Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I'm a bit disappointed, first you say it won't be this generic farfuture racer, more racing. But then it's mentioned there will be weapons?
Anyway, I'll follow your updates ^^
Initially - the weapons were more a strategic advantage - like a virus to effect the craft systems, or drones that damage the shield systems, but the idea evolved with the addition of more experimental concepts. I'm all about speed and fluidity without disrupting gameplay so it all needs to have a balance. Nothing will be added that takes away from the race feel.. It's not a shoot em up.. In the world we created - the idea wasn't to fight to the death, but to use science breakthroughs to gain an advantage. Just like F1 - but visually we want to pack it full of screen fx too - like lights blurring into ribbons and, almost to become abstract. So the weapons will ABSOLUTELY only be added if they 'add' to the feel of what we are trying to achieve.

Also, I don't want to take away anything from generic sci-fi style games.. But we are striving to make a mark and it's a challenge that's for sure. Design of the aesthetics is something we take very seriously indeed and there's no way we can get everything right in the initial stages, that's what pre-production is all about

Point taken tho..

Cheers.