Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mad fanatics of all wipeouts

Default translation

it means that to claim that one owns all the Wipeouts worth owning is self-centered, ignorant, arrogant, and juvenile, and that it's therefore better not to claim such things

yes. theoretically, you could get cought out.

¥

oh dear, i seem to be all of these then (hangs head in shame) i shall only speak of having all but one wipeouts for the playstations ops:

Quote Originally Posted by yuusen
    i had no idea that there were wipeouts for the saturn, which i guess makes me kinda ignorant.
    its quite easily done. i find myself backspacing a lot when writing posts; rephrasing myself. its hard to be enthusiastic about something and remain modest as it is always nice to be famous in some way within ones peer group. many people forget that someone can be famous for simply keeping things real.

¥

good choice, PW

''cought''
    um... past tense of cough?
    ''yer 'onour, i coodn't rightly see just then as i 'd just cought up a gob o' green goo that were big enough as cood choke an 'orse.''

"arr, oi cought a fish the uvver day, 'e were THIS BIG. poor bugger were coughtin' an' splutterin' so oi chucked 'im baack."

¥

sounds just like that old farmer on ''are you being served, again'' or whatever the title of that department-store-ex-employees-running-inn-in-the-country tv series is. the one with mollie sugden and frank thornton and others

lol! the name mollie sugden makes me giggle each time i hear or read it.

im not entirely sure but are you reffering to 'upstairs downstairs'?
    -
    webmaster palmer says : "get orf moi LAAAAN!"

¥

no, not Upstairs, Downstairs. over here the first part of the series is called ''Are You Being Served?''. a group of characters work for the Grace Brothers department store. when ''young'' Mister Grace dies, the store is closed and the employees are given a 'severance' package that consists of an old country house that they turn into and inn. this event starts the second embodiment of the series. i think it must be set in Yorkshire, considering the way the old farmer/caretaker sounds, but my knowledge of dialects is very limited as my previous attempt at cought-up humour indicates

i never realised there was a follow-up to that series. i guess, because of my age, i only got to see reruns and therefore only the popluar "are you being served?" serieseses.

i take it you enjoy british humour, lance?

¥

very much. i have frequently been accused by other Americans of being ''english'', probably due to my habit of speaking precise and complex American english instead of doggerel slang. of course i've also been thought to be female and chinese, so other people's judgements must be a bit suspect.

i've never seen anything of British series but re-runs [except for the first time i saw them, so they're not re-runs for me at that point, but anyway you know what i mean]. some of those series are still seen locally here. Hyacinth Bucket is still around in all her wannabe glory. um... also The Last of the Wine, Are You Being Served, etc. there have been many of them... fawlty towers, good neighbors, and a ton of others extremely ancient or otherwise.

but we seem to have ever so slightly diverged from the original topic of this thread

thats rather funny.

ive also been thought to be female, usually by small children. (please, noone cheapen that, its really true)

i have also been thought to be : spanish, arabic, israeli, brazilian and australian. i look like none.

maybe its the cymric energy in us.
    +
    we have diverged havent we.
    -
    in response to pw's original topic request :

im all up for a remake of the original wipeout. i love seeing what can be done with old ideas and new technology. quite frankly, i find it hard not to feel ever so lsightly and occasionally jaded when playing ps1 titles after playing the ps2 and would love to have all my old titles updated with gameplay intact.

but thats in an ideal world where money isnt an object.
    -
    one solution would be to create an open source port of the original wipeout (with permission) that could play in an operating system environment like mac os x, or linux, or even win xp.

actually, screw porting the game. lets make our own!!! start from scratch. have an idea brainstorming session. find some programmers. do more research. become our own programmers. seed the game engine. find it doesnt work. use the quake 3 engine instead. taylor it to a racing perspective. spend hours swearing at our computers. cry. scream. bleed and finally, maybe just finally, have the wipeout that everyone can play and noone dislikes.

¥

of all the difficulties that you list, as bad as they are, none of the others come even close to this one, '' maybe just finally, have the wipeout that everyone can play and noone dislikes''

i couldnt agree more. id like to think that making the project opensource would increase the oppertunity for people to have there say about what they wanna see in a titel. as well as make their own if they feel inclined.
    -
    on the subject of open source, i ressurected this thread:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/vi...?p=16947#16947

¥

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

You enjoy British humour eh Lance? Have you ever heard of Trigger Happy TV starring Dom Jolly? They did a US series as well

haven't heard of that one in either British or U.S. version. describe it for me?
    pretty much all the British television series i get to see are shown only on my local Public Broadcasting Service channel. once long ago, one of the local independent commercial stations showed the old Benny Hill show, which wasn't so old at that time, but other than that it's all non-commercial on PBS. btw, i don't have cable or satellite services, just broadcast

yuusen i like the way your mind works, yeah lets TRY and get some stuff together and make a game but with permission of course