Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playstation TV Nov release -Breath new life into WO 2048?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Playstation TV Nov release -Breath new life into WO 2048?

Playstation TV gets released in Aus in a week or so, at Aus$150 it seems a easy way to have all the old wipeouts that are available for download from the PStore ,available to play on the one console, on a TV screen, using a PS3/4 controller.

This will now allow WO 2048 to be played this way.

I've always found trying to play PURE & PULSE a most frustrating experience on a PSP, so I didn't bother with a VITA / 2048 as there was never a option for video out or PS3 controller mating with the VITA.

Now 2048 will be able to be played on a TV with controller, anybody else looking at finally getting and playing it?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

There are a whole bunch of titles that are not supported on the Playstation TV and sadly Wipeout 2048 is one of them. It will not run unless I've missed any recent news that all Vita titles would get support on this new console. What you can do on the Playstation TV is playing Pure and Pulse on TV with a controller. Some will like that but for me personally it is not enough to buy the console. If they play good with low latency I might consider it. Let's hope that the console gets jailbreaked so we can play 2048 on it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Touch screen is the problem though, but i have read (maybe even here lol, i don't remember) that a "cursor" like interface would be designed to get around that, i dunno if it's true though, even if it is, developpers still need to add support for it to their game (unless this is going to run at root level) and with Studio Liverpool gone, i dunno if that's going to happen :/

But, gotta stay positive, crossing my fingers ^^ and it might finally become a legit way to capture PS Vita stuff (if it allows it, HDCP & all that jazz >.>)

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Many titles have been patched to make use of this "touch interface". This control scheme is rather tricky though and in Wipeout 2048 both front and rear touch are used frequently during the event selection screens. That and the fact that Sony closed down SL has left Wipeout 2048 on the unsupported side. It is sad...
    The PS4 controller does have a touch pad so draging the picture around should work in theory but there is still one problem, you need the "touch interface" to be able to select nodes. So a patch is needed since it is not supported for all titles directly in the system software.
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 17th November 2014 at 02:35 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

The latest update to the compatibility list (23.10.14) shows that 2048 is not supported

Neither is Pure for that matter

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

*falls to knees* Noooo!! I had my fingers crossed for Pure being supported.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Isn't Playstation TV just basically a Vita without a display? Since both Pure and Pulse work fine on the Vita it would be very strange if one of them isn't working on the Playstation TV. It is just my guess, but I think that they are both gonna play fine.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Originally Vita TV that got me all excited, as it was called on release, was basically a Vita without a screen, that version was only released in Japan.
    I think it was forum member Rapid Racer in Canada that imported one thinking he would be able to use it, but unfortunately for him it would only play Japanese games.

2 Years later, Sony have renamed it Playstation TV for the rest of the world, I think some of the original features have been dropped or at least 'changed for the Western market' in Sony speak = Crippled [seems like conflicting info ATM] and the incorporated ability to 'Stream Games' will go live.
    Which unless Sony has changed it's pricing structure from what was given in the last round of beta testing [it seemed way too expensive then], will be the make or break of Sony's live game streaming service.

Full list of titles playable on USA based Playstation TV [I don't know if Euro based is going to differ, like the USA/ EURO PStores do]
    https://support.us.playstation.com/a...ail/a_id/5376/

I kind of suspect that Sony hasn't listed 2048 as compatible because recommendations from their legal dept, as not all original features will work as they were designed to do on a VITA, it's mainly to cover their butts.
    I'm expecting that we will eventually find that it does actually work if you are mating a PS4 controller to PlayStation TV.
    You will have to make certain that the PSNID you used on your VITA, and registered your copy of 2048 to that PSNID, is the same PSNID used on PS TV.

As for PURE & PULSE, well it would appear only digital downloadable copies are able to be played on PS TV, both titles are still at both USA and Euro based PStores, but are pretty much impossible to find using a PS3/4, you need to sign into the PStore and purchase via a PC, they then appear in your download history.
    Why Sony only chose to list PULSE as compatible is strange, it doesn't mean it won't make PURE compatiable in the furture, as it has already list the first Wipeout.
    That still leaves one problem, the DLC for PURE which has never been at the PStore, and PULSE which has only ever been at the Euro PStore.
    How that can, or if it ever will get to be fixed ???

