Thread: Playstation TV - Screen shots of PURE & PULSE on 46' Sony TV

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Cool Playstation TV - Screen shots of PURE & PULSE on 46' Sony TV

I thought I'd start another thread as ATM at least 2048 is not playable on PS TV.
    But you can play both the original PSone Wipeout, and the two PSP versions PURE & PULSE.

People are always going to wonder, well just how good can a game made for a handheld look on a full HD TV screen?
    Here are a few photos I took to show you.
    I think you might be surprised at least, hopefully full out amazed.

Here is the tiny little PS TV sitting in between a PS3 controller and a PSP GO! in it's cradle.

_DSC0244-copy.jpg

First test was the start up screens, If this unit could render text well then things were looking good.
    [You will see a small light at the bottom left side of the screen of all these photos, that's the PS TV light, that will give you a reference scale]

_DSC0234-copy.jpg
    _DSC0237-copy.jpg

So how does PURE & PULSE gameplay reproduce on a 46" HD Sony TV ?
    See for yourself, I think you might be pleasantly surprised

_DSC0227-copy.jpg
    _DSC0228-copy.jpg
    _DSC0229-copy.jpg
    _DSC0230-copy.jpg

PULSE - for some reason, doesn't seem to reproduce as well as PURE ... I have no idea why.
    It's marginal, but a noticeable difference.

_DSC0241-copy.jpg
    _DSC0242-copy.jpg

Anyway.
    It's good news if you ever wanted to play these wipeout titles on a big screen, with a controller, just like full console versions of wipeout.
    It is now far cheaper to get this happening with a PS TV, than a secondhand PSP GO! plus the needed cradle and component cable, which ultimately deliver lesser quality.

Recommended for the Wipeout tragic in your household.

By the way.
    All those shots were taken of the PS TV going direct into the TV Via HDMI with video output set at 1080i.

I have yet to run it through the surround amp that has separate video upscaling .... it could get better ....likewise I have yet to see how big it can go.
    There is a projector screen that can drop down behind that TV ... PURE/PULSE at 2.5m across possible? don't know yet.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 23rd November 2014 at 06:30 AM.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Did you manage to try this on your projector? I'd be interested to see the results

Looks pretty good though, looks like I may eventually get to Pure and Pulse after all

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'll try it on the weekend and take some shots.

I'll think you will like PURE and PULSE, it makes the original version of Modesto actually enjoyable to race on, unlike that hateful FURY version which be both tend to go and make a cup of tea when somebody hosts it in a online room .

Your going to have a lot of racing to catch up on, with PURE having 5 different speed classes, 29 different tracks with all the Euro DLC, say doing Single race & TT on each...that's 290 gold medals to achieve without even touching Tournament and the 4 other Zone tracks.

Not quite as daunting with PULSE with 4 speed classes and 32 tracks.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 26th November 2014 at 10:11 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I'm curious, what craft do you use for the last 4 games: Pure, Pulse, HD Fury and 2048?

I use Triakis, AG Systems/Feisar, AG Systems HD and AG Systems Prototype/Feisar Prototype respectively

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

PURE -PUMA 1 from the PUMA DLC
    PULSE - I change around a lot, AG I suppose
    HD - Used AG for most of Campaign, and ended up using pretty much all craft against the Elite at one stage or another, depending on track.
    As for 2048 - I've never played it, and unless by some miracle a way can be found to get it working on a PS TV, or some other none handheld console in the future, sadly it doesn't look like I ever will .... I just find trying to play any wipeout on a handheld that doesn't have video out so it can be played on a TV screen beyond frustrating, so I'd rather not do it.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Nice! Hopefully we'll be able to eventually play 2048 on PSTV!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

That looks cracking Pure on the big screen I see you have the Pure DLC up and running so I'm sold. Where is the data saved? Is it on the PSTV unit itself?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    All those shots were taken of the PS TV going direct into the TV Via HDMI with video output set at 1080i
    The game is probably rendered in full frames, so you should consider to set the signal to a progressive format (1080p instead of 1080i). This way you shouldn’t encounter any conversion of the image. Also be sure to match your TV’s framerate to the game’s framerate, which should be 30fps/Hz for your TV – if the PSTV outputs that.

Pulse will also look best when using the PS2-Version with an emulator, as it won’t upscale the original output but actually renders at whatever resolution you set it to.

Hope that helps

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Does PSTV really have 1080p as an option? I'm guessing it has 720p or maybe that was Vita TV.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The highest video output on the PS TV is 1080i

RAPID RACER:
    OK, I'll write a instruction template, as there are several different ways of setting this thing up, BUT, basically it's the same as getting the PURE/PULSE DLC onto a VITA.

The major difference is that there has been a update to Sony's Media content assistant software, and if you want to use it with PS TV/PS3/PS4/VITA/PC ...They ALL have to be running the same version.
    Which Currently is V 3.30.7824.86.
    I had trouble getting it as some Sony sites have it, but without the C+++ installer
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 27th November 2014 at 12:28 PM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I see, yeah I have Pure on the Vita and have all the DLC for the game on it and working with the strange exception of the Omega pack, which won't play ball at all! So same procedure with the PSTV box then basically.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Sort of.
    I gather you have a PC.
    Depending if you want to do a clean install starting of both PURE & PULSE from scratch [and get the Omega pack working], or include all your progress, will direct the way you go about the install [Hey, playing it over the PS TV is like two new games anyway, why not enjoy it to the max. ]

This is a guide for anybody reading on how to get PURE + DLC, and PULSE + DLC [if available to you] onto the PS TV.

