Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTF Sebenco?

PSN ID
    TERRA-WRISTS / SKRUFFEM

The thing with yeldar is, that he makes it look easy. And ive seen him play irl to confirm it.

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

Quote Originally Posted by terra-wrists View Post
    You may surprise yourself and realise that phantom is all about the neat lines and turbo luck (so many green racers about in that speed) and therefore, a heck of a lot easier once you've adjusted... however, I believe it is still possible to beat those times - all it takes is that extra turbo the previous number one didn't get.

I don't play phantom much - and now I can't play at all for at least a week (maybe longer) because 2 nights ago, I sprained my left hand whilst doing a chain BR and that old repetitive strain injury has come back. Bugger.

does that mean id be able to beat you at a race if you are all broken

Timezone
    GMT -2
    PSN ID
    EmmaTH_

@mannjonn- *poke poke* -sub 2 :3 have a look :3

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

^_^

Well done indeed. This at least confirms kind of what I was thinking about which rolls to do and which to avoid. You also only had one turbo for the whole race used for the shortcut (or maybe 2?). Was this pre or post patch?

Timezone
    GMT -2
    PSN ID
    EmmaTH_

Pre~!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Well that settles it! I won't see you guys online for a few days for multiplayer race, but I hope to get some serious new records set! ^_^

PSN ID
    TERRA-WRISTS / SKRUFFEM

You make sure u record us your best races bud

Good fortune favours the brave!

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    does that mean id be able to beat you at a race if you are all broken
    if I come online, yes but I won't.
    Last edited by terra-wrists; 26th October 2014 at 10:28 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Ok, so I goofed up last night. I was trying to uninstall and reinstall, but the patch came back.

I guess for this to work you need to uninstall the patch first, then actually uninstall the game. I guess I also need to delete the patch too?

Does anyone know if I have to redownload it, or can I just uninstall then reinstall for this to work?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

If you have digital, just delete the game, then redownload & install, when you launch it up, it'll ask you to update, just cancel after the second or third update and you should be pre patch
    And regarding your question, depends what the install data contains, i'd suggest redownloading to be sure, but you could try just uninstalling and then reinstalling (although i thought the PS3 automatically removed the installer after completion?)

and sebenco sub 2 is easy mannjon, if you have a turbo and it's nowhere near where you like using it, just absorb it or use it straight away, if you hold on to it you'll lose too much shield energy barrel rolling (unless you don't roll, but then that explains the tough time getting sub 2 )

Try getting some perfect laps with rolls disabled to practice your lines through the corners, then go crazy and turn dem sexy rolls on

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

The perfect laps isn't so much of a problem. Ship ramming seems to be the worst thing to happen to a good run.

As a general sidebar question, it seems like using a turbo as fast as possible is a good strategy in general in Phantom. I typically try to save them back as though I was doing a Time Trial for other speeds, but in Phantom, the shortcuts don't save near as much time as good racing lines. I was able to manage a 2.03.xx yesterday in a Harimau with only one turbo the whole race, which kind of confirms the importance of lines over boost rolls.