TechRadar has posted a rather scathing review of PS TV 3 weeks ago .... not sure if the reviewer has missed the point of it's existence.
    http://www.techradar.com/au/reviews/...1252871/review

EDIT: Seems you might be able to get it all happening on the PS TV as the review above says it takes memory stick micro as used in PSP's, so if you can, put all your PURE and PULSE stuff on that and just plug it in.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 18th November 2014 at 10:30 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

If it isn't listed it's not gonna work. Sorry, but unsupported titles only bring up a dialog saying something like "This title is not supported on this system" when started. I've seen it on youtube for many titles. Even for Wipeout 2048 unfortunately. Check at 11:55...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdB6JzLYGjw
    So it is not looking good at all at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I would love to play through 2048 once again on the big screen. It's just hard to stay positive and keep hoping for a miracle...

EDIT:
    Hate to be negative here but it is only compatible with the Vita specific memory card, it doesn't read memory stick micro.
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 18th November 2014 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Added info regarding memory cards

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I kind of got the feeling that the PS TV reviewer got his facts screwed up.

Anyway, muggings here went out and bought a PS TV today with a PS4 controller and 16GB VITA card, as PS TV only has 1GB of internal storage, which is BS as memory is cheap, unless of course it's Sony VITA card memory.
    If you insert a card that internal storage is not available until the card is removed.

There is already a system update that needs to be done.

OK, first things first.
    This thing is cheaply made, and looks and feels it, why it cost what it does is beyond me.
    It is also very small, and having cables attached to it can find it lifting up in mid air.

You have similar apps as the PS3/4, only when visiting the PStore it is a new cut down version, you might be using the same account, but your PSP/PS3/PS4/VITA download history is nowhere to be found.
    So any thought of 'Oh, I've already bought a downloadable version before [insert game title], I'll just download it again on PS TV memory card" forget it....if you have a VITA, and a PS3/4 then your OK, as you can download from the store to the PS3/4, then transfer to the VITA's memory card, then put the memory card in the PS TV.
    This is the only way you are going to get the DLC for PURE & PULSE playing on this thing.

As expected, 2048 is not at the PS TV cut down PStore, since Australia uses the same PStore as the UK it will apply to most here, what happens in the USA store or others I don't know.
    Both PURE and PULSE are available from the Euro PS TV store, no DLC available for either, well there is no DLC available for any PSP game at this cut down PS TV store.
    Only DLC for VITA games are available.

One of the downloadable apps is PS Home Arcade [Full Game], this allows you to play games that were launched from within HOME on PS TV ...Wipeout 2D as well as two other games are being given away first [Grab this stuff as HOME is closing down forever around March 2015 ]

If your a PS+ subscriber you can get a few extra free VITA games each month, I regret not doing so over the last year, I would of had heaps more than I have.

As for the streaming service, well it's not running as yet so I can't comment.
    I'll report back later on what the visual performance is like with this thing, I've just got it plugged straight into a HDMI port into the TV to rate it's native video performance, I'll run it through the HT amp later and use it's more powerful video upscaling power as a comparison, that's how I run my PSP GO!

It should be better than the GO! as that only has component video output.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I Almost bought a Japanese import one (white, cuz white is damn sexy) a couple of hours ago, but then decided to hold of on it and do some more research

This FAQ actually answers a lot of questions;
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ltimate-faq-2/

But i'm not sure if there are errors in it or not, because under the media server question it states that you cannot stream video content from comp to the PS Vita TV, eventhough i've seen vids on the web where this IS possible (Japanese model though, maybe EU/US one is stripped of this?, you could actually test that wiggle ^^)

There's also a very vague question on there about multiplayer, seems like PS Vita TV and PS Vita are seperated from one another unless the game is updated for compatible multiplayer between the two, so for WO2048 that would be a no go (if it would ever work) since Studio Liverpool is no more

Also, seems like it has the annoying HDCP again, so capturing is a no go, unless you want to spend extra money to strip the HDCP signal (or get a splitter that re-outputs it without HDCP), which is a real shame imo, why would you do that Sony?! Capture support = PS Vita Gameplay on Video sharing sites = Free advertising (like seriously, wtf?)

The thing is region locked as well (omg, why does this still exist), so retail US games wont work on EU or Asia models and vice versa (Digitally downloaded content works fine though...)

So, all in all, waiting a little longer for this, see where it goes (I do really want that white one though >.<)

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

There is a lot of confusing posts being written about this unit, and it's all Sony's fault.

This unit is NOT like the original Japanese VITA TV model.
    As I expected it would, Sony has crippled a few of the originals features that made it so appealing, but not told people this.