Either way, I recommend just getting the PS TV online and going to your PStore download history[if you have bought it before] if not buy it.
    Install PURE & PULSE [plus the PULSE DLC - you will find that the MIRAGE pack will show as "This content is not available for this system" - or something similar, don't worry about it, there is a work around - and that is to next register your PS3 with your PS TV- download the MIRAGE pack to the PS3 - then copy it from the PS3 to the PS TV .... one game done, one to go.]

The way I did this suited the setup I ultimately wanted, and that's having pretty much everything stored on the PC, and just allowing the PS TV access to it using the latest version of Sony's Content Manager Assistant - which has NETWORK abilities, previous versions don't

1]Install Sony Content Manager Assistant on your PC.[Has to be Latest version]
    http://cma.dl.playstation.net/cma/win/en/index.html

2] If you don't have it already, download the PURE DLC "For your REGION ONLY", PS TV, like VITA, is region locked, it sucks, but in PURE's case, you won't miss anything, see link below.[DON't try and use the old version of Content Manager Assistant at the same page as this download link, it doesn't have the Network feature]
    http://www.mediafire.com/?r0cty7z2p65m1

3] To get the PURE DLC onto the PS TV, you have to have a 'Game save data folder' first - you needed this to do the same thing with the VITA - if this folder does not exist, you have nowhere to drag and drop the DLC into -[To anybody else reading this, easy way to get this it to just play a single race in PURE and save it, this creates the needed folder]

4] Open Content Manager Assistant on your PC, set it up IMPORTANT- Write down where this software want's to access and store the game data -it will always be named VITA applications/ backups [you can choose which drive - if only a single C# drive, easy no problem], if more drives, and you want it saved on a specific one, then choose now, as the software will build it's data base around what you tell it, you can change it later, but it means a rebuild, and you really don't want that, so think it out beforehand] this will also be the place where you will find the folder that you will need to drag & drop the PURE DLC files you have downloaded into, once it has been created.
    Leave program open.

Same for accessing Music/Video etc, just select the drive you have it installed on, then it will build it the access channels when building the data base.

5] Go to PS TV > Content Manager > select device to connect to > PC > Register device, this will now try and connect with your PC.....if successful a box will appear asking for you to input a code number.
    Look at your PC screen, the content manager software would have generated a 8 digit code, write it down then go to your PS TV and type it in.
    That should now have your devices registered with each other.

6] Now you need to create the save data folder on the PC to put the DLC into.
    On the PS TV again in content manager > select device[PC] > copy content PS TV to PC > copy the data across, this creates the needed folder.

7] Go to your PC > go to the HD that you told the content manager to save your VITA applications/backups folder on > find folder and open it > open PSAVEDATA > you will now see that the software has created a folder titled with a bunch of numbers like 9736de7 etc, open that folder and leave it open.

8] Go to the folder where you have the PURE DLC un zipped > PSP > open SAVEDATA > you will see all the individual DLC packs listed, drag and drop these into the open folder in step 7 above ....OK nearly done...you can close everything on the PC now.

9] Go back to the PS TV > Content manager again if you closed it before > select device [PC] > this time you want to reverse the copying, so select PC to PS TV > copy the data.

10] Close content manager, go to Wipeout PURE and open it up, you should have all the DLC installed > Get ready for a severe bought of Playstation Thumb.

You can get freezing of the game occasionally [3 times so far], it hasn't happened mid race, always at the end when going back through the menus, and usually at the exact moment when there is a screen change in the background happening.
    You can sit there for ages waiting for it to unfreeze and nothing will happen, I've found the only solution is to pull out the power connector to the PS TV and reinsert, fixes it every time.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 29th November 2014 at 01:27 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

There is a very specific order you need to install the Pure Packs, or some may not work.

What that order is, I'm not too sure. It's been a while since I installed mine, and I have every single pack working on my Vita, including the Omega pack.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The Read me files with the PURE DLC have these instructions.
    NOTICE: If the game freezes when returning to the menus after playing on Exostra Run, you will have to install the packs
    in a specific order. Delete the packs from your PSP or PSVita, and follow these instructions.
    The order in which to install the download packs is the following:

Gamma Pack
    Delta Pack
    Classic Pack
    Omega Pack
    Sci-Fi Pack

Installation of the music packs follows. It is recommended to test in between pack installations to verify that
    freezing no longer occurs.

If you have issues with the DLC not appearing correctly on your PSVita or PSP, make sure that the file names and
    the extension of the files are all capitalized.

I just installed the whole lot at once, no specific order, just the order they were listed in, works fine.
    The freezing I've encountered 3 times in over 150 races, I expect has more to do with me pressing the buttons too quickly to shift through the menu to get to the next race, I'm overloading the buffer with input data causing it to freeze up.

I don't know if people were suffering freezing mid race, if they were then that's a different matter, and probably would be wisest to install the packs in order.