Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: STOP PRESS: Formula Fusion - Next gen Wipeout - from ex Wipeout Devs.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

This 10 minute pitch video makes me much more excited about the game than some of the preliminary concept videos I had seen a few months ago.

I'd love to get a chance to get into the testing phase; I was disappointed in the gameplay and presentation of what turned out to be a freemium-style timesink when the Quantum Rush devs sourced early testers about a year ago... no ill will toward them, but the game just wasn't pushing the right buttons to keep me interested.

My biggest concern with FF is the handling dynamics and physical sense of weight, momentum, and maneuverability... something that has felt absent from the recent entries in the Wipeout series, at least to me, compared to the early trilogy. (yes I can't let it go, sue me)

I hope these guys get enough support to keep the project off the ground (ha, get it?), this may need more exposure beyond just the niche Wipeout/F-Zero crowds though...

PSN ID
    TERRA-WRISTS / SKRUFFEM

I'm am so excited for this! Everything I wanted in wipEout is in FF And I'm feeling the 5 speed classes, each with their own league!

Keep up the good work R8!

Quote Originally Posted by terra-wrists View Post
    I'm am so excited for this! Everything I wanted in wipEout is in FF And I'm feeling the 5 speed classes, each with their own league!

Keep up the good work R8!
    Thanks a ton! We are excited to show you lot improvements each step of the way. Handling will be on another level from the pre-release footage and we have the guys to do it. It's a hover engine that will have everything plugged into it so it works with the tech tree, but I agree, the early stuff was pants from a true AG point of view.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Maciek1702, Maciek1704

I can't wait for this! I'll be awesome! How many will be there music tracks?
    (sorry for bad English)

PSN ID
    TERRA-WRISTS / SKRUFFEM

I just saw this on th R8 facebook page:

the Designers Republic taks Formula Fusion

The design brief is really well thought out !!! worth watching.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

R8 Games website is now live, you can find it here - www.r8games.com

You can also sign up for the Test Pilot Program for Formula Fusion there.

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

Seriously excited by this announcement! Best wishes to all at R8 involved, I will be backing this (and future) project(s)

Great to read of tDR and Cold Storage involvement, be nice to get some more big music names attached too.

Loving the thought of Oculus support. And 7.1 sound would be nice. I don't do PC games though, so console versions for me please.

The only feedback I feel worthy of being able to offer, I too miss the floaty feel of 2097/W3, HD was really fab, but I'm pretty useless on the portable versions and could never really pull off BR's. I'd also REALLY like to see Negcon support (and even a separate / stretch goal for an updated bluetooth/rumble new improved Negcon).

FF+DR+7.1+Negcon(+Oculus?)=DreamWorld never to be seen again

Where we're going we don't need roads. Bring on the Merch. And some prints too please.

PSN ID
    stin_wz, PS3 , Vita and PS4

Oooohh...T Shirts coming soon!, looks like I will be buying one or maybe two

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

I subscribed to be part of the test phase.
    My only concern is my PC. It's a laptop : core i7, 6 GB RAM and NVidia GT650m. I hope it will be enough to run the game @720p.

I will for sure participate to the kickstarter also

PSN ID
    TERRA-WRISTS / SKRUFFEM

A hoodie... it's getting colder down these sides