EDIT: The new system software has changed something drastically.
    I can now find my PStore download history YAY!...hidden away in the bottom right corner.
    I can now re-download previously bought PSP & Vita games directly to the VITA memory card in the PS TV...so PURE & PULSE here we come [I'll have to search and see if PULSES DLC shows up].

After re-reading through the manuals about how to go about streaming content from a PC etc, it's still as clear as mud.
    Something about needing to have a VITA engaged and a PS3/ 4 and PS TV all at the same time, sound ridiculous, and I can't be bothered atm.

EDIT 2: Got both PURE & PULSE working, I got the DLC for PULSE downloaded and installed as well, even though it's not available from the PS TV store, well 3 out of the four packs, for some reason the MIRAGE pack says unavailable for this system when I visited from my download history.
    I'm not sure if it might have been that a lot of people have run out and bought a PS TV in the last day or so, and have been hammering the PStore, but when my download history did become available to me, it took a age to load.
    I know I have a lot of DLC, all available LBP DLC makes up the majority, and that my wipeout stuff was some of the first I bought, so would be at the very beginning of the list, even then, it took a long time to load the history page, and I found that if I didn't wait until the spiraling download icon at the top left of the download history page had stopped moving, I would get a error message, thrown out of the page, and end up right back at the beginning of the list again, not fun.

I'm going to try and get PURE's DLC loaded next by attempting to trick Sony's Content Management Assistant software into thinking it's VITA game files, if that works, I should be able to get the missing Mirage pack for PULSE loaded as well.

How do PURE & PULSE look playing directly from the PS TV?
    Pretty good actually when you consider what it's being asked to do, I think PURE looks better the PULSE to be honest.
    You can change the output resolution on the PS TV easily enough, I've yet to try it running through the HT amp, that's going to have to wait till Sunday at least.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 19th November 2014 at 11:52 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    EDIT 2: Got both PURE & PULSE working, I got the DLC for PULSE downloaded and installed as well, even though it's not available from the PS TV store, well 3 out of the four packs, for some reason the MIRAGE pack says unavailable for this system when I visited from my download history.
    The Mirage Pack is only available for download to the PSP and PS3, however, you can download it to the PS3 and copy it over to the Vita, that's how I got it on Pulse for my Vita. I have no idea why this pack is the only one that can't be downloaded to the Vita, when it clearly installs and works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I'm going to try and get PURE's DLC loaded next by attempting to trick Sony's Content Management Assistant software into thinking it's VITA game files, if that works, I should be able to get the missing Mirage pack for PULSE loaded as well.
    The Pure packs worked for me when I did it, just be sure you download the EU packs and not the US. Fairly obvious as to why.

So yeah, I have all the DLC for Pure & Pulse on my Vita.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

At the moment my WIN764bit PC totally refuses to have anything to do with Sony's Content manager, same with two other PC's I have with Win 8.1 loaded.
    Windows just KNOWS it is major spyware [as in constantly wanting to report back to Sony what that PC and it's peripherals are doing], and are warning me so.

GOD , Sony ,you are morons, no wonder you are losing money by the truck load!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Really? My CMA software runs just fine on my Win7 64bit.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think it might have something to do with me running a complete McAfee security suite on all the PC's, which Microsoft bought earlier this year and has now implemented small but annoying changes that will do their up most to stop certain software types being installed.

I'll take some screen shots of PURE & PULSE on my TV to show just how good they can look via PS TV.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I'm not expecting them to look as good as HD Fury, but I bet it still looks amazing on a full HD screen!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Does anyone know if Sony plans to somehow remap controls that require touchscreen? There just aren't enough compatible Vita games for me to pay $100 for something to get them on the flatscreen. I have about 11 Vita games, and the only 3 I can play with Sony TV at this point are Muramasa Demonblade, One Piece Red, and FF10 Remaster (which looks better on the PS3 anyway).

Long story short, I realize that for me personally, the only reason for the PS TV is to port the Vita to my TV and that isn't the reason to have one. I have netflix on 2 consoles, and I don't really need to stream TV services any other way at the moment. Is there any other justifiable reason to get one?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

PS TV has a 'Activate touch screen' option in the control panel.
    It also has 'Ad Hoc mode'
    Not sure how either works though as I haven't tried either, been to busy sorting PURE/PULSE replay out.

Speaking of which.
    Since it seems 2048 replay via PS TV is not going to happen, at least for the present, I thought it best to start another PS TV thread showing what it can do.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...573#post240573

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Sony sure has gone to a lot of trouble to make sure that Vita games don't get played on a TV.