Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mad fanatics of all wipeouts

Default mad fanatics of all wipeouts

wen i first bought my playstation in 1996 i got wipeou as one of my first games and i still have it today. then i got wipeout 2097 and wip3out in 1998 then fusion last year but i sold coz it was a second hander and it didnt work properly so im getting a brand new one . i was wondering if any one else has all the wipeouts, because this wipeout series, well boys and girls, is the best damn racing series for a very long time.

piranha wiper says peace out.

oh p.s. Who thinks we should have a pertition for the bringin out of original wipeout with the original traks, crafts and better graphics or would it be better to keep the original as it is to sho what a classic it is.

um... actually, you don't have anywhere near all the Wipeouts. there are some that you don't seem to have heard of yet. such as WO64, Wipeout original and 2097 for Saturn. WO3SE. WO2097/XL for the Mac, etc

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Of course,the Sega Saturn was a piece of crap on a stick,so why evne bother getting that version? :

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Yes, sure. If you say so it must be true... :roll:

PSN ID
    MachineDebaser

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell
    Of course,the Sega Saturn was a piece of crap on a stick,so why evne bother getting that version? :
    Dunno about you, but I have a Saturn, PS and N64, and of all of them I've probably had most fun playing Saturn games. True, it may not have been the best of the consoles technically, but when you can play Fighters Megamix, Sega Rally, Wipeout 2097, NiGHTS and House of the Dead on it who really cares?

As for having all the wipeout versions, I'd say that he really only needs WO3SE and WO64 - I'm not gonna really count having a copy for all the different systems a version was on...

even if O'Connell's assertion about the Saturn were true [ which as far as i can tell, it isn't ], this would matter little to completists who wish to collect Everything, not only the games, but associated artwork and CDs

well i dont see the point in getting the wipeouts for saturn mac and n64 coz i dont have these and besides ther isny any shops that sell these

you can get them in pawn shops and on ebay. it isn't worth the trouble to some people. to other people, it is. just an individual thing

yeah i no wat u mean lance, ive done it but its the collection of playstation versions.

It seemed to me that wipEout on Saturn was dumbed down so you could beat the challenges first shot. It was also extremely jerky.
    wipEout 64 is a fantastic edition to the series, especially if you favour 2097. It's worth picking up an N64 just for this game. They're cheap enough to justify it.

i coul just buy the game coz my mates got a n64, ne ways im getin fusin and wip3out soon WAHEY, so then i can have then all and i might number 1 as well just to get the box coz mine is nacked(its 4 years old can ya blame me?)

Don't blame you at all. I bought spare copy of wipEout 2097 recently. It's also a great link up game so a second copy is essential.

Wipe'out''
    Wipe'out''2097
    Wip3out
    Wip3out SE

All for psone, and all bought a few days after their launch.
    It's my treasure

Default wipeout xl and 2097 on saturn

These two actually run quite nicely on the saturn, and feel different than the psx version

Hey, Pirahna wiper, I'd sign up for this petition if it was possible at all, but i think it's not.
    I mean, who would have put his gratests efforts to develop a game for a bunch of fanatics?
    I'm really into ressurecting the original wipeout, really, I'd love to see the tracks in Hi-res, with lots of new textures and all these gizmos which make my eyes wet while playing.
    It's not gonna happen though, I guess.
    There's other thing I haven't mentioned. Your imagination. Wipeout had very simple, yet - clear graphic design, which made me imagine lots of things while i was piloting.
    If I didn't make myself clear - there's an example: do you see the prototype tracks on W3O as they are, or you imagine the elements of the tracks while piloting (the question is if you have time to do so, but this is a different issue)?
    It's a very individual thing for everyone who played the mentioned games.
    And what's that got to do with the reedition of the first W'O? Well, I don't want a developer to destroy my imagined picture of W'O as I see it.
    Kinda complicated, if so - read again

P.S. - Although the things I wrote - I'd still like to see a reedition of W'O. Now it gets even more complicated.....

how come nothing ever stays the same if pysgnosis was in charge of fusion it would be alot better

what's left of Psygnosis was in charge of Fusion, and is now in charge of Wipeout Pure. Psygnosis became part of Sony long ago and is now their Liverpool studio. this has been mentioned many times in past threads. we should probably make that information part of a site FAQ

<skating on thin ice>to state that one has all the wipeouts is to state that one has all the wipeouts, not all those that they deem subjectively worthy of being classed as wipeout. to do so would be arrogant.

masturbatorally seeded thread.</skating on thin ice>
    +
    i am quite truly amazed, however at what brilliant facts can come out of almost anything. i had no idea that there were wipeouts for the saturn, which i guess makes me kinda ignorant.

i'd love to play them.

¥

Am I seeing things or being naive?

masturbatorally seeded thread.</skating on thin ice> Frankie Howard would have had a fiekd day. Titter ye not.

yuusen said:
    <skating on thin ice>to state that one has all the wipeouts is to state that one has all the wipeouts, not all those that they deem subjectively worthy of being classed as wipeout. to do so would be arrogant.
    what the bloody hell does that mean by the way?????????