Thread: Playstation TV - Screen shots of PURE & PULSE on 46' Sony TV

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Cool Playstation TV - Screen shots of PURE & PULSE on 46' Sony TV

I thought I'd start another thread as ATM at least 2048 is not playable on PS TV.
    But you can play both the original PSone Wipeout, and the two PSP versions PURE & PULSE.

People are always going to wonder, well just how good can a game made for a handheld look on a full HD TV screen?
    Here are a few photos I took to show you.
    I think you might be surprised at least, hopefully full out amazed.

Here is the tiny little PS TV sitting in between a PS3 controller and a PSP GO! in it's cradle.

_DSC0244-copy.jpg

First test was the start up screens, If this unit could render text well then things were looking good.
    [You will see a small light at the bottom left side of the screen of all these photos, that's the PS TV light, that will give you a reference scale]

_DSC0234-copy.jpg
    _DSC0237-copy.jpg

So how does PURE & PULSE gameplay reproduce on a 46" HD Sony TV ?
    See for yourself, I think you might be pleasantly surprised

_DSC0227-copy.jpg
    _DSC0228-copy.jpg
    _DSC0229-copy.jpg
    _DSC0230-copy.jpg

PULSE - for some reason, doesn't seem to reproduce as well as PURE ... I have no idea why.
    It's marginal, but a noticeable difference.

_DSC0241-copy.jpg
    _DSC0242-copy.jpg

Anyway.
    It's good news if you ever wanted to play these wipeout titles on a big screen, with a controller, just like full console versions of wipeout.
    It is now far cheaper to get this happening with a PS TV, than a secondhand PSP GO! plus the needed cradle and component cable, which ultimately deliver lesser quality.

Recommended for the Wipeout tragic in your household.

By the way.
    All those shots were taken of the PS TV going direct into the TV Via HDMI with video output set at 1080i.

I have yet to run it through the surround amp that has separate video upscaling .... it could get better ....likewise I have yet to see how big it can go.
    There is a projector screen that can drop down behind that TV ... PURE/PULSE at 2.5m across possible? don't know yet.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 23rd November 2014 at 06:30 AM.