Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: STOP PRESS: Formula Fusion - Next gen Wipeout - from ex Wipeout Devs.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Alright. By the way, what does internal view look like at the moment? Can you see the ship's cockpit/dashboard? One of the problems I had with WipEout HD's internal view was that it was just a disembodied floating camera.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by MrFisty View Post
    You mean this one?
    yes, that one
    wasn't sure if I should post it here since it was unlisted

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    yes, that one
    wasn't sure if I should post it here since it was unlisted
    Hi - that movie 'was' unlisted, but I felt that in the spirit of things we would throw it out to you good people.
    Whilst it is mainly a visual prototype - rather than a fully balanced gameplay example (at the moment) It was actually created (in a few months I might add) to stir things up with publishers, to generate interest and also to provide funding opportunities - in the same way a 'pilot' may be used for films with investors.
    It is a 'Huge' project and not one that we can do without help - so we are being brave and aiming high.

Things have changed in the games industry now - 'very few' publishers actually believe in AG Racing as a valid next gen genre - so we are trying to convince people of the 'potential', and to set up a studio staffed with other ex wipeout dev's - (with some new wipeout dev talent of course) - to hopefully carry the torch again. But this time being much more open with the community.

We are also about to officially announce DUB as the music producer for the game.

https://www.facebook.com/dubfx?ref=ts&fref=ts

Stay tuned for further updates - and please be patient - we ARE listening to everything you tell us!

Best wishes,
    R8 Team.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Please include Racebox...

EVERYONE! We need a new name - before we go out to the general media. PLEASE - can you go here and make suggestions - or - like your favorites. We will chose the best one we feel fits the concept next week. If we chose yours we will stick a nod in the credits..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/R8Games/728021997220331

Best,
    R8 Team.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I don't have a Facebook, but I do have a few ideas. How about replacing "Racing" with "Spectrum"? (I was gonna use "Spectrum" for my cancelled WipEout remake, but screw it). Projections, Horizon or Dryfire would also work.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 19th September 2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Typo correction

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    I don't have a Favebook, but I do have a few ideas. How about replacing "Racing" with "Spectrum"? (I was gonna use "Spectrum" for my cancelled WipEout remake, but screw it). Projections, Horizon or Dryfire would also work.
    Thanks - I will add them into the mix. You are a star!

Timezone
    GMT -6

Thanks for the compliment.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    assassain890

how about slamjet racing evolved or dancing with angels (little reference to acecombat 5 i think), FX1 or even g-Force wait even better Danger zone

Timezone
    GMT -6

"Danger Zone" sounds really lame (no offense), "G-Force" is WAAAAAY overdone, "Evolved" implies a sequel, "FX1" is too vague, and all of those titles still have "Racing" in them. If "Racing" is part of the main title, it will draw attention away from the important part ("SlamJet"). "Racing" should only be used as part of a subtitle.
    Example:
    SlamJet Spectrum
    High-Octane Anti-Gravity Racing