Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: STOP PRESS: Formula Fusion - Next gen Wipeout - from ex Wipeout Devs.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

is the BETA up for us to test yet?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Terra, I don't know if they've even started programming for the game yet. Hold your horses. For about a year.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

A year... time does fly. I'm hoping this will kick some ... and not disappoint.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    assassain890

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    Not every wipeout dev was in the programming part of the game.
    i know that you have the coders the animators the sound wizards that's the basics which all games require i think

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

just checked out the FB page - the new concepts look much better than the F1 modded versions. Good work, good direction.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Seems plenty of feedback from our end.
    Silence from them since the name change at least
    No official response here if they got financial backing.

Hello!!!!
    Are you receiving me ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RApvaQ0uGTw

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

R8 have mentioned that they released the trailer only so they can get our feedback (the wipeout collective). I saw that some guy in a bad mood was dissing the game and so, Mr Fisty posted the following:

Guys – this is Pre-Production footage! We don’t have the cash right now to blow lots on the teaser, It was created to engage with Wipeout fans as a means to prompt feedback on the community sites. We have listened to the fans disappointment over the lack of any plans to do anything for next gen and we have decided to make something we believe will breathe new life into the genre, and give us freedom to exploit platforms that were previously not considered because of exclusivity.

It’s perhaps a little early to show things, based on your comments, but we will continue to be open during the development process – even if you don’t get the direction in the pre-viz footage right now – we will work hard so you do.

We look forward to providing an open window on a development that we are sure will bring joy to many

Best,
    R8 Team
    then the guy who was initially moaning, replied with:

Sorry dude, I’m feeling quite guilty for being so harsh now! Of course you’d expect me to say that, backtrack, then heap praise on you, so I won’t be such a brown nose. I think you’re right to say it’s too early to release a trailer like that, in my opinion it’s way below your standard, I thought it might be a fan made fake if I’m honest. I can imagine you’re aiming to breathe new life into what you’re already good at and I’ll remain optimistic that your game will be a true reflection of your teams ability. I thought F1 CE was brilliant and I’ve enjoyed the Wipeout brand thoroughly. Good luck with this project!
    ... It's great news that they've gotten us involved this early - we have the chance to influence the direction of the end result hopefully.

As for the concept ships: https://www.facebook.com/R8Games/pho...type=1&theater scroll thru these badboys

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Heck yes, I'd buy this on Vita in a heartbeat! Can't wait to see more of the game by the way! Keep up the good work.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    assassain890

Quote Originally Posted by UnleashSonic View Post
    Heck yes, I'd buy this on Vita in a heartbeat! Can't wait to see more of the game by the way! Keep up the good work.
    R8 you know what you have to do right make this game for the vita and it can be at 60fps but not required in my opinion maybe add support for ps4 cross play and touch screen for the vita for the upgrades

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

If you are basically trying to resurrect a racing genera,[ Since Sony have dropped the ball so many time in recent years ] then you might as well Start doing it on a platform that others might see people playing it on, thus get the OMG! I've got to play that game thing happening, when others see how good it can be.

Not so likely to happen with a handheld.

Actually I've NEVER EVER seen anybody playing a VITA in public, so if your playing them at home, one would ask, why not get a full console - either PS3 or PS4?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Szeikan

I never play my Vita in public but there are a number of reasons to get one even for use just at home.

Here are just a couple off the top of my head but I'm sure there are others.

1. If you travel a lot it's a lot less convenient to lug your PS3/4 back and forth than it is to just toss your Vita in your bag and go.
    2. PSVita is cheaper. Not everyone has the disposable income to buy whatever they want.

Anyway, I'm excited for this in that it's better than nothing. However, I have my reservations... In particular, the turning model looks really off. I would have preferred another WipEout game but best of luck to the dev team! Hope they can pull it off.
    Last edited by SZEIKAN; 1st November 2014 at 02:40 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    tm.mordred

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    You could give Fayyette, Rchetype and Wolfgun all a shot.

Fayyette is a new musician. Rchetype and Wolfgun have been around for a while, and were actually heavily inspired by the older WipEout games. I often listen to their music when playing WipEout Pulse, especially Stranger. A shame that the songs outlast the races 70% of the time.

