Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playstation TV - Screen shots of PURE & PULSE on 46' Sony TV

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Cool Playstation TV - Screen shots of PURE & PULSE on 46' Sony TV

I thought I'd start another thread as ATM at least 2048 is not playable on PS TV.
    But you can play both the original PSone Wipeout, and the two PSP versions PURE & PULSE.

People are always going to wonder, well just how good can a game made for a handheld look on a full HD TV screen?
    Here are a few photos I took to show you.
    I think you might be surprised at least, hopefully full out amazed.

Here is the tiny little PS TV sitting in between a PS3 controller and a PSP GO! in it's cradle.

_DSC0244-copy.jpg

First test was the start up screens, If this unit could render text well then things were looking good.
    [You will see a small light at the bottom left side of the screen of all these photos, that's the PS TV light, that will give you a reference scale]

_DSC0234-copy.jpg
    _DSC0237-copy.jpg

So how does PURE & PULSE gameplay reproduce on a 46" HD Sony TV ?
    See for yourself, I think you might be pleasantly surprised

_DSC0227-copy.jpg
    _DSC0228-copy.jpg
    _DSC0229-copy.jpg
    _DSC0230-copy.jpg

PULSE - for some reason, doesn't seem to reproduce as well as PURE ... I have no idea why.
    It's marginal, but a noticeable difference.

_DSC0241-copy.jpg
    _DSC0242-copy.jpg

Anyway.
    It's good news if you ever wanted to play these wipeout titles on a big screen, with a controller, just like full console versions of wipeout.
    It is now far cheaper to get this happening with a PS TV, than a secondhand PSP GO! plus the needed cradle and component cable, which ultimately deliver lesser quality.

Recommended for the Wipeout tragic in your household.

By the way.
    All those shots were taken of the PS TV going direct into the TV Via HDMI with video output set at 1080i.

I have yet to run it through the surround amp that has separate video upscaling .... it could get better ....likewise I have yet to see how big it can go.
    There is a projector screen that can drop down behind that TV ... PURE/PULSE at 2.5m across possible? don't know yet.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 23rd November 2014 at 07:30 AM.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Did you manage to try this on your projector? I'd be interested to see the results

Looks pretty good though, looks like I may eventually get to Pure and Pulse after all

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'll try it on the weekend and take some shots.

I'll think you will like PURE and PULSE, it makes the original version of Modesto actually enjoyable to race on, unlike that hateful FURY version which be both tend to go and make a cup of tea when somebody hosts it in a online room .

Your going to have a lot of racing to catch up on, with PURE having 5 different speed classes, 29 different tracks with all the Euro DLC, say doing Single race & TT on each...that's 290 gold medals to achieve without even touching Tournament and the 4 other Zone tracks.

Not quite as daunting with PULSE with 4 speed classes and 32 tracks.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 26th November 2014 at 11:11 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I'm curious, what craft do you use for the last 4 games: Pure, Pulse, HD Fury and 2048?

I use Triakis, AG Systems/Feisar, AG Systems HD and AG Systems Prototype/Feisar Prototype respectively

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

PURE -PUMA 1 from the PUMA DLC
    PULSE - I change around a lot, AG I suppose
    HD - Used AG for most of Campaign, and ended up using pretty much all craft against the Elite at one stage or another, depending on track.
    As for 2048 - I've never played it, and unless by some miracle a way can be found to get it working on a PS TV, or some other none handheld console in the future, sadly it doesn't look like I ever will .... I just find trying to play any wipeout on a handheld that doesn't have video out so it can be played on a TV screen beyond frustrating, so I'd rather not do it.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Nice! Hopefully we'll be able to eventually play 2048 on PSTV!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

That looks cracking Pure on the big screen I see you have the Pure DLC up and running so I'm sold. Where is the data saved? Is it on the PSTV unit itself?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    All those shots were taken of the PS TV going direct into the TV Via HDMI with video output set at 1080i
    The game is probably rendered in full frames, so you should consider to set the signal to a progressive format (1080p instead of 1080i). This way you shouldn’t encounter any conversion of the image. Also be sure to match your TV’s framerate to the game’s framerate, which should be 30fps/Hz for your TV – if the PSTV outputs that.

Pulse will also look best when using the PS2-Version with an emulator, as it won’t upscale the original output but actually renders at whatever resolution you set it to.

Hope that helps

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Does PSTV really have 1080p as an option? I'm guessing it has 720p or maybe that was Vita TV.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The highest video output on the PS TV is 1080i

RAPID RACER:
    OK, I'll write a instruction template, as there are several different ways of setting this thing up, BUT, basically it's the same as getting the PURE/PULSE DLC onto a VITA.

The major difference is that there has been a update to Sony's Media content assistant software, and if you want to use it with PS TV/PS3/PS4/VITA/PC ...They ALL have to be running the same version.
    Which Currently is V 3.30.7824.86.
    I had trouble getting it as some Sony sites have it, but without the C+++ installer
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 27th November 2014 at 01:28 PM.