hidden" backstory (Belmondo, etc.) and it was never mentioned in campagin. Now I'd like to see a racing game with story. Good story
    Personally I kind of liked that Wipeout's backstory was kind of hidden and not very well publicized at all. You only got little snippets of information here and there (from loading screen text, or captions attached to pictures in the gallery, you could infer a little from things like each team's ads on the track), it kept it a little mysterious and not so much in your face. I had a good time reading the archived backstory stuff that used to be on this site myself.

I mean to your average person, the game could be on Mars for all they know and they really wouldn't care. Not to say that the story getting in the way of the presentation is a bad thing, but it felt kind of fitting for Wipeout as a pure racing game for the backstory to be really subtle like that - it lets people fill in the blanks themselves and speculate a bit and sometimes that's a good thing.

Then again it might just have been the very specific circumstances that the franchise was operating in back then that made it a good fit. Wipeout's always been a very unique brand.

I have a bit of a weird one, but:
    Considering there is a push going to make this game E-sport (ESL) I would love to see some tools that allows people to watch or cast a tournament race.
    Kinda in the style of how MOBA's or RTS games but with a formula 1 vibe.

For example: Having a free flyby camera, overhead cam or a static cam in the corners that you manually set up that you can switch to with your numpad.
    That coupled with everyone's times and stats during the race.

I'd be all over finally having a racing game that people can broadcast on Twitch.

That said, of course I'd prefer a functinal fun racing game first.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Stardragon88

Quote Originally Posted by Kyderra View Post
    That said, of course I'd prefer a functinal fun racing game first.
    Absolutely.

I have some misgivings about the whole e-sports thing myself. I mean, it's all well and good but - I can't quite put my finger on it - it just seems an odd thing to make such a central bit of their pitch for the game.

R8's been pretty open about the trouble they've had with the corporate side of game development, finding publishers and having to surrender or cede control of their IP, things like that. It's funny but I feel it's easy to run into the same problems when you go with the crowdsourced route i.e Kickstarter and the like. There are thousands of people out there with different visions of what a Wipeout successor should be, and it's easy to end up promising the world to all of them only to buckle under a bloated and diluted final product - part of creative control is knowing when to say "No" too.

I can't help but feel for them when I read the comments on the Kickstarter and see people asking for console this and mac that and a hundred other extras - it looks like they have their hands full as it is just shipping the game - not to mention I'd really rather not see them get sidetracked and lose productivity with trivialities like working out the logistics of Kickstarter rewards and shipping and things like that.

Crowdsourcing, it has its pros and cons!
    Last edited by Stardragon88; 27th April 2015 at 11:05 AM.