EDIT: Are you using Km/H or m/s for speed readouts? I suggest the latter, as it is the international scientific standard.
    And how are you handling the playlist for races; one per level like in Unreal or Sonic Riders, or the whole soundtrack on shuffle like in the WipEout games? What I propose is a cross between the two, where each racetrack has its ownplaylist with the most fitting songs on it.
    That playlist-per-track idea is absolutely brilliant! I actually had that idea a while back, but i obviously don't have a game to implement that into.
    A song I'd like to suggest, since it was said on the Facebook page that the game was going for a slightly retro-future look, is Varien and Razihel's "Toothless Hawkins and His Robot Jazz Band." It's a blend of 1920's big band jazz and modern dubstep/dance music, which would probably suit a nighttime race through a Las Vegas-style city perfectly.
    Last edited by TM.Mordred; 1st November 2014 at 06:49 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    assassain890

Quote Originally Posted by TM.Mordred View Post
    That playlist-per-track idea is absolutely brilliant! I actually had that idea a while back, but i obviously don't have a game to implement that into.
    A song I'd like to suggest, since it was said on the Facebook page that the game was going for a slightly retro-future look, is Varien and Razihel's "Toothless Hawkins and His Robot Jazz Band." It's a blend of 1920's big band jazz and modern dubstep/dance music, which would probably suit a nighttime race through a Las Vegas-style city perfectly.
    you my friend are a genius and maybe you could make your own playlists with your music or the games music and you could set it for each track and/or event either way man bloody brilliant

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Ooooh Myyyyy Goooshhhh... this is a dream come true, check it:

Quote Originally Posted by R8 Games on Facebook
    The Designers Republic are going to have a field day with this game!.. We even have track indents! There's no reason you couldn't create your own team btw, complete with decals and skins. These are the default ones.
    YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!! OH **** YES!!!!!! YESSS YESSSS YESSSS.

WOW.

YESSSSSS

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Remember that they are building this game for PC first.
    What might be easily doable on a PC might turn out being wonky in testing on a console version.
    Sort of like LBP, great concept and works fine if playing somebodies level solo, but every time I've played online with one or more others it's been a lag fest, which I put down to having to load all the materials used in a level which gobbles up most of the PS3's limited RAM.

If they keep it simple it shouldn't be a problem, but if too many options are given I reckon it will hit performance.

I'd rather have a well performing racer with no skin customization options, than a mediocre one with it.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

considering that pulse had customisable skins (oh I so miss that airlicker AG SYS) and didn't lag online, I would like to believe this won't be a problem. However, as you say, the code is being created from scratch - it could go both ways, it could be wonky as you say... or, with the combined experience of the dev team, they may tweak it to a level which we are happy with - I am trying to keep an optimistic outlook for this, simply because I believe wipeout as a title won't make a return to playstation anymore. Sad as that is, we have this one lifeline with FF... the fact that its a kickstarter project is slightly worrying for me - no financial backing, no real nada... it's an uphill climb for R8... and no promise of that barrel roll at the top if you know what I mean.

Some sort of Negcon support (via an adapter) would be awesome. That's probably daydreaming but hey...
    Logged in after long months of not being around to post here.. really excited about the news.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

negcon? prolly on a few left in existence, I dont see them going the extra mile for a defunct piece of equipment to be honest. best not to keep hopes too high eh?

welcome back btw.

EDIT: Cold Storage are on board for the Music... now we is talking... Also, DUB FX says a few words about working with Cold Storage on this game on R8's facebook page
    Last edited by terra-wrists; 6th November 2014 at 06:56 PM.

Sorry we have been a bit quiet lately - just so much to be getting on with. Check out the new clip on youtube - there's a quick nod to all you guys on WipeoutZone. We are going to start ramping everything up next week - make sure you like the FB page to keep track (https://www.facebook.com/R8Games), and we will make the website available early next week so you can sign up to the Test Pilot Program :-) - haha, not the best frame to reference. I can assure you no alcohol was used in the making of that video!!

In summary - thanks everyone.

Last edited by MrFisty; 9th November 2014 at 09:31 AM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Cheers Andrew, I'll share any future updates on our FB group as well, as well as on here for those members who do not